LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Make Dashon Goldson the highest paid safety in the league?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Make Dashon Goldson the highest paid safety in the league?

He's only hurting himself, he needs to have a big year for any team to pay him what he wants. His next contract will be the most lucrative, the better he plays the more he will get in FA next year. He holds out, skips TC and plays bad he's losing potentially millions. His agent should be telling him this, put your pride aside and play lights out.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
He's only hurting himself, he needs to have a big year for any team to pay him what he wants. His next contract will be the most lucrative, the better he plays the more he will get in FA next year. He holds out, skips TC and plays bad he's losing potentially millions. His agent should be telling him this, put your pride aside and play lights out.

The other side of that discussion is if he gets hurt that he potentially loses millions. He or his agent may or may not have overvalued his worth (don't know how the negotiations went), either way the parties didn't reach an agreement. He has two options, force the team to trade him (with which team, who knows) by holding out or play in this current situation and hope to play at an all pro level and pray to not get hurt............just hope it doesn't hurt the team, coz the whole fan base will let him know about it.
He is probably pissed off that Ray Rice and Matt Forte both got long term deals and he didn't. If he were smart he would sign the tender play like he deserves a long term deal like he wants and chances are they give him a good contract next year. Not like he wont be making a pretty penny under the tag anyhow.

Stupid will be to miss all of training camp and sign right before the season so he comes out unprepared under performs and then his value will drop big time.
He needs to sign the one year deal and let his play on the field be the best evidence or his worth to this team as well as the league.

If he gets injured while training on his own
He's screwed. The fo can just pull the offer.

Idk even know trading is an option. Where is his leverage to force a deal? Any rumors floating about any teams in need (thin at fs/injury)? Heck, what teams would want to meet his price, whatever it maybe and what would be the niners price?

If he wants to make big money this is his best opportunity in the short term. Any time delay getting into camp and signing the contract would not cast a good light in future negotiations with this FO or any other imo.
goldson has almost no leverage

the FS talent in the next draft class is just insane
  • pd24
  • Veteran
How many days of camp can you miss before you start getting fined?
I agree he has no leverage. The 9ers basically let him walk last year and no team had any interest. I'd rather address FS next year in the draft and pay Bowman (long term) and Soap (short term). The front 7 is the strength of the team
Originally posted by pd24:
How many days of camp can you miss before you start getting fined?

He's not under contract can't get fined
Originally posted by sachie23:
I agree he has no leverage. The 9ers basically let him walk last year and no team had any interest. I'd rather address FS next year in the draft and pay Bowman (long term) and Soap (short term). The front 7 is the strength of the team

Agreed. Our front 7 is more important, and I feel confident that Donatell can get enough out of another safety to make Goldson expendable if he's unwilling to play for a reasonable amount. I wouldn't lock up 8 mil per on a FS behind this front 7... not with the cap situation being what it is.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by sachie23:

Agreed. Our front 7 is more important, and I feel confident that Donatell can get enough out of another safety to make Goldson expendable if he's unwilling to play for a reasonable amount. I wouldn't lock up 8 mil per on a FS behind this front 7... not with the cap situation being what it is.

Agreed with this statement. There is a lot of FS or SS coming out next year. If we by someway don't get one of the elite prospects next year, we would still have spillman and robinson.

Dashon Goldson just posted a picture on instagram signing some papers. Could it be his tender?
  • Bille
  • Veteran
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Goldson-Signs-One-Year-Franchise-Tender/5455a981-4fe7-448d-8daf-0103303d939f
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Cool, maybe he will play lights out, help us win a superbowl and go get paid in DC.
I'm glad he signed. We didn't need him starting the season out of shape. He thinks he's better than he is...i don't think 49ers have any intention of paying him what he's asking for.
Originally posted by Chief:
Cool, maybe he will play lights out, help us win a superbowl and go get paid in DC.

the american dream
Share 49ersWebzone