There are 239 users in the forums

Conspiracy Theory ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
waste of my time to click on this thread...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:

Wasted more time replying.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Well, lets see....

1. Brunner left because the 49ers let him go after being with the 49ers for 12 years so its not like he left Seattle came here for a year and then went back.

2. McCloughan is not Seattle's GM. I think he is just a scout there. He could have input but it would not likely be his call on whether to hire Runner.

3. Given that McCloughan has worked with Runner, it makes sense that Runner could end up there, which the 49ers had to know could happen.

4. There was public buzz about the 49ers interest i n Irvin in the days leading up to the draft. The beat writers did stories about him. I am pretty sure I even saw at least 1 mock draft that had the 49ers taking him at 30. The Seahawks did not need insider info to learn that, assuming you believe the 49ers interest in Irvin was not just a smoke screen by Baalke in the first place.

5. The Seahawks are not copying the 49ers. The last thing Carroll wants to do is that. Maybe they envision Irvin as their Along Smith but its not like the 49ers invented the situational pass rusher.
Originally posted by kem99:
Well, lets see....

1. Brunner left because the 49ers let him go after being with the 49ers for 12 years so its not like he left Seattle came here for a year and then went back.

2. McCloughan is not Seattle's GM. I think he is just a scout there. He could have input but it would not likely be his call on whether to hire Runner.

3. Given that McCloughan has worked with Runner, it makes sense that Runner could end up there, which the 49ers had to know could happen.

4. There was public buzz about the 49ers interest i n Irvin in the days leading up to the draft. The beat writers did stories about him. I am pretty sure I even saw at least 1 mock draft that had the 49ers taking him at 30. The Seahawks did not need insider info to learn that, assuming you believe the 49ers interest in Irvin was not just a smoke screen by Baalke in the first place.

5. The Seahawks are not copying the 49ers. The last thing Carroll wants to do is that. Maybe they envision Irvin as their Along Smith but its not like the 49ers invented the situational pass rusher.

In a 4-3, he has no positiion. Bruce Irvin is too small to take on these big ass tackles in the NFL.

Anyone know where he will line up?
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Tru dat
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
it turns my stomach watching the seahawks trying to emulate us in so many ways from their front office and draft day maneuvering, to hiring ex players and personnel, and even during last season mimicking our play on the field. but u know what they say. imitation is the highest form of flattery

how were they mimicking our play? HUH

Not only that, but nobody cares that he wasted his time. Yet, he still lets us know.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Not only that, but nobody cares that he wasted his time. Yet, he still lets us know.

Tru dis 2.
Who cares, Irvin would have been taken by the Jets a pick later If the seaHags hadn't taken him anyway. We hope he's a bust. As someone earlier said, In a 4-3 He doesn't really have a position to play. NFL Tackles will pancake him most any play. He's too small, at least at his current weight, maybe in a few years he can bulk up, altho could he bulk up without losing his speed? Just a thought!
It's no secret Carroll and Harbaugh don't like each other...I wouldn't put anything past Carroll if he thought it'd give him any kind of edge. Problem for Seattle is they don't have Harbaugh or Baalke...they have two cheap imitations.

JH comes along and the rat is dead. Wonder who it was...rat?
It wouldn't surprise me if the seachickens did something along those lines. Hope they go 0-8 to start the season and Pete Carroll gets fired.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

This
Lets take 3 mediocre QB's and have a long drawn out QB competition right up until the regular season begins..... Where have we seen this before?

So glad those days are behind us
If I recall...didn't Trent Baalke write down AJ Jenkins name on a card the night before the draft as the guy they wanted at 30? If so this completely debunks your theory...
Share 49ersWebzone