LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

Terrell Owens wants to return to San Francisco 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Afrikan...you're on your own on this one.

i usually am when it comes to things that involve free thinking and research.....its easy to brush off what some remember about t.o. when he was here. but at that time he was only complaining about issues we were complaining our selfves on these forums as well as what was brought up on radio call ins. we did not have killer instinct....mooch coached in a way that allowed teams to stick around. you are obviously struggling as an offense and you are in a 3rd and short situation....you have a elite wr one on one with the cb..yet we choose to run up the gut wth te other team stacking the box.......this is when t.o. snapped on greg knapp [who everyone also hated as a oc during that time because of the playcalling]......was it right maybe not, but even the goat snapped on the sidelines before...heck even steve young....these are elite competitors, they are emotionally attached like to other.......but since t.o. did it he is a cancer. besides that blow up and calling out mooch for not putting teams away, what else do you remember that was soooooo bad that any of you can have such a distain for owens. i'm talking about when he was with us. afterwords, yes i agree with one issue that t.o. should have stfu on had a no comment and that was when a reporter asked him about jeff's sexuall orientation.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
i usually am when it comes to things that involve free thinking and research.....its easy to brush off what some remember about t.o. when he was here. but at that time he was only complaining about issues we were complaining our selfves on these forums as well as what was brought up on radio call ins. we did not have killer instinct....mooch coached in a way that allowed teams to stick around. you are obviously struggling as an offense and you are in a 3rd and short situation....you have a elite wr one on one with the cb..yet we choose to run up the gut wth te other team stacking the box.......this is when t.o. snapped on greg knapp [who everyone also hated as a oc during that time because of the playcalling]......was it right maybe not, but even the goat snapped on the sidelines before...heck even steve young....these are elite competitors, they are emotionally attached like to other.......but since t.o. did it he is a cancer. besides that blow up and calling out mooch for not putting teams away, what else do you remember that was soooooo bad that any of you can have such a distain for owens. i'm talking about when he was with us. afterwords, yes i agree with one issue that t.o. should have stfu on had a no comment and that was when a reporter asked him about jeff's sexuall orientation.

Well the biggest thing is flat out we don't need him.

We are stacked at the WR position right now. TO is old as hell at 38 and we have no idea if he could even start in this league let alone excel or be productive. Now all of that and on top of it he has been known to disrupt locker rooms? I don't care how few you say those incidents were the fact that they happened at all is just enough to prove he doesn't fit in with this team.

If he wanted to play here he shouldn't have turned his back on this team no matter what the coach was doing. That was BS and we are supposed to welcome him back with open arms when he shows up now that the 49ers are good again?

Hell no you can't ditch us when we needed you the most then come crawling back when we find success and don't need you at all.
[ Edited by BayArea on May 26, 2012 at 5:26 PM ]
if you follow my posts on this page or the previous one...it had nothing to do about us signing him or needing him....the op linked to an article that bashed t.o. and misconstrued the inteview t.o. did on the radio.....i just linked to what t.o. really said in the previous page....t.o. is not begging to be brought back. also i think you should look back about how those final years unfolded regarding t.o. "ditching us". we tried to trade him to the ravens.
[ Edited by Afrikan on May 26, 2012 at 5:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
if you follow my posts on this page or the previous one...it had nothing to do about us signing him or needing him....the op linked to an article that bashed t.o. and misconstrued the inteview t.o. did on the radio.....i just linked to what t.o. really said in the previous page....t.o. is not begging to be brought back. also i think you should look back about how those final years unfolded regarding t.o. "ditching us". we tried to trade him to the ravens.

oops sorry I apologize for that I should have read through it.

It wasn't like they just up and tried to trade him. They knew he already wanted to leave and was trying to get out from under the 49ers so he could go somewhere else. They were just trying a desperate move to get some kind of value out of him before he could worm out of the contract.

So he did ditch them and made a mess of the situation as he did it.
[ Edited by BayArea on May 26, 2012 at 5:44 PM ]
T.O. hasnt changed his ways, despite how some think he has learned his lessons:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7984924/terrell-owens-cut-indoor-football-team-loses-ownership-share
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
T.O. hasnt changed his ways, despite how some think he has learned his lessons:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7984924/terrell-owens-cut-indoor-football-team-loses-ownership-share

Yeah, I hope this puts a final nail in the "BRING BACK T.O." coffin. What a tremendous waste. I predicted he'd never win a ring when he torched the 49ers and sent us into a near decade of futility. Payback is a -- well -- you know. And payback has just been delivered.

Given T.O.'s unpredictable personal nature, I wouldn't be all that shocked and surprised if I read about a T.O. suicide.

Not that I would ever support such a thing. The guy needs so much professional help and support it's just not funny. But he's refused to help himself. There's only so much sorrow I can feel for the guy. The well is fairly empty.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Yeah, I hope this puts a final nail in the "BRING BACK T.O." coffin. What a tremendous waste. I predicted he'd never win a ring when he torched the 49ers and sent us into a near decade of futility. Payback is a -- well -- you know. And payback has just been delivered.

Given T.O.'s unpredictable personal nature, I wouldn't be all that shocked and surprised if I read about a T.O. suicide.

Not that I would ever support such a thing. The guy needs so much professional help and support it's just not funny. But he's refused to help himself. There's only so much sorrow I can feel for the guy. The well is fairly empty.
Owens torched the 49ers? I didn't realize he was in control of the salary cap issues, or the head coaching hires.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
he gets cut from an arena league. good god. if this does not send a message to him and to some of the niner fans he is done, what the hell will. i will assume though that somewhere in his world he and others are spinning it to make it sound like its not his fault.moss vs owens?? There can not be any doubt now. billbird is spot on. this should stop the owens blather for any nfl team, even the raiders
I thought his deal with the arena team was to play in home games only. They released him because he won't play in some important road games? I suspect a lawsuit filed by Owens will soon follow.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Owens torched the 49ers? I didn't realize he was in control of the salary cap issues, or the head coaching hires.

Theres no point in arguing. People are so Anti-TO, that they distort the facts of what actually happened. TO "torching the 49ers and sent us into a near decade of futility" is a laughable claim with very little (if any) basis for that opinion. People remember what they want to remember.

I for one, choose to remember TO as one of the most explosive and productive 49ers to ever put on the uniform. Yes he is a diva. But what great player isnt?

fool just got cutt.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Theres no point in arguing. People are so Anti-TO, that they distort the facts of what actually happened. TO "torching the 49ers and sent us into a near decade of futility" is a laughable claim with very little (if any) basis for that opinion. People remember what they want to remember.

I for one, choose to remember TO as one of the most explosive and productive 49ers to ever put on the uniform. Yes he is a diva. But what great player isnt?

Yuuuup i loved TO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-nxdzgQH8U&feature=related Sh*TTIN on the dallas cowboys star!!!!
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Yuuuup i loved TO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-nxdzgQH8U&feature=related Sh*TTIN on the dallas cowboys star!!!!

LMAO! Oh man, loved the competitiveness but that MOMENT, you knew it was never about team. The last home game for Rice, the torch was passed off to TO with a record setting day. And sadly, "class" and "tradition" were lost that day. Did he carry on the 49er way? Make us fans/alumni proud? That's all you need to ask...
Originally posted by BayArea:

We are stacked at the WR position right now. TO is old as hell at 38 and we have no idea if he could even start in this league let alone excel or be productive. Now all of that and on top of it he has been known to disrupt locker rooms? I don't care how few you say those incidents were the fact that they happened at all is just enough to prove he doesn't fit in with this team.

If he wanted to play here he shouldn't have turned his back on this team no matter what the coach was doing. That was BS and we are supposed to welcome him back with open arms when he shows up now that the 49ers are good again?

Hell no you can't ditch us when we needed you the most then come crawling back when we find success and don't need you at all.

stopped reading right there
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by BayArea:

stopped reading right there

i think its peoples opinions.. if randy moss is the moss of old, and if crabtree stops being a diva, and if Manningham is the player he can be then we are stacked at WR with Vernon davis and AJ Jenkins.. But thats alot of "if's". is it possible? definitly! im counting on it actually and am expecting them all to be the top notch player they are expected to be
Share 49ersWebzone