LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

NFC West preview show tonight

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Bruschi's primary reason for picking the Seahawks is Matt Flynn. He thinks that a QB will put this team over the top.

Two problems with that............he may not win the job in Carroll's three way competition and who the hell is going to throw to at WR?

the other teams's QB was the reason we were supposed to lose so many games last year too..................................................
Originally posted by prometheus:
I remember Will Tukuafu when he first started out with the niners. He looked like a large linebacker. Not especially physically imposing by nfl standards. He now looks more like Sopoaga than Sopoaga. going from 263 to around 300 and not looking remotely fat. He could scare anyone. If the rest of the young reserves have
done as much this team has enough brute power to intimidate teams. For all the vaunted saints bountiies, IMO the niners did and will do the thumping. I think many teams will dread playing this team as much for the beating as the losses.
Say it again Bro.

I think our 49ers are going to really just be bigger and tougher at the point of attach at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball. And our supporting players coming off the bench, e.g Tukuafu, is just gonna be tougher than most.
I remember Will Tukuafu when he first started out with the niners. He looked like a large linebacker. Not especially physically imposing by nfl standards. He now looks more like Sopoaga than Sopoaga. going from 263 to around 300 and not looking remotely fat. He could scare anyone. If the rest of the young reserves have
done as much this team has enough brute power to intimidate teams. For all the vaunted saints bountiies, IMO the niners did and will do the thumping. I think many teams will dread playing this team as much for the beating as the losses.

You are right, and it was already happening last year! How many starting RBs were actually able to finish the game against this D, and how many of those were effective in the 4th? A lot of teams lost the week after playing the 49ers too, I suspect the physical punishment of this defense had a lot to do with that.
I watched it the other night...and I thought a lot of the undertone when they spoke about the Niners was that it they got lucky...the ball bounced their way...it would be hard to duplicate the same success...mentioned the Ronnie Brown fumble..and the 2 Ginn td's in week one as fluke plays that went the Niners way...
Originally posted by Hitman49:
I watched it the other night...and I thought a lot of the undertone when they spoke about the Niners was that it they got lucky...the ball bounced their way...it would be hard to duplicate the same success...mentioned the Ronnie Brown fumble..and the 2 Ginn td's in week one as fluke plays that went the Niners way...

u just don't win 14 games off a lockout eliminating a real offseason with a fully brand new college coaching staff and an unsettled qb situation by luck. u do it with sound drafting, free agency, coaching, and a lot of talent already residing on the roster. bottom line, this team had a lot of talent and great coaching and the GM of the year. they won 14 games and could have won the super bowl not by luck but by having it better than everyone else
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Say it again Bro.

I think our 49ers are going to really just be bigger and tougher at the point of attach at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball. And our supporting players coming off the bench, e.g Tukuafu, is just gonna be tougher than most.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Hitman49:

u just don't win 14 games off a lockout eliminating a real offseason with a fully brand new college coaching staff and an unsettled qb situation by luck. u do it with sound drafting, free agency, coaching, and a lot of talent already residing on the roster. bottom line, this team had a lot of talent and great coaching and the GM of the year. they won 14 games and could have won the super bowl not by luck but by having it better than everyone else

We got a lot luck by having literally no major injuries. Biggest one was Morgan. If we had him we might of had a better shot at SB then, we had horrid WR play all year long. But we did have a bit of luck, but also got better as the year went on. The defense was the main reason why we went 13-3 in reg season.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
We got a lot luck by having literally no major injuries. Biggest one was Morgan. If we had him we might of had a better shot at SB then, we had horrid WR play all year long. But we did have a bit of luck, but also got better as the year went on. The defense was the main reason why we went 13-3 in reg season.

all our injuries were in 1 position: WR
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

all our injuries were in 1 position: WR

Indeed. Crabs, Braylon and Morgan. Then we were stuck with the likes of Brett Swain and Joe Hastings,
Share 49ersWebzone