There are 174 users in the forums

Is Patrick Willis the Greatest Niner of Alltime?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jerome_Horwitz:
You're being naive. He plays the most important position on the entire defense, probably second most important position on the team. Lott was just a defensive back way back when team almost exclusively ran the ball.

Joe never had the physical talent. I love Joe, but look at the numbers and MVPs, even Young was better.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

What a stupid thread

If you're not prepared to have a serious discussion then maybe you should leave. This thread is for 49er fans.

You know, for a noob, you're feisty...

Originally posted by Niners99:
Look, im Patrick Willis' biggest fan, but unless He takes over at QB and leads us to 4 more Super Bowls in 4 appearances, he will never be the greatest Niner of all time.

Patrick Willis has a very real chance of passing Ronnie Lott as the greatest defensive player in 49ers history. In fact, He could be on the Niners Mt. Rushmore. But I dont see anyone ever passing Joe for that spot.

BTW, 49ers Mt. Rushmore right now? Montana, Rice, Young, Lott. Id say about 3 more all-pro's and a SB ring for Willis knocks Lott out of that spot. maybe just the 3+ all-pros.

You're being naive. He plays the most important position on the entire defense, probably second most important position on the team. Lott was just a defensive back way back when team almost exclusively ran the ball.

Joe never had the physical talent. I love Joe, but look at the numbers and MVPs, even Young was better.

trolling trolls gonna troll
Willis vs Lott is crazy talk at this point. Lott vs Ray Lewis, ok. Until Willis makes big plays (game changing) on the big stage, we should never again bring up this topic. I see Willis as a difference maker, but in a very limited way.....Great cover guy and run stopper, but I need turnovers and I dont consider him a field general (ala Ray Lewis).
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
He may become the best linebacker in niner history some day but greatest niner? No. My choice for that award remains Joe Montana and I really can't see him being replaced.

He's already the greatest LB in franchise history. He's probably a 10 top all-time Niner, and he might be on par with Lott at this point.... but the best Niner ever? Come on now. He's not on Joe or Jerry's level yet.
Serious Discussion? You're calling me out for having a serious discussion?

I'm calling you out for not having a serious discussion. Maybe you should try respecting other people's opinions and posting a counter argument.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Look, im Patrick Willis' biggest fan, but unless He takes over at QB and leads us to 4 more Super Bowls in 4 appearances, he will never be the greatest Niner of all time.

Patrick Willis has a very real chance of passing Ronnie Lott as the greatest defensive player in 49ers history. In fact, He could be on the Niners Mt. Rushmore. But I dont see anyone ever passing Joe for that spot.

BTW, 49ers Mt. Rushmore right now? Montana, Rice, Young, Lott. Id say about 3 more all-pro's and a SB ring for Willis knocks Lott out of that spot. maybe just the 3+ all-pros.

Serious Discussion? You're calling me out for having a serious discussion?

I'm calling you out for not having a serious discussion. Maybe you should try respecting other people's opinions and posting a counter argument.

I'm not going going to respect ignorance
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Willis vs Lott is crazy talk at this point. Lott vs Ray Lewis, ok. Until Willis makes big plays (game changing) on the big stage, we should never again bring up this topic. I see Willis as a difference maker, but in a very limited way.....Great cover guy and run stopper, but I need turnovers and I dont consider him a field general (ala Ray Lewis).

Game changing plays on the big stage? That hit on Pierre Thomas practically put us in the NFC Championship Game!

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
so much fail

What a stupid thread

If you're not prepared to have a serious discussion then maybe you should leave. This thread is for 49er fans.

How the hell can you possibly have a serious discussion with ANY Niner fan about this? Of COURSE HE'S NOT the greatest of all time
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Game changing plays on the big stage? That hit on Pierre Thomas practically put us in the NFC Championship Game!

Seriously. Look at what he has done. He's been allpro every year in the league, no other Niner in history has done that. He's a first ballot hall of famer. He carried a team with a broken down old RB and a terrible QB to within one terrible play from the Superbowl. And to top it all off he plays the most important position on the defense. He's obviously the best 49er defender of Alltime, but is it time to place him if not above the other Niner greats, at least in the same conversation?

Patrick Willis wasnt even the best LB on his team last year
This thread is going nowhere...

Share 49ersWebzone