There are 220 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i didnt see him progress at all

we already knew he was fast and good when on run

he showed no improvement inn pocket

but out of the pocket he was great. He needs more practice in the pocket and that awareness will come.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I won't deny that either. I just want anyone other than Smith because he doesn't look nealry as good as Tolzien or Kaep. Kaep had more yards than #11. I just want someone other than the status quo because I don't think Smith is very good. I am entitled to that opinion but I still love the niners. No more disrespect if anyone felt any.

That's your reasoning? Seriously?
but out of the pocket he was great. He needs more practice in the pocket and that awareness will come.

he didnt make any improvement from last year though

we cant rollout every play

if we have him under center we will have broncos tebow offense

Agree. Tolzien reads defenses better and sees beyond his first read.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
I'm rooting for Kaep too. I am sick of watching #11. Kaep doesn't have to do much to eclipse his numbers and get some wins with this defense and special teams. Plus throwing to Moss downfield. I'd like to think he can do it. If not this year for SURE next.

seriously dude? you repeatedly keep posting this.

In the same manner in which you defend mediocrity at its finest. One can always hope, no?

i don't mind at all your love for Kaepernick. But you posted about him over smith 3 times in the other thread, and now posted it in this one. It seems your only agenda is to prance around and post about how boring Smith is, and how Kaepernick is the next best thing

Once again your SMITH tunnel vision misconstruing my disdain for poor QB play and wanting a better player to get the chance for a love for Kaep and a hate for Smith. You are the one with blinders on, not me. Smith looked pathetic in the first quarter but many say Smith looked great. Rose colored glasses if you ask me.

You honestly think Kaep is better than Smith right now? Have you not seen him play? He has horrible mechanics, just like Alex when he was young. Alex is lightyears ahead of Kaep at the moment. Heck, Kaep had an open WR in the second quarter and was late delivering the pass, about a second too late. That pass was almost intercepted.

Until Kaep makes a lot of progression, I'm sticking with #11.

OK, Smith is 8 years into this league. Give Kaep one full season and I think he will be better than Smith. Smith is not very accurate at all. Then the next throw to Jenkins was on the money a throw that Smith won't can't make. It isn't an apples to apples argument...at all.

One year? Kaepernick will turn the ball over at least 3x as much as Smith last season. Nonetheless, Kaep is a RUN FIRST QB. I, for one, do not want a Tebow Oriented offense. Kaep has some legs, that's for sure. But I don't want him behind center until he's thinking pass first and starts making better decisions.

That being said, Tolzien looks like a better QB then Kaep right now. He makes smart decisions, delivers the ball with accuracy, and gets the ball out fast. Tolzien is clearly the better QB right now. Kaepernick, however, is a more athletic QB.

I won't deny that either. I just want anyone other than Smith because he doesn't look nealry as good as Tolzien or Kaep. Kaep had more yards than #11. I just want someone other than the status quo because I don't think Smith is very good. I am entitled to that opinion but I still love the niners. No more disrespect if anyone felt any.

Hey, I'm open for an open-minded debate. We're both Niners fans afterall. I do believe Smith is the better QB at this point. He's better than anyone else we got. Kaep and Tolzien are both youngsters still, learning the ropes.

I don't believe Smith is our long term option. I'll think he'll be with us another 2-3 years honestly. I think Kaep has a lot of work to be done. Hopefully he can get it done. I'd love to see a smart, accurate QB with his dynamic legs.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Kaep sucks lulz
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Kaps twin brother

Awesome I tried pasting it on my facebook.....it won't work?

I hope you're enjoying yourself. I get a kick out of it too.

Originally posted by 16to87:
Originally posted by 49Perspectives:
I'm curious to know your thoughts on Kaepernick.

Personally, I'm high on him. He has all the intangibles...
6 foot 5, runs a 4.4 (very athletic), has a CANNON, and a big heart.
Teammates speak highly on his work ethic.

Also can't forget that he is clutch. He's proved so in college and even high school.
Only thing I can't stand is his throwing motion.

I want Smith as our QB for 1-3 more years, but then it's time to give this kid a shot.
Unless Alex gets those rings of course.
agree but Alex needs to get the ring this year or next max if not let Kap cut the ribbon to the new stadium

With that rational let's annoint Alex Smith League MVP 3-3 1 td wow! Championship
A lot of talk about how Kaep isn't very effective in the pocket, while Tolzien seems to be mentally ahead of Colin. Tolzien seems to be a Shaun Hill type, he will move the chains for us and keep defenses on their toes by having good pre-snap awareness.

Kaep still looks a bit lost when in the pocket, but his accuracy has improved beyond doubt. He wouldn't have completed the pass to Jenkins last year. That was money, and his arm strength and athleticism were on showcase.

That is why Harbaugh has made him our #2, of course for now at least. Kaepernick will leave a lot to be desired if he's forced into a starting role, but his athleticism is what gives him the edge over Tolzien. When we play real defenses during the regular season, Kaep will make plays with his feet and as such could be a nightmare for opposing DC's. Also, his cannon of an arm is a fact to be feared in itself. More likely a DC will drop a Safety back with him behind center vs Tolzien, which aids our running game. I like Tolzien a lot, but I feel like our offense is limited with him in similar fashion to Shaun Hill.

Having said all that, I want to see him make faster decisions in the next few games. Needs to be more decisive. A little improvement in this year and he will be a great backup.
[ Edited by BayAreaNinersFan on Aug 10, 2012 at 9:25 PM ]
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
A lot of talk about how Kaep isn't very effective in the pocket, while Tolzien seems to be mentally ahead of Colin. Tolzien seems to be a Shaun Hill type, he will move the chains for us and keep defenses on their toes by having good pre-snap awareness.

Kaep still looks a bit lost when in the pocket, but his accuracy has improved beyond doubt. He wouldn't have completed the pass to Jenkins last year. That was money, and his arm strength and athleticism were on showcase.

That is why Harbaugh has made him our #2, of course for now at least. Kaepernick will leave a lot to be desired if he's forced into a starting role, but his athleticism is what gives him the edge over Tolzien. When we play real defenses during the regular season, Kaep will make plays with his feet and as such could be a nightmare for opposing DC's. Also, his cannon of an arm is a fact to be feared in itself. More likely a DC will drop a Safety back with him behind center vs Tolzien, which aids our running game. I like Tolzien a lot, but I feel like our offense is limited with him in similar fashion to Shaun Hill.
it is not if they keep a mlb spy

he is fast but he is not elusive

if we put kaep we will be limited to option offense like broncos in 2011 or we have to roll out every play
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Aug 10, 2012 at 9:25 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I still trip that we traded up for this guy.
it is not if they keep a mlb spy

he is fast but he is not elusive

if we put kaep we will be limited to option offense like broncos in 2011 or we have to roll out every play

he has far more arm talent than Tebow, not a good comparison in my mind

I think we should reserve judgments about whether he can be a pocket passer until at least a few more preseason games, if for no other reason than Harbaugh seemingly having enough confidence in him to be our #2. Our coach knows Qb's, so lets roll with that for now
He reminds a lot of Vincent Young I think if he played our run game would be dangerous.