There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

#89 Nathan "NaPalm" Palmer

Maiocco posted a tweet from napalm that he wants to join Rice on running the hills. That shows some intitiative. Hope he turns out to be a sleeper WR and makes the team in some way.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Maiocco posted a tweet from napalm that he wants to join Rice on running the hills. That shows some intitiative. Hope he turns out to be a sleeper WR and makes the team in some way.

This is tough. Palmer seems like a nice WR to develop, also with Owusu, who I think is PS likely, so Palmer is heading there also, unless we keep 6 WRs then we could see Palmer on 53, and 1 PS WR.

PS could be this

RB Hampton, WR Owusu, WR Palmer, TE Reuland, DE Masifilo, DE Jerod-Eddie, CB Holcomb/Nelms/Purvis(One of them), the 8th would be determined on final 53, if we keep 9 OL, then likely won't keep 5 OLB, so Cam Johnson would be the man IMO, if not then Slowey.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

uh oh! Ginn is in trouble, first play in the vid is a flysweep! lmao

another vid

[ Edited by sfout on May 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM ]
Looks like a nice receiver to add on the practice squad to develop.
I dont care if this kid is good enough to be the last roster spot, a practice squad player or cut outright.....but he has the coolest nickname I have heard in a loooong time.

Matt Maiocco ‏ @MaioccoCSN
49ers rookie minicamp: While all eyes were on WRs A.J. Jenkins and Chris Owusu, I wanted to see Nathan Palmer. http://bit.ly/JzMEQx

Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl
I can tell you that Palmer was highly respected in the scouting community prior to the draft, so keep an eye on him in training camp
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

49ers rookie minicamp: While all eyes were on WRs A.J. Jenkins and Chris Owusu, I wanted to see Nathan Palmer. http://bit.ly/JzMEQx

Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl
I can tell you that Palmer was highly respected in the scouting community prior to the draft, so keep an eye on him in training camp

if this is true why wasn't he drafted then?
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl

Cuz he is black
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl

Cuz he is black

cause he went to NIU, MAC conference, he also only had 2 years of consistent production after starting off his freshman campaign with 12 catches for 278 yards he only totalled 5 catches for 80 yards in his sophomore year and then finally strung together 2 consistent years in and combined 76 catches for 1227 yards and 13 TDs over his final 2 seasons. it sounds like the colts were really interested in him so maybe he was almost Mr. Irrelevant until his QB Chandler Harnish parlayed several teams interest into forcing the colts to pick him over another player. Seems like the Colts really wanted both of them lol. I'm glad Palmer picked us over several other teams.

Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl

I dunno, but does anyone else think he looks a little bit like Victor Cruz? It'd be so cool if he blows up and we can say we are hitting NaPalm for TDs lol.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl

I dunno, but does anyone else think he looks a little bit like Victor Cruz? It'd be so cool if he blows up and we can say we are hitting NaPalm for TDs lol.

I want Kyle Williams to make the roster as a 6th WR but this guy looks like he might be a better option as #6 if we do carry that many. He looks like he could be one hell of a slot receiver and also provide another deep threat.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl

I want Kyle Williams to make the roster as a 6th WR but this guy looks like he might be a better option as #6 if we do carry that many. He looks like he could be one hell of a slot receiver and also provide another deep threat.

word of advice, dont make any comments on any of these guys until the preseason starts.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

This is tough. Palmer seems like a nice WR to develop, also with Owusu, who I think is PS likely, so Palmer is heading there also, unless we keep 6 WRs then we could see Palmer on 53, and 1 PS WR.

PS could be this

RB Hampton, WR Owusu, WR Palmer, TE Reuland, DE Masifilo, DE Jerod-Eddie, CB Holcomb/Nelms/Purvis(One of them), the 8th would be determined on final 53, if we keep 9 OL, then likely won't keep 5 OLB, so Cam Johnson would be the man IMO, if not then Slowey.
RB Hampton, WR Owusu, WR Palmer, TE Reuland, DE Masifilo, DE Jerod-Eddie, CB Holcomb, OL Person
What do u guys think of this kid? the next victor cruz or just hype?
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
What do u guys think of this kid? the next victor cruz or just hype?

Hype for now. We've had training camp superstars at WR many times before.