There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Kyle bounce back?

Will Kyle bounce back?

  • DJD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,806
No way he makes the roster with all the new faces in town... only 53 slots...
He will be the 5th or 6th WR likely 6th with no special teams value.... he will probably be waved before the season starts. If Owosu outplays him a bigger faster WR who knows the system.... hes been a good backup but failed the team when we needed him... great players make great plays in big moments... williams cost us a SB.. his 1st fumble cost us the lead.. his 2nd cost us the game.

he was last years Jose Cortez... i only wish Larry Allen was still around to choke him after the game...j/k
Yes. He's got a lot of talent and could be a Wes Welker type of impact. He was drafted by our current admin so I don't think they would give up on him so easily.

However, he has already stained the past.
He'll bounce back.
We are keeping 6 receivers, and he will be one. Owusu will not make the roster this year, he will be put on the PS.. besides we already have a 4.3 guy who cant catch in Ginn. The only player currently practicing that could knock him off the roster would be Nathan Palmer.

Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, and Ginn will make the 53. Owusu and Napalm on the PS and Napalm gets picked up by another team.
Originally posted by 5280High:
He'll bounce back. Ginn has no value as a WR, Crabtree cant beat press coverage, Jenkins will have a learning curve, and Manningham needs to prove hes better than a #3.

Like it or not, Williams has the best hands on the team now behind Moss, and is probably the #2 best blocker. The niners are going to be forced to keep 6 receivers because Ginn isnt a receiver, Moss is getting older, Crabtree's history with his foot, and the remaining receivers are not what you consider "big and durable." Too risky not to go with 6.

Even if Nathan Palmer makes the roster, my guess would be that its not at Williams expense.

You're kidding yourself if you're saying he has better hands than Crabtree. There is a lot more to being a WR than hands; which explains alot of Crabtree's downfalls in his production, but pure hands discussion he's probably the best on the team


Kyle Williams is looking @ that axe IMO. Too many new bodies, New bodies who can probably actually play ST too. ST is the way on a roster if you're not high on the depth chart.
[ Edited by 1swift on May 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
He'll bounce back. Ginn has no value as a WR, Crabtree cant beat press coverage, Jenkins will have a learning curve, and Manningham needs to prove hes better than a #3.

Like it or not, Williams has the best hands on the team now behind Moss, and is probably the #2 best blocker. The niners are going to be forced to keep 6 receivers because Ginn isnt a receiver, Moss is getting older, Crabtree's history with his foot, and the remaining receivers are not what you consider "big and durable." Too risky not to go with 6.

Even if Nathan Palmer makes the roster, my guess would be that its not at Williams expense.

Lol

First of all Ginn does have value as a wr, he had serval first downs & big gains off reverse's during the regular season, not to mention he never fumbled a reverse pitch like your boy Williams did in the championship game. He had a decent showing against the rams 4 catches for 56 yds during one of his 3 starts, his speed & playmaking ability clearly make him valuable as a reciever. Yes his hands are below average but his football IQ is high & I like his experience. Williams has the brain of a goldfish & is cursed on top of it.

Jenkins will be affective this season, running crossing routes & beating man coverage off of play action has no learning curve. Manningham is without question worthy of a #2 wr spot, he caught a td pass 3 straight games in the playoffs & had 5 catches for 73 yds in the Super Bowl. Both times he faced the 49ers he found a way to score & one of those scores sent us home. My point is he has absolutely nothing to prove. Williams is a goner, especially if Owusu stays healthy but even if he doesn't Williams is nothing special & can easily be replaced.
Originally posted by 5280High:
He'll bounce back. Ginn has no value as a WR, Crabtree cant beat press coverage, Jenkins will have a learning curve, and Manningham needs to prove hes better than a #3.

Like it or not, Williams has the best hands on the team now behind Moss, and is probably the #2 best blocker. The niners are going to be forced to keep 6 receivers because Ginn isnt a receiver, Moss is getting older, Crabtree's history with his foot, and the remaining receivers are not what you consider "big and durable." Too risky not to go with 6.

Even if Nathan Palmer makes the roster, my guess would be that its not at Williams expense.

Completely agree
Originally posted by DJD:
No way he makes the roster with all the new faces in town... only 53 slots...

Your so blinded by hate you acctually belive this. I wish knew you, I'd bet my bank on it.
@1swift, Crabtree had amazing hands in college but in the NFL they have been extremely inconsistent. With all the passes he has dropped it's hard to argue they are more than just slightly above average at the NFL level.

@GM, Williams aint ma boi... and Williams is a better receiver than Ginn any day of the week. Much like Ginn is a better returner than Williams any day of the week. In terms of blocking, catching, and route running advantage KW, Speed and Returning ability advantage Ginn. What teams made Ginn a reasonable offer when he publicly stated he wanted to be used more as a receiver?... crickets. The Rams have seen him twice a year and could of easily cherry picked him of our squad.

Look at these guys objectively, we will keep 6 receivers and there is no rookie outside of Jenkins that has an advantage on Williams. Think Harbaugh doesnt have a raging Harb-on over giving KW another chance for this team? He is the king of comeback, of course he wants to put KW out there and have him light it up. Harbaugh has a bit to atone for as well from the Giants game in case fans forget.
The only thing that's going to bounce back is the ball when he fumbles it again
he got to play because of injury last year....the way the depth chart is now I cant see him getting on the field
Harbaugh
Originally posted by 5280High:
@1swift, Crabtree had amazing hands in college but in the NFL they have been extremely inconsistent. With all the passes he has dropped it's hard to argue they are more than just slightly above average at the NFL level.

@GM, Williams aint ma boi... and Williams is a better receiver than Ginn any day of the week. Much like Ginn is a better returner than Williams any day of the week. In terms of blocking, catching, and route running advantage KW, Speed and Returning ability advantage Ginn. What teams made Ginn a reasonable offer when he publicly stated he wanted to be used more as a receiver?... crickets. The Rams have seen him twice a year and could of easily cherry picked him of our squad.

Look at these guys objectively, we will keep 6 receivers and there is no rookie outside of Jenkins that has an advantage on Williams. Think Harbaugh doesnt have a raging Harb-on over giving KW another chance for this team? He is the king of comeback, of course he wants to put KW out there and have him light it up. Harbaugh has a bit to atone for as well from the Giants game in case fans forget.

Harbaugh says Crabtree has the best hands he's ever seen

We were very fortunate no one coughed up a little extra $$$ for Ginn, if Alex Smith could throw the deep ball better Ginn would shine a lot more. Remember the bomb vs the ravens that was called back?? Ginn is a legitimate deep threat unlike Williams. Williams also can not take a hit, where Ginn is skilled at avoiding them.
There is no way the 49ers keep 6 Wrs on the roster it's just unnessary, they're much more likely to keep 4 rbs (Gore, Hunter, James, & Jacobs) I'd much rather see LMJ get the extra touches. Consider him a rb/wr.

Btw Owusu > Williams.. Just wait & see.

After studying Jenkins & Owusu I'm convinced Owusu is the better overall WR, if he can stay healthy he has the knowledge of the offense & skills to shock a lot of people.
[ Edited by GMniner805 on May 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,127
lots of good arguements...personally loved him during the regular season as a receiver and loved his speed and athleticism as a punt returner. The kid has great hands, great speed and agility and is tough for a smaller guy out there on the field. I want to see him bounce back and become a bigger part of the offense.

Only time will tell...however, i would never put him in the position to return punts during the playoffs unless he is our last option. I'd prefer to put Soap back there!
i have a feeling we're gonna keep 4 RB's. no room to have 6 WR's. and your 5th WR should be able to contribute on special teams..................