There are 224 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Breakout year for which 49er player?

Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
LMJ rookie of the year!

LMJ.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I think Alex Smith will get 25 TDs and 3 300 yard games.

Crabtree will get 1000 yards.

Moss will get 15 TD

Hunter/James will go over 1000 yards

Aldon Smith gets 16 sacks.

Hopefully this!!!
Crabs
ASmith
Culliver maybe at Safety?
Kilgore
A guy that really improved last year, but didn't get much props was A. Davis. If Boone starts at RG, it has to be him.
Alex smith and crabs
Originally posted by Mann716:
VD cause I think we'll see less a$$ crack

We're speaking of "break-out" players now... We may see more....not that I want that mind you...
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by Mann716:
VD cause I think we'll see less a$$ crack

We're speaking of "break-out" players now... We may see more....not that I want that mind you...

More crack than East Oakland
I would put my money on crabtree. Vernon is great. Alex isn't likely to get dramatically better. Moss will take coverages and Crabtree will benefit from a full offseason, rapport with Smith, easier coverages etc.
Alex Smith. He will be a pro-bowler this year. The biggest thing holding him back was his mechanics... they caused the high passes that lead to all those tipped interceptions last year. Coming out of college, his accuracy was exceptional. It has suffered since his injuries due to poor mechanics.

A stiff front leg is one of the worst possible mechanical problems you can have as a QB. The improvement in his mechanics will improve his accuracy and velocity. He will be effective on sideline deep routes, he will be more consistent throwing underneath. Combine his smart play from last year with improved arm strength and accuracy, and he'll be a top 10 NFL Quarterback.

Now, this all is dependent on those new mechanics taking. Chances are good, since he had great mechanics before the injuries, but there's a possibility he wont adjust. It'd doubtful he'll regress, but it's possible he wont. I think he will, though. Seeing him throw in some of the videos... it's night and day.

I do not have a lot of faith that Crabtree will develop. I think he'll be pushed down the depth chart by Jenkins and, eventually, Kyle Williams (who I believe has the greatest potential among the WRs on the roster right now). Crabtree is slow out of breaks and has a difficult time creating separation. He's a very good route runner, so there's really no way to improve this through coaching. He's simply too physically limited, and he has "good" size, not elite, so he can't make up for his shortcomings that way. Crabtree is a backup-level talent, and I don't see that changing. I definitely could be wrong here, and I hope I am, but the way he disappears in big games makes me nervous too. His huge games always seem to be against bad teams.
[ Edited by adembroski on Jun 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM ]
Alex Smith will be the real Alex Smith. We never gave him 2 years in the same system under a legitmate coach. Now he has it and will respond. I agree with the above poster that Crabtree disappears in big games. That's very troubling. He was a zero in the playoffs. He has big games vs. the likes of Arizona. Playoffs is Zero time for Crabtree.
David Akers
Alex Smith, Crabtree and Boone all together as their success is interdependent.
The entire 49ers team will have a breakout year and win the SB. Book it.
FB Bruce Miller!!! The 2nd coming of Rathman!!! GO NINERS!!!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Alex Smith, Crabtree and Boone all together as their success is interdependent.
This is what I think will happen or should I say hope will happen. Either way this would make for an exciting year.
Moss 1255 Yd 11 TD
Crab 1022 Yd 8 TD
VD 1151 Yd 13 TD
Mario 882 Yd 6 TD
Jenkins 637 YD 3 TD
Alex 5717 Yd 47 TD 7 INT
LMJ rushing 613 YD 3 TD receiving 421 YD 5 TD
Gore 1003 YD 8 TD
Hunter 394 YD 2
B. Jacobs 550 YD 10 TD
Aldon Smith 21 Sacks
PW does the usual