LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

#89 Nathan "NaPalm" Palmer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
He's Kyle Williams replacement

I was hoping so, but I doubt it. I think we'll probably keep 6 wr's, but Ginn will primarily be a kr/pr. Hopefully Palmer can stick to the practice squad. I don't know if they'll wind up keeping both Palmer and Owusu?

owusu has like no chance of doing anything with the niners

Check out the depth chart, it may contain a hint of what the niners are wanting to do with Palmer. Right now Palmer and Owusu are behind Hastings and Swain respectively... so the initial indication is that they will be entering during the sandlot football portion of the game when most teams focus on running the football to get the game over with and prevent injuries. Looks like they will try to hide him to start preseason. It's horrible to say but part of me wants him to tweak a hammy to ensure there is no film on him and get him to the PS safely.
He will be fighting for a spot on the practice squad , we are stacked at WR , and any of the undrafted free agents will have to make one hell of an impression to make the active roster or PS
The F.O. is taking a fish in a barrel approach to talent. Point the gun hopefully you hit one and not miss completely. Get a whole lot of prospects and hope one of them is a jewel or sticks. Even if you got a log jam of talent (at least on paper). Remember, Moss is only on for this year. Even if he is a hit, trying to resign him will result in a Dieon Sanders situation, with Navarro being a FA after this year it would be hard to resign him. Manningham is technically a short timer also. Crabtree is in the 4th of a 6 year contract isn't he? His numbers are cap friendly unless he makes those bonuses which he won't and hasn't. So its good they are preparing for the future.
The biggest way for them to up their value of course is ST, as a returner or a gunner.

The only thing is hiding them will be hard. much like Tolz, someone can pick them up but they have to put them on their 53 man rooster and not on their ps. For teams that are hungry for wr talent they might take a chance figuring the coaching and talent evaluators of 49ers are on their A game now. Teams like the Rams, Colts, and even the Seahawks. The hawks got Baldwin last year (a JH product at Stanford), so they might try to p us off by taking our talent, like the old saying goes, using your opponents strength to further your own needs.
[ Edited by WildBill on Aug 7, 2012 at 11:13 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
PS
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/audio/Niner-Talk-49ers-Vikings-Preseason-Week-1/0bdd9a3a-00d7-45a8-b805-39b0820cc519

NaPalm can sing!
Would like to see more of him in the next game to see if he's anywhere near the real deal.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Nathan Palmer >>>>>>>>>>>> Jerry Rice
Originally posted by susweel:

And his flows are better than Brandon Lloyd's

pfffhhhhhbbbbtt!

And his flows are better than Brandon Lloyd's

The guy is fast, maybe he will catch on with a team that sucks.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
GONE!

signed to the Colts 53 man roster
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
GONE!

signed to the Colts 53 man roster

Lock this b***h lol -- Bye bye Nate, nice knowing you.
Was he on our PS?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Was he on our PS?

yesir. he was our highest paid UDFA signing.
Share 49ersWebzone