LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Conspiracy Theory ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My first thoughts after reading this article, http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/05/scout-out-comings-and-goings-in-the-49ers-front-office.html.
I remember during the draft, when the Seahawks selected Bruce Irvin ( West Virginia ), how everyone was shocked he went so high. Then the reports came out that the niners might be drafting him. Seattle's history in the draft doesn't show much risk taking, so why would they select Irvin so high this year? Northeast area 49er scout Todd Brunner fired and PROMPTLY hired by who else . . . Scott McCloughan. Probably nothing but made me think. Now, back to looking for Elvis.
it turns my stomach watching the seahawks trying to emulate us in so many ways from their front office and draft day maneuvering, to hiring ex players and personnel, and even during last season mimicking our play on the field. but u know what they say. imitation is the highest form of flattery
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
it turns my stomach watching the seahawks trying to emulate us in so many ways from their front office and draft day maneuvering, to hiring ex players and personnel, and even during last season mimicking our play on the field. but u know what they say. imitation is the highest form of flattery

A cheap imitation at that.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
There probably is something to this.
non-issue. these are the typical personnel shufflings that eventual occur within a few years of a coaching/GM regime change, and that we fans rarely hear or care about other than from a mandatory blurb from a local news source (like the above Sac Bee article). Maybe some new blood in the scouting department is needed. One of those scout has been around since the Mariucci era!

What matters most is we keep Harbaugh and Baalke for the considerable future and let them keep hiring THEIR guys and who they feel most comfortable with in seeking out the best players for this team.
He told the Seagulls who the 49ers were eyeing!?

WTF!?
Maybe McCloughan. has moles in the organization.
If you go back and read his blog postings closely you will find hidden messages too

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Brunner%E2%80%99s-Blog-Combine-vs-Pro-Day/c3876814-8dfa-45a0-b452-c02dbb505c0a
Elvis Grbac?

This reminds me of the previous draft when the Tards drafted Peterson...I am almost positive he was our guy!
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
If you go back and read his blog postings closely you will find hidden messages too

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Brunner%E2%80%99s-Blog-Combine-vs-Pro-Day/c3876814-8dfa-45a0-b452-c02dbb505c0a

If you write down every 13th letter sequentially, it spells Scotty McDrunk.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Maybe McCloughan. has moles in the organization.

If there's evidence and the NFL investigates, I want a full-blown 'Aints-style retribution inflicted on the seahags
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
If there's evidence and the NFL investigates, I want a full-blown 'Aints-style retribution inflicted on the seahags

Umm... I just want this anyway.
I wouldn't put it past them. Hopefully, he wasn't as good as initially scouted and is a bust. We'll have two chances to see next year. Hopefully he has Aaron Maybin-like production.
Share 49ersWebzone