LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

If we lose Goldson..I wont shed a tear

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
No one curr.

he tried to test the market bfore,and nobody wanted him.he fired Rosenhous, and he still aint gettin what he wants.get over it duke.

This is not true. Actually the new england patriots were going to sign him to a 2 yr deal .. worth more than what SF was willing to pay him. But he decided to resign with us for about 1.2 million less. Goldson is a good dude. Him firing rosenhaus is good proof of that. Rosenhaus is a money grubbing agent that usually gets his clients what they want whether it be that team or a different team. Maybe for once Goldson ala last yr, wanted to be in SF hense why he took less money. You can sit here and dog the guy but unless you know him you wouldnt understand. I believe a deal will get done, and if it doesnt he will go play for another team as simple as that. But for now he is franchise tagged and i dont believe he will hold out at all. if he does i will be seriously suprised.
[ Edited by Fricker on Jun 23, 2012 at 6:48 AM ]
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Gore seems a candidate to be cut next offseason.

He's got a modest salary and is still a productive runner. Unless he completely falls off of a cliff in pass protection then I think he will play out his contract.

This. Gore will likely retire after 2 more years. He'll get his ring this season and then will finish out 2013 as the 3rd back IMO.

I'm pretty sure Gore will get cut after this year and will probably go the Edrin James route. He'll retire one year after leaving us.
Originally posted by Fricker:
This is not true. Actually the new england patriots were going to sign him to a 2 yr deal .. worth more than what SF was willing to pay him.

according to... who? Shlefter?
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

He's got a modest salary and is still a productive runner. Unless he completely falls off of a cliff in pass protection then I think he will play out his contract.

This. Gore will likely retire after 2 more years. He'll get his ring this season and then will finish out 2013 as the 3rd back IMO.

I'm pretty sure Gore will get cut after this year and will probably go the Edrin James route. He'll retire one year after leaving us.

I don't see gore hanging it up in the next 2-3 years, if anything he would be more like LT (how he went to the jets), and go somewhere like the pats if he gets cut ever.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Edgerrin James.....weird spelling.
I will. Goldson is overrated and soon to be overpaid but I'll still miss him ballhawking behind our D. We'll survive without him though. He's always been a liability in coverage.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
the owners of these teams make much much much more money than these players. i find it funny that some want to bash dashon or any player for trying to get a team to give him an extra mill...when that team makes that extra mill like it is nothing. again the nfl is the only top sports league where your contract is not guaranteed....i don't know how some like to call some of these players greedy when they play a sport where their careers could easily end or more chance at injuries than say sports like baseball or basketball.

you know why.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
the owners of these teams make much much much more money than these players. i find it funny that some want to bash dashon or any player for trying to get a team to give him an extra mill...when that team makes that extra mill like it is nothing. again the nfl is the only top sports league where your contract is not guaranteed....i don't know how some like to call some of these players greedy when they play a sport where their careers could easily end or more chance at injuries than say sports like baseball or basketball.

you know why.

Yeah it is called a salary cap.
I don't begrudge anyone for trying to get as much money as they can - especialy in a sport where it could be over fast= due to injuries.

My gut says he'll be gone after this season and I don't have a link but I read that the `13 draft will be rich in RB and Safeties.
It will be next man up. Nothing wrong with Goldson a 4th or 5th round pick trying to cash in. When you outperform your contract you look to get paid b/c if you underperformed they sure as hell won't pay you. With the salary cap teams just can't afford to pay everybody. Goldson will have to get his money elsewhere and he will have earned it if he has another outstanding year. That's just how it goes.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

you know why.

Yeah it is called a salary cap.

some keep bringing this up.....but there is also the option of increasing the signing bonus.
I think too many fans take Goldson for granted. Saying he's overrated because he wants to get paid? And I'm tired of hearing about where he was drafted! Sick and tired. That has diidly poo to do with how well he played or how much he should get paid. He's a top 6 or 7 safety in this league probably more like top 5. NOT A 4th ROUNDER!

Should he get 8 mil per year? NO! Should he get every cent of a contract as large as Griffins? YOU BET! He outplayed Griffin last year and thats a fact. Ask any real titans fan and they'll tell you. They'd rather have the Griffin from 2010 -2011 than the one they saw last season! Atleast Dashon has gotten better each year.

GO NINERS! Stop hating on players because of where they were drafted or how much money they make or don't make. Goldson has earned his payday. PAY THAT MAN HIS MONEY!
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Jun 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM ]
... and Aubrayo Franklin earned his big payday too !!! PAY THAT MAN !!!!!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
pay the man he deserves it
Originally posted by oldman9er:
... and Aubrayo Franklin earned his big payday too !!! PAY THAT MAN !!!!!

Man, I hope he signs a reasonable contract that doesn't affect our ability to keep other players such as Bowman but this is EXACTLY what I was thinking as a perfect comparison. He wants his pay day (above reasonable/fair) and he'll play well again this year behind the best front 7 in football and leave for the big pay day...only to go to a team that isn't half as good up front and his play will come into question. Will he come back again in a couple years like the Franklin talk now? Something to think about...
Share 49ersWebzone