Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OTA thread

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/05/49ers-ota-notes-absences-give-clues-to-depth-chart.html

sounds good for both

although i have no idea what swain is doing with first team our offense looks good especially with VD and crabtree and mario out

seemed like 1st team D stopped kaep passing the ball but apparently had a nice 20 yard scramble

encouraging to hear KW had a great day and is looking great i think next year after moss goes he will have a good year

I thought Owusu was going to challenge Kyle for a roster spot but it's looking like KW may break out this year. I know everyone hates him because he went full retard in the NFCCG but he has a ton of talent with his athleticism. According to Barrows he looks even quicker this year and Alex was throwing to him a lot. I think he might have a pretty good year, and he has the talent to potentially be a Steve Smith type of player. He's small but he has a lot of strength and athleticism.

its still early son, Owusu dont even know the playbook yet.

I dont give a f**k how good he looks, I dont want that son on b***h on the niners.

I do if he can take a slant 90 yards and score a TD or if he can make 50 yard catches. The past is the past.

He can't even run a simple reverse without fumbling, I don't see him making 50-yard catches

Yah man they acting like he's jerry rice of WRs.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
http://www.tout.com/m/imjdxc

alex to moss

typical under thrown pass by Alex that moss had to wait for.
he still caught it in stride no chance defender could make play and was not a jump ball

so no it wasnt underthrown

he clearly had to slow down for the ball it was not caught in stride. go back and watch the film

I agree with sus, it looks like Moss has to pump the brakes a little.

That one was a little late. But it's practice. At least he didn't overthrown it. He's still not used to having that much speed on the outside

BTW that's a smart DB. No contact OTA. If he would have touched Randy Moss, he would have been cut the next play.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 29, 2012 at 6:27 PM ]
Originally posted by kush:
Guys it was Dontae Purvis covering Randy so that's as close to a real game situation as it gets.

The great Dontea Purvis ?

I'm suprised they would risk practicing a player of Dontea caliber.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by kush:
Guys it was Dontae Purvis covering Randy so that's as close to a real game situation as it gets.

The great Dontea Purvis ?

I'm suprised they would risk practicing a player of Dontea caliber.

You can't mess with the Purvis of this world.
In non-Alex Smith news, several 49ers were back at practice today, including Anthony Davis, Michael Crabtree and Donte Whitner.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/05/smith-in-lockstep-with-head-coach-on-manning-saga.html#storylink=cpy

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/05/49ers-ota-notes-absences-give-clues-to-depth-chart.html

sounds good for both

although i have no idea what swain is doing with first team our offense looks good especially with VD and crabtree and mario out

seemed like 1st team D stopped kaep passing the ball but apparently had a nice 20 yard scramble

encouraging to hear KW had a great day and is looking great i think next year after moss goes he will have a good year

I thought Owusu was going to challenge Kyle for a roster spot but it's looking like KW may break out this year. I know everyone hates him because he went full retard in the NFCCG but he has a ton of talent with his athleticism. According to Barrows he looks even quicker this year and Alex was throwing to him a lot. I think he might have a pretty good year, and he has the talent to potentially be a Steve Smith type of player. He's small but he has a lot of strength and athleticism.

I dont give a f**k how good he looks, I dont want that son on b***h on the niners.

I do if he can take a slant 90 yards and score a TD or if he can make 50 yard catches. The past is the past.

He can't even run a simple reverse without fumbling, I don't see him making 50-yard catches

Trivia question, if a reverse makes you a good receiver... How many 50 yard catches did Ginn have last year and how many did KW have? Last year is over, time to move on... He's from San Jose, he wants to atone for his mistakes, it's time to stfu and go with it. The only way y'all can still be butthurt over this is if you spent all winter and summer in prison.
Originally posted by 5280High:

sounds good for both

Trivia question, if a reverse makes you a good receiver... How many 50 yard catches did Ginn have last year and how many did KW have? Last year is over, time to move on... He's from San Jose, he wants to atone for his mistakes, it's time to stfu and go with it. The only way y'all can still be butthurt over this is if you spent all winter and summer in prison.

Holding onto the ball is what makes you a good WR and he's proven to be a liability. Who the hell cares if he's from San Jose?
Ginn is getting a bad rap. He did made some very good catches for Smith last year with a few boneheaded drop that was more memorable. But he did made some good ones too. Some of them in critical situations. With his current injury he will be behind in the chemistry sense with Smith. I wish him luck. He can be a good receiver for the team. Just not a mainstay type.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Ginn is getting a bad rap. He did made some very good catches for Smith last year with a few boneheaded drop that was more memorable. But he did made some good ones too. Some of them in critical situations. With his current injury he will be behind in the chemistry sense with Smith. I wish him luck. He can be a good receiver for the team. Just not a mainstay type.

Keep him to return kicks and be the 5th WR

Sounds good to me!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Sounds good to me!

Crabs, Moss, Mario, Jenkins

which mean somebody has to go bye-bye

Sounds good to me!

Uh-oh! Seems a bit crowded but maybe they keep an extra! Then we can think about Owusu.

Sounds good to me!

Uh-oh! Seems a bit crowded but maybe they keep an extra! Then we can think about Owusu.

Is it just me -- Frank is chubby.
Holding onto the ball is what makes you a good WR and he's proven to be a liability. Who the hell cares if he's from San Jose?

And as a receiver he has held onto the ball, just not as a RB or PR , people are gonna be in for a sad day when he makes the roster again. Let last year be last year, fact is he can help the team this year and thats the only point im trying to make. Fumbleitis can be cured, hell remember Gore dropping the ball whenever he got inside the 10 yard line for the first 3 years of his career? He has shown skills as a WR, if during preseason he continues to F up then yeah boot him. But as of now he's one of the better receivers on the roster.