LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Will Kyle bounce back?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Kyle bounce back?

Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by BayStreamin510:
Yes. He's a receiver before a punt returner & people want him cut for him returning punts. If he gets cut, it's cos someone beat him out in camp. He's still a threat on the offensive side of the ball. Remember when roger craig cost them another super bowl trip ?

Yup. Love Roger Craig. Not Kyle Williams.

Roger Craig helped the 49ers win SBs before that happened. KW has done s**t: 20 catches in 2 years.

Lets be honest please? He had 20 receptions LAST year. In 13 GP and only 1 start he had 20 receptions an average of 12 yards a reception and 3 TD's. He also, in two rushing Attempts had a 16 yard average. He can add another dimension to this Offense if given a chance. He is an explosive WR. Not to mention minus the two boneheaded mistakes, he has shown hints of being an excellent KR/PR to backup Ginn, and possibly take over full duties in that regard in the future. I understand its hard to truely judge with the lack of attempts he has gotten thus far, but last year he showed some sparks, minus the NFCC. This year he has been solid in camp. He was a 6th round pick. did you really expect him to make a huge impact his rookie year, especially under that coaching staff?

People forget that PR is one of the hardest positions in football, and Ginn wasnt always what he was last season, he had alot of drops/muffs/fumbles as well early on in his career.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Aug 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM ]
It's almost like a bad break up...things were going so well, then out of nowhere a fumble occurs and she leaves you and goes with another guy...she being the game, the other guy being the giants. Still kinda stings, but kyle's a baller, and his dad runs the whitesox, so...he's legit in my book. Go Sox, Go niners!
How can you not root for him to bounce back, its the ultimate potential redemption story, even people who arent 49ers fans are rooting for this guy. I think he will redeem himself and show up big for us in a big game this year, watch.
[ Edited by qwestlove94 on Aug 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM ]
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
It's almost like a bad break up...things were going so well, then out of nowhere a fumble occurs and she leaves you and goes with another guy...she being the game, the other guy being the giants. Still kinda stings, but kyle's a baller, and his dad runs the whitesox, so...he's legit in my book. Go Sox, Go niners!

Wrigleyville baby
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
yup he bounced alright.
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
How can you not root for him to bounce back, its the ultimate potential redemption story, even people who arent 49ers fans are rooting for this guy. I think he will redeem himself and show up big for us in a big game this year, watch.

NY Giants fans?
I expect him to bounce back. He is using this as fire and may end up being the best thing in the long haul. He is a receiver first and a good one, just needs playing time. He made a mistake as a returner, show me a returner, even a probowler, and I will show you someone who was made many a mistake on the return-INCLUDING GINN!

Kyle was forced into the duty. Remeber he didn't have a TC to properly prepare him as a returner and last year was his first year because he was injured all of his first year. As for the comment anyone knowing football knows that if you are not going to field it get out of the way...that is part true, coaches will have returners to look for an op if the oppenents ST lets there guard down to go and scoop it up. How many times have we seen that and the returner gets a TD or long return? If you have ESPN-plenty! Plus people get caught up in the moment, hoping to make a big play to seal the deal.

Ginn, on his two TD returns that won the game last year, technically made a mistake on the punt return, the punt was sort of a line drive and he had run up to catch it, many a times it can result in a fumble and he almost did as he bobbled it. Luckly the ST kept the gunners at bay, lest he would've been smacked and fumble in out territory, then everybody here on the zone would have been cursing him instead of singing his praise since he just took a pay cut. A fine line between a great or nimrod play.
Rooting for Kyle to fail, is the same as rooting for the Niners to fail. He is a Niner first.

As long as he is a Niner I wish him success.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Kyle made 2 key fumbles in the championship game, but the rest of the year he made plays to help the team win. I for one think he'll be an x-factor to some wins this season. Out in the open field Kyle has speed to beat some of these 3rd and 4th cornerback on most teams. He'll be a real asset in the quick slants

Go niners!!
f**k him

Why doesn't anyone put some blame on the coaching staff? He was way to aggressive about going after the ball from the beginning, especially in the rain. Seely or Harbuagh should of pulled him aside and told him to knock that stuff off. Instead, they left him in there to dive after short punts in the rain....

I watched a few other games where he returned punts/kickoffs and the guy is always taking risks in order to make things happen. He needs to quit.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Why doesn't anyone put some blame on the coaching staff? He was way to aggressive about going after the ball from the beginning, especially in the rain. Seely or Harbuagh should of pulled him aside and told him to knock that stuff off. Instead, they left him in there to dive after short punts in the rain....

I watched a few other games where he returned punts/kickoffs and the guy is always taking risks in order to make things happen. He needs to quit.

Because they can't hold onto the ball for him
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Its not about holding onto the ball. It's about the aggressive manor in which he was playing (in the rain no less).
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Its not about holding onto the ball. It's about the aggressive manor in which he was playing (in the rain no less).

after the first fumble I'm sure they said relax
after the second fumble I'm sure they said dont take chances
after the third the game was over
I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about ...!

KW went 13-3 last year !! Did you not see the saints game !!!!
Share 49ersWebzone