Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Crabtree- 1,238 yards recieving with 12 TD's

howd you decide on 1,238?

Being bold duh
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Joe Staley traded..............

Here is my LONGSHOT, but to me possible, OL evolution -- and the logic:
1 Boone showed the staff last year that he is too good to keep off the field.
2 IMHO Anthony Davis is maturing and is athleticly capable of playing LT
3 Personally, despite his probowl vote last year, I'm not sold Joe Staley is a top LT
4 Kilgore or Looney easily prove RG capable

Bold prediction (I know, its crazy) -- LT Joe Staley traded before opening day to a team with a LT injury because his contract is friendly and he is at the height of his value with last year's probowl. ADavis moved to LT, and Boone starts at RT, Kilgore or Looney at RG.

If this happens, my not-so-bold prediction is that Alex Smith dies, Frank Gore's career ends, and we go 5-11.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Joe Staley traded..............

Here is my LONGSHOT, but to me possible, OL evolution -- and the logic:
1 Boone showed the staff last year that he is too good to keep off the field.
2 IMHO Anthony Davis is maturing and is athleticly capable of playing LT
3 Personally, despite his probowl vote last year, I'm not sold Joe Staley is a top LT
4 Kilgore or Looney easily prove RG capable

Bold prediction (I know, its crazy) -- LT Joe Staley traded before opening day to a team with a LT injury because his contract is friendly and he is at the height of his value with last year's probowl. ADavis moved to LT, and Boone starts at RT, Kilgore or Looney at RG.

If this happens, my not-so-bold prediction is that Alex Smith dies, Frank Gore's career ends, and we go 5-11.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
I know,(hopefully) he is joking but jesus f**king christ
Alex Smith wins MVP
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Alex Smith wins MVP

Naw.

He'll get beat out by Phil Jennings.
Originally posted by cciowa:
I know,(hopefully) he is joking but jesus f**king christ

Okay okay you're right. Our record will probably be 4-12.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Can someone please point me to a scrap of evidence that indicates Boone is good enough to supplant a pro bowl left tackle?

Can someone point to me a scrap of evidence that Brooks is better than Lawson, that Brown is better then Spencer, that Whitner is better than Williams, that Bowman is better than TKO, that Sopoaga is better than Franklin, that Smith is better than Haralson, that McDonald is better than...oh wait, never mind!

Potential sometimes just needs a chance and an opportunity to grow. It's called development. And Boone has been developing for years!

Brooks better than Lawson? Sack numbers.

Brown better then Spencer? Brown stays healthy.

Whitner better than Williams? Madieu? You're kidding right?

Bowman better than TKO? He's not 45 years old, had more tackles than Willis last year.

Sopoaga better than Franklin? Franklin got cut from the Saints.

Aldon Smith better than Harralson? Sack numbers.

There ya go.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on May 16, 2012 at 6:26 PM ]
Originally posted by WildBill:
Moss is not going to be an everydown player we both know that. He will come in on pass plays, but the QB has the option to audible if the D overreacts to Moss. The key will be for Moss to get involved early in the season and forcing people to go ...oh Moss seems to be back. Moss is a veteran, but people are forgetting one thing about his last year. He went from one team to another and never had a chance to assimilate. Also, the teams he went to weren't the best situation for him. I think the year off will show it re-invigorated him. He is also playing for a quote on quote contract year.

Gaining weight is not an easy thing to do and maintain your speed and strength. I don't think DE is his natural position, in high school and the first two years of college he was a LB. At most he'll gain 10 maybe 12 lbs in the next two years. The person replacing Smith should be at 285 and up in the 3-4 at least.

As for QB, is not a done deal, yes Smith is designated as the starter, but if he was all that then we wouldn't have gone fishing for one and two, would have given him a 5 year deal. If you have talent at the position you don't give it away. QB's are very valuable, more than any other position, you can get a possible high pick for someone who plays a couple of game and flashes possibilities. It is also harder to bring someone in after the fact. Plus chance favors the prepared mind. In this case if you only have two, chances are an injury will result. If you are prepared for it, chances are it won't happen-if we were a team in the bottom you might take that risk. Like I said several teams went south when they were considered playoff teams after their QB went down.

We were lucky last year except at wr concerning injuries. this year we are already down one at OLB. Also, just because we signed Jacobs and Manningham -it doesn't mean they are a lock.
I think Manningham makes it. Jacobs, though, isn't a lock but I think he's in. Also, we did get very lucky last season on the injury front. I just hope the football gods don't take it out on us this season.
Joe Staley gets a sex change and moves to Columbia to pursue a career in nude watercolor painting. Jim Harbaugh takes a sick day. Alex Smith suffers a minor injury, his temporary replacement stinks it up, then Alex comes back just in time to lead to glory. Kyle Williams fumbles in the preseason, gets cut, admits he deserved it. Vernon Davis catches 32 passes for 526 yards, but then catches wind from ex-teammate Joe Staley of the remarkable weather and priceless painting opportunities down in Columbia, and jumps ship. Randy Moss.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Kaep beats out Alex in Preseason.

Kaep throws for 5000 yards. Moss breaks every single season record and gets a checking account. Harbaugh does the Cat Daddy after winning the SB.
Originally posted by Amir:

Kaep throws for 5000 yards. Moss breaks every single season record and gets a checking account. Harbaugh does the Cat Daddy after winning the SB.

But Amir...

...what exactly does Moss put in that checking account?
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Amir:

But Amir...

...what exactly does Moss put in that checking account?

This the the most bold prediction...

people stop trying to argue other peoples bold predictions...
Now that Staley was voted on by his peers as the 67th best player in the league going into the 2012 season his trade value will never be higher . . .