There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Terrell Owens wants to return to San Francisco 49ers

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
id suck him dry

You forgot to call no homos tho.
All of you guys slamming this guys character like you have the right to judge anyone should be ashamed. He's admitted he's made mistakes, he obviously is not the most mentally stable person in the world, and to top it all off he hasn't done anything tabloid worthy in YEARS. Whether or not you feel he is a good fit for this team you should at least have some respect for the man, or football history if nothing else. He is one of the most dominant football players ever and he spent more time in a 49ers uniform than any other. Those of you who like to kick a man while he's down are putting your own bad karma out there.

With that being said, I don't think the 49ers are a realistic landing spot for him, but we have all been very wrong before.
[ Edited by DirtyP on May 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM ]
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
So NFL teams are staying away from him because the Media took things out of proportion?

How old are you by the way?

Terrell Owens is not an angel. I never said he was, nor am I saying that NFL teams are shying away from him strictly because the media loves to make stories out of TO. I am however saying that the media is partly or as responsible for TO's image as he is himself. They have painted this horrible image of him. Does he say things that he probably shouldnt? Of course. But he doesnt drive drunk. He doesnt rape people. He doesnt murder people. He doesnt get arrested. He simply makes a few comments and has some outrageous touchdown celebrations. Yet if you didnt know any better, the amount of time ESPN spends on him, you would think he was a terrible person or a criminal. Not a hard working, fun loving player who may say some stupid things from time to time.

Terrell Owens is an attention whore, no question. But he is a great player with a spectacular track record of success. The fact that the media follows him around and creates a circus is not entirely his fault. Some teams just dont want that circus following their team. I dont blame those teams.

And why is it important how old I am? I will tell you if you explain why you want to know (granted, my screen name should give you at least a hint.)
The reason i ask is that you should know what we all hear from his mouth and seen what he did live on TV through out the years..Even his behavior off the field of not getting in trouble by the law , like Chris Rock said before "that's what you are suppose to do" couldn't bail him out with his antics....

even Chad Ocho knew there was a line he shouldnt cross and thats why he is still in the league.

The bolded is the problem. A lot of what "we hear from his mouth" we actually didnt hear from his mouth. The media says something, and people take it as absolute truth (see "dispute" with Tony Romo and Jason Witten). So we saw him run to the star and pull a sharpie out of his sock. Is that really that big of a deal?

As far as your Chris Rock rebuttal goes, I think you are missing the point slightly. I am not glorifying TO for not getting arrested or in trouble with the law. I understand you are supposed not get arrested. I was merely stating that with the amount of negative press the media gives TO, you would assume he IS getting arrested or in trouble with the law. The fact that TO gets more negative press than Ben Roethlisberger, Ray Lewis or Dante Stallworth is an absolute joke.

he was on TV saying this...he loved being in front of the camera
[ Edited by NinerGold39 on May 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:
All of you guys slamming this guys character like you have the right to judge anyone should be ashamed.

Those of you who like to kick a man while he's down are putting your own bad karma out there.

Too many bridges has been burnt......we can sign him for one day so he can retire as a 9er otherwise forget about it....
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
id suck him dry

lol at this thread reaching 12 pages... lemme guess, the majority here would "love to have him back"??
not with moss on the team. I would like to see him signed by someone though. I hate that he's completely bankrupt and not doing well...

I know he's said some stupid things, but dude was a baller for us, and worked his tail off..
I want to have sex with every model depicted in the Victoria's Secret catalogue. Doesn't mean it's ever going to happen.
Yup and i want to be Qb for the 49ers and drive a golden cadillac with mud flaps and a whip antenna. But neither is going to happen, and T.O. and his antics aren't coming here. Why ruin a perfectly good team?
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 22, 2012 at 3:18 PM ]
And I want tickets on the 50 yd line at the new stadium, too...NOT! T.O.'s ship has sailed...he just has to wake up and realize it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Oh how so, I think you forget that it was Donahue who purged this franchise of its key veterans. Donahue was the one that executed a ridiculous trade with Owens and Philly. If anything all TO wanted was a long term contract.
Please tell me what possible reason could owens have for saying garcia is gay? What was that all about? We had a nice team with nice chemistry and then owens became T.O. gee owens has a funny way of showing he wants a long term deal, he calls his quarterback gay, for no reason, he challenges the authority of the head coach, he drops passes but takes no responsibility for it.with that stupid comment about garcia he destroyed a locker room, he then went to philly and did the same thing. I feel bad for you as you are either unable or uniwlling to see owens as a team wrecker
How did this subject go this long? It won't happen. Let it go.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Oh how so, I think you forget that it was Donahue who purged this franchise of its key veterans. Donahue was the one that executed a ridiculous trade with Owens and Philly. If anything all TO wanted was a long term contract.
Please tell me what possible reason could owens have for saying garcia is gay? What was that all about? We had a nice team with nice chemistry and then owens became T.O. gee owens has a funny way of showing he wants a long term deal, he calls his quarterback gay, for no reason, he challenges the authority of the head coach, he drops passes but takes no responsibility for it.with that stupid comment about garcia he destroyed a locker room, he then went to philly and did the same thing. I feel bad for you as you are either unable or uniwlling to see owens as a team wrecker

Bold - Because a reporter asked him if he thought he was. Its not like he just called him gay out of the blue.

Not Bold - Everything you just said is completely, 100% made up. Totally false. The "stupid comment about Garcia that destroyed a locker room" was made five months after he was traded to the Eagles.

But you know whats funny bro? I dont blame you. You arent the only one who thinks this. You and others have such a biased/negative opinion of Terrell Owens that you start believing what you want to beleive.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
How did this subject go this long? It won't happen. Let it go.

Its because it turned into arguing about TO's past and character rather than if we should sign him or not.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on May 23, 2012 at 9:08 PM ]