There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colin Kaepernick

• kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
doesn't sound like he'll ever get a shot with us. I don't see Alex falling apart and having an "eagles game" type season...Barring injury, I doubt any of the guys see the field except for creative offensive plays, or 90 yard hail mary's

I agree that so long as Alex stays healthy CK is very unlikely to get a shot. Unfortunately it's not uncommon for injuries to happen to QBs, so at the same time nothing will surprise me.

And although I have a TON of confidence in Alex this year, the NFL is a crazy league. Things can change dramatically from year to year. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all unfolds.
Originally posted by kush:
LOL I dont think anyone is questioning whether Alex is outplaying CK right now. Alex is a savvy QB and it'll take CK another coupe of years to catch up to Alex mentally. That being said, kaep is at his best when bullets are live, so if you're waiting for him to slip up, dont count on it. I think there's a better chance he gains more notoriety as real snaps are taken.

Great post!
I agree 100%
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erguy49:
As much as I'd like to smoke you, I gotta agree with this post. Kap has a natural killer instinct and thrives on pressure, he made that perfectly clear with his college career. He still has a few things to work on before I would consider him a legit NFL starter, but with all the tools in his toolbox, his development is going to take a little longer than most. I think all of us will have a better idea of Kap's development curve once pre-season rolls around. But we really won't know for sure until we see him under the lights with the pressure on.
with no red boxes and four posts, you can barely puff let alone smoke
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49erguy49:
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
When the bullets start flying, we'll see who out plays who. I'm sure it'll be quite different when Kaep is getting rushed.

LOL I dont think anyone is questioning whether Alex is outplaying CK right now. Alex is a savvy QB and it'll take CK another coupe of years to catch up to Alex mentally. That being said, kaep is at his best when bullets are live, so if you're waiting for him to slip up, dont count on it. I think there's a better chance he gains more notoriety as real snaps are taken.

As much as I'd like to smoke you, I gotta agree with this post. Kap has a natural killer instinct and thrives on pressure, he made that perfectly clear with his college career. He still has a few things to work on before I would consider him a legit NFL starter, but with all the tools in his toolbox, his development is going to take a little longer than most. I think all of us will have a better idea of Kap's development curve once pre-season rolls around. But we really won't know for sure until we see him under the lights with the pressure on.

Smoke you lol
susweet has had a tough day so am glad someone made him laugh
Rooting for Kaep this next game. Show us the footwork and the downfield read. Show us you can make good decisions on the field. The rest should come together later.
i dont feel comfortable with him starting yet

he is good on the run but in the pocket he still needs a lot of work
I'm rooting for Kaep too. I am sick of watching #11. Kaep doesn't have to do much to eclipse his numbers and get some wins with this defense and special teams. Plus throwing to Moss downfield. I'd like to think he can do it. If not this year for SURE next.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I'm rooting for Kaep too. I am sick of watching #11. Kaep doesn't have to do much to eclipse his numbers and get some wins with this defense and special teams. Plus throwing to Moss downfield. I'd like to think he can do it. If not this year for SURE next.

seriously dude? you repeatedly keep posting this.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

In the same manner in which you defend mediocrity at its finest. One can always hope, no?

In the same manner in which you defend mediocrity at its finest. One can always hope, no?

Street cred gone
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Street cred gone

Alex has a lot to prove this year. the team addressed any WR issues there may have been though I still think it was more the QB than the WR or the OL. If he doesn't play well I would like to see Kaep take over because I think has more talent, what is wrong with that?
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Aug 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM ]

i don't mind at all your love for Kaepernick. But you posted about him over smith 3 times in the other thread, and now posted it in this one. It seems your only agenda is to prance around and post about how boring Smith is, and how Kaepernick is the next best thing

i don't mind at all your love for Kaepernick. But you posted about him over smith 3 times in the other thread, and now posted it in this one. It seems your only agenda is to prance around and post about how boring Smith is, and how Kaepernick is the next best thing

Once again your SMITH tunnel vision misconstruing my disdain for poor QB play and wanting a better player to get the chance for a love for Kaep and a hate for Smith. You are the one with blinders on, not me. Smith looked pathetic in the first quarter but many say Smith looked great. Rose colored glasses if you ask me.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Aug 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM ]
i defeinitally feel more confident with tolzein in than kaep

yolzein looks good and comfortable in the pocket kaep does not

Once again your SMITH tunnel vision misconstruing my disdain for poor QB play and wanting a better player to get the chance for a love for Kaep and a hate for Smith. You are the one with blinders on, not me. Smith looked pathetic in the first quarter but many say Smith looked great. Rose colored glasses if you ask me.

f**k, you're right.