There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bold Predictions - 1.0

Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Kaep beats out Alex in Preseason.

Kaep throws for 5000 yards. Moss breaks every single season record and gets a checking account. Harbaugh does the Cat Daddy after winning the SB.

But Amir...

...what exactly does Moss put in that checking account?

Kaep beats out Alex in Preseason.

Kaep throws for 5000 yards. Moss breaks every single season record and gets a checking account. Harbaugh does the Cat Daddy after winning the SB.

But Amir...

...what exactly does Moss put in that checking account?

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Lets make no mistake about this, the coaches BADLY want to get Boone on the field and with as poor of an OL we had last year (44 sacks, lead the league in QB pressures under 3 seconds, poor short yardage team, horrendous 1st and 3rd down %'s, etc.), I have no doubt this OL will be under heavy scrutiny this offseason and many combinations will be tried.

Staley has never been a guy who has ever been challenged for his position. I agree with FO and other sites after reviewing tape of Staley all year long that he was well below average and a bigger issue than fans realize which was only magnified by his pro bowl birth. He gave up quite a few key sacks, a lot of hits/pressures and was typically destroyed 1x1 in the run-game and that was WITH a ton of help from Iupati sliding over to help on virtually every snap. He is a big reason we rarely run off-tackle to his side. That said, he's very athletic, has a great attitude and work ethic and nobody is better at blocking down field on the run.

I think with plenty of tape to review, including last year's performance, we genuinely could see Staley challenged by Boone who does appear stronger, just as athletic and hungry as Staley. He's ready and like so many last year (Brooks, Brown, Aldon, Bowman, etc.) he just needs a chance and an opportunity to grow.

If, and it's a BIG IF, Kilgore or another owns the RG spot, I could see a bold prediction of Boone winning a T spot, Staley being traded for a high pick and us nabbing a FA veteran as insurance. It's unlikely but given the microscope this OL will be under with a full offseason of assessments and how badly this coaching staff wants Boone on the field, I wouldn't be shocked at all. Either way, I'd personally like to see Staley genuinely challenged for the first time in his career.

I'm not so sure your statement, "Lets make no mistake about this, the coaches BADLY want to get Boone on the field" is accurate. I think they would be more than happy to have him continue as the swing tackle for the team. Winning the RG spot would be gravy for him personally, but if your statement is true, then the team probably wouldn't have drafted Looney, and/or the team would have dealt Staley or Davis before the draft.

Teams rarely trade players right before the season begins, since they don't receive compensation until the following year.

As for Staley, I think you greatly undervalue his play. While I concede that he is not Pro-Bowl material, he is better than average, and it would seem incredibly unlikely the team would unload him and place an unproven player at the most critical position on the OL.

Sorry, but call me a skeptic that the team wants him on the field BADLY. I don't buy it.

Lets give our man Staley some love. He came in 67 on the Top 100 list today.....

Also, our boy Rogers made it higher on the list than Jonathan Joseph...... Niners paid a lot less money and he's only going into his 7 year. Joseph might be younger, but our window is now, so who cares.....
Originally posted by Lunchwagon:
One of the main disconnects on the left side is that Iupati rarely gives up ANY ground to a pass rusher, as Staley drops back and kicks out, it leaves a dangerous inside lane for edge rushers to move into. It makes it almost twice as hard for him. I figure that gets fixed this year. I think all these guys are actually pretty tight on and off the field.

Interesting point and I can see how that could be very frustrating for Staley. Also points out the different styles of linemen talked about last off-season. Staley is a mobile non power LT while Iupati is a power LG. Last year was the second year together but the first year in the Harbaugh offense, so perhaps you are correct. I can see them playing better this year as they learn how to adjust.

Also hope the OLinemen are tight as a group. They need to have an us against the world attitude.
Sometimes, the offseason sucks............and this thread is a perfect example.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Sometimes, the offseason sucks............and this thread is a perfect example.

sometimes
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Now that Staley was voted on by his peers as the 67th best player in the league going into the 2012 season his trade value will never be higher . . .

Why are people always wanting to trade a player for a draft pick? Is the draft more important than seeing the niners win another SB?

While the line is not perfect. People think playing musical chairs will make it better? Take Davis put him there for Staley a pro bowler and a player respected by his peers, install an unproven Boone where Davis was, add in unproven Kilgore or Looney for Snyder. Leave Iuapati and whats his name where they are and the QBs will be protected like the gold at Ft Knox.
Well, I guess its a good way to get rid of and see Alex replaced

We keep talking about building depth and competition, but people here keep wanting to trade starters to get draft pick because they think an unproven player(s) will do better than those who make the pro bowl. I thought we got rid of Nolan and Singletary and Scotty? Guess they are trolling on the zone now.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Crabs has 1200 yards and 10 tds.

Gore breaks the 1600 yard mark again

Aldon now a full time starter breaks the sack record

I love these predictions, especially the last two. I can really see Aldon breaking Strahan's record this year 23 sacks or bust.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Joe Staley traded..............

Here is my LONGSHOT, but to me possible, OL evolution -- and the logic:
1 Boone showed the staff last year that he is too good to keep off the field.
2 IMHO Anthony Davis is maturing and is athleticly capable of playing LT
3 Personally, despite his probowl vote last year, I'm not sold Joe Staley is a top LT
4 Kilgore or Looney easily prove RG capable

Bold prediction (I know, its crazy) -- LT Joe Staley traded before opening day to a team with a LT injury because his contract is friendly and he is at the height of his value with last year's probowl. ADavis moved to LT, and Boone starts at RT, Kilgore or Looney at RG.
Now that's bold!!

Bold... but stupid.

I don't understand how people can STILL not be sold on Staley. I've been a Staley fan since we drafted him. He is one of the best LT in the league and he is only getting better. I rarely have seen the guy get beat 1-on-1. If the left side of our OL breaks down in pass protection, it is usually because of a blown assignment (not picking up the blitz or stunts correctly). Mental errors. Physically however, he can hang with anybody in the league.

I wouldn't trade him for any less than 2 1st round picks.

No, we will not trade Joe. I would be at this move if it were to happen, but it will not.

Enough said, Boone (who I do like) couldn't do that.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on May 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Patrick Willis tears ACL vs Packers

DaDivaReceiva15 develops carpal tunnel syndrome as a result of the bad karma he brought upon himself by predicting a major injury to a Pro Bowl player....

Incidentally Diva......it is "i before e except after c"......remember?

Cheers!
Crabtree earns a trip to the pro bowl!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Patrick Willis tears ACL vs Packers

AJ Jenkins has 2 receptions against the Packers week one.

The second one will be the game winner when were down by 4.

AJ Jenkins gets moved up to #3 and shares time with Super Mario.

Tom Brady gets injured for the rest of the season after a blindside sack after a nickle corner blitz from Chris Culliver.

Seahawks make the playoffs.

Seahawks lose in the second round of the playoffs to the 49ers.

Randy Moss gets his ring.

Texans fall to the 49ers 31-28 in the Super Bowl on a missed Field goal, which prolongs the historic "Overtime Superbowl" for at least another year.

Giants dont make the playoffs this year.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
No, we will not trade Joe. I would be at this move if it were to happen, but it will not.

Enough said, Boone (who I do like) couldn't do that.

"The play of dreams!"
Smith throws for over 4000 yards but we have a worse record at 11-5.