There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who was the worst 49er HC?

Who was the worst 49er HC?

Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
But Sing had more talent and squandered it at every opportunity...

Erickson inherited a playoff team that had gone 10-6 and 12-4 the year before. He wasn't the worst coach by a longshot though. The next year, he got a team with no TO and no QB.

Coach Suit got a team with less talent, and proceeded to strip it of even more talent by completely purging the roster.

Disagree about Nolan's purge being a bad thing overall.

Should he have kept Rattay & Harvey Dahl? Yeah, probably. But he got good draft picks out of a lot of guys... Barlow, Rattay, Dorsey eventually (I think).

Who do you think Nolan should have kept around?
I chose Erickson.

Easily the worst.
[ Edited by Candlestick_Monsta on Jun 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM ]
Erickson is very very worst and very dumb s**t as Head Coach ever!!!
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
But Sing had more talent and squandered it at every opportunity...

Erickson inherited a playoff team that had gone 10-6 and 12-4 the year before. He wasn't the worst coach by a longshot though. The next year, he got a team with no TO and no QB.

Coach Suit got a team with less talent, and proceeded to strip it of even more talent by completely purging the roster.

Guys that Nolan drafted/signed have gone to a combine 16 probowls with us. He also signed 2 DB's who had been to previous probowls. Seven starters on our defense were brought in by Nolan. Eight guys who started games on offense last year were also Nolan guys.

Smith n Crabtree vs Garcia n Owens

Nolan didnt "purge" Garcia and Owens. I cant really recall any players he cut that went on to do anything noteworthy, maybe Antonio Bryant who had a really good year in Tampa.
He obviously mishandled Alex and that is ultimately why he was fired he also wasnt here when Crabtree was drafted.

my comment was directed more towards the general discussion of who interited better talent.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by dcsham:
None of the above. Back before Bill Walsh, we had a one year combo of Ken Meyer and Pete McCulley. I would take any of the three you list over those two.

+ 1 for the Veteran Niner Fan
This isaint even close. Singeltary is probally the worst, most unqualified headcoach in the history of the NFL.
It boggles my mind that Singletary is not winning by a 100% margin!
Dad-gum no doubt. The only thing he did right was straighten out VD.
Sing was without question the most unqualified NFL Head Coach ever. He couldn't Game Plan, couldn't adjust, didn't know an X from an O.

He will never be a Head Coach again, he won't be a D Coordinator, the only reason he even got a job with the Vikings is because his old Bears buddy Leslie Frazier felt bad for him and gave him a job as junior asst Inside Linebackers Coach.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Sing was without question the most unqualified NFL Head Coach ever. He couldn't Game Plan, couldn't adjust, didn't know an X from an O.

He will never be a Head Coach again, he won't be a D Coordinator, the only reason he even got a job with the Vikings is because his old Bears buddy Leslie Frazier felt bad for him and gave him a job as junior asst Inside Linebackers Coach.

this
I guess technically Nolan should be the worst since he sucked AND he brought Singletary to the Niners.

Take it from a guy named DaveWilcox! You ought to know!
http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/News_Articles/2011/mike-singletary.aspx
I still crack up when I think of Dingleberry saying he will be one of the greatest coaches of all time.