There are 511 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
so you just ignore his completed passes right?...expected.

i dont think he completed a pass in the pocket
and? go tell that to Harbaugh...lol. see what he says to you.
Originally posted by toeshawn:
You once thought kevin riley could be a second round pick. It's the first preseason game

i think the point is its his 4th and its been 1 whole season

i did not see much improvement at all from last year

Dude it was 1 preseason game and you're already ready to say that he hasn't improved from last year?
Championship
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
You once thought kevin riley could be a second round pick. It's the first preseason game

Dude it was 1 preseason game and you're already ready to say that he hasn't improved from last year?

Granted it was just the first preseason game, but I must admit, I thought I was watching the Kaep from last year. Not much difference in his vision/decision making, accuracy or lack thereof, slow release, etc. Whereas Tolzien looked like he was where he belonged. It will be an injustice if he's waived or lost off the practice squad. The guy's a player, whereas Kaep still looks like he's learning. Counting the San Diego game, this is twice that Tolzien has outshined Kaep (as a QB, not a runner).

well what else am i supposed to do?

in the 1 game we have seen him so far in he has not made improvement since last year

i never said he cant improve i just said he didnt seem to improve
  • Apone
  • Veteran

I would agree with the dude. He really hasn't.

Widely reported his struggled in the off season. Thus why he is competing for the back up QB position.

Accuracy. Made some errand throws and actually should've of been interecepted.

You can't succeed in the NFL if you can't throw in the pocket.
Locks on to his receiver.

Still, awful mechanics.
  • Apone
  • Veteran

"Umm, Kap...yeah he looked great tonight. Probably the best legs I've seen in a QB.. A lot like Randell Cunningham....but probably throws better on the run. Heck of player. Looking forward to seeing his development."
Where were all you QB critics when Alex was stinking up the place for six years? Kap is only in year 2 and 1 TC.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
i believe it was MM or maybe Barrows said it best - At the moment Kaepernick is nothing more then "Long term insurance" in case Smith gets hurt or has his performance completely disappear.

Kaepernick has 2 years to prove himself or Baalke might just let him walk in FA but that it is a long way away and Kaepernick has the physical tools to make it happen but should he not become a prototypical pocket passer I wont be surprised.
Originally posted by Apone:

"Umm, Kap...yeah he looked great tonight. Probably the best legs I've seen in a QB.. A lot like Randell Cunningham....but probably throws better on the run. Heck of player. Looking forward to seeing his development."

This but I wanna use him as trade bait later. I'm on the Smith train for the long haul sparking up while I'm on it.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:
Where were all you QB critics when Alex was stinking up the place for six years? Kap is only in year 2 and 1 TC.

Majority of 49ers fans wanted Alex out. He still has plenty of critics and plenty of people who want him out.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

Granted it was just the first preseason game, but I must admit, I thought I was watching the Kaep from last year. Not much difference in his vision/decision making, accuracy or lack thereof, slow release, etc. Whereas Tolzien looked like he was where he belonged. It will be an injustice if he's waived or lost off the practice squad. The guy's a player, whereas Kaep still looks like he's learning. Counting the San Diego game, this is twice that Tolzien has outshined Kaep (as a QB, not a runner).

Tolzien out shined EVERY quarterback on the team. Both Smith and Kaep combined were only given a handful of attempts from the pocket, and I don't think either of them completed a single pass from the pocket.
Tolzien was given a ton of attempts to throw from the pocket, and he looks fantastic as usual (in the preseason).
Originally posted by Apone:

I would agree with the dude. He really hasn't.

Widely reported his struggled in the off season. Thus why he is competing for the back up QB position.

Accuracy. Made some errand throws and actually should've of been interecepted.

You can't succeed in the NFL if you can't throw in the pocket.
Locks on to his receiver.

Still, awful mechanics.

At least those awful mechanics were able to complete some passes down field. By "some" errant throws, you mean "one". Everything else was on the mark.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I still trip that we traded up for this guy.

Sounds like someone can't get over how poor he played against the Warriors. If you were from Boise, ya just might feel a little different
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

Tolzien out shined EVERY quarterback on the team. Both Smith and Kaep combined were only given a handful of attempts from the pocket, and I don't think either of them completed a single pass from the pocket.
Tolzien was given a ton of attempts to throw from the pocket, and he looks fantastic as usual (in the preseason).

Against a 3rd team defense.

/ thread