LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

THANK YOU BASED GOD(Andy Lee extension, get on the loveboat)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
BTW, GREAT f**kING NEWS!!!!!!!!!
andy lee is a f*ckin soldier!!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I would trade him. His primary attribute is speed. I don't think MLB's are very hard to find.

WOW

Do you find it realistic that we will keep every defensive player for the next 5 years? Some players will require movement and MLB can be very easily replaced. I'm not saying Bowman specifically, but we will eventually need to make critical personnel decisions like this in order to stay under the cap and focus on higher priority positions. Willis, Aldon, and Brooks are not going anywhere. We can't keep all 4 all the time no different than being able to keep all 5 OL. One of the 4 will be traded or not resigned and Bowman has the most amount of replaceable qualities.
Is the few yards more he might get per punt than the average punter worth more than the few million dollars more per year he makes than the average punter? That's the question...
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by andes14:
Is the few yards more he might get per punt than the average punter worth more than the few million dollars more per year he makes than the average punter? That's the question...

Dude. He pins teams back near the goal line.

No but Andy Lee is clutch. When we need a 60 yard punt, he comes through. The averages don't mean as much as the situation punting.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Dude. He pins teams back near the goal line.

i don't think i've ever seen a punter as good as he is at sticking punts inside the five/ten. that's some of kind spin he puts on that ball.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Tybg
Originally posted by saniner:
I had no idea this existed...

1:08 what a throw! lol

it just seems like Andy has master his position, mastered his craft. For him to be so consistent is amazing. For a skinny dude he, his leg is strong as sh1t!

Did anyone else notice Dashon in all those clips? He is a damn good pass/punt protector haha. If we ever needed someone in the backfield to pickup a blitz and help block I'd call him up.

ALL DAY! Do you not realize how hard it is to be able to flip field position from anywhere on the field. Lee can do that, and that alone is worth what he's being paid. There are only a small handful of people in the world that can do that. Add in his nack for pinning an offense inside the 10 and now we're getting a steal at 4 mil.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
it just seems like Andy has master his position, mastered his craft. For him to be so consistent is amazing. For a skinny dude he, his leg is strong as sh1t!

Did anyone else notice Dashon in all those clips? He is a damn good pass/punt protector haha. If we ever needed someone in the backfield to pickup a blitz and help block I'd call him up.

are u serious? he's the reason that punt got blocked when we played seattle.
Andy Lee made punting the ball last year in some cases a good thing. Andy can put a punt inside the 10. Up the punt returner's a** before he cough up a turn over to our defense.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 23, 2012 at 11:23 AM ]
Congrats to Andy... hands down the most consistent all pro we have, and the cat who single handedly (foot-ed-ly?) had the most positive impact on our field position last year
You pay your All-Pro punter who's proven time and time again to be a true weapon that garners good field position for the defense and helps them win games.
In a game of field position he is worth $4M
Share 49ersWebzone