There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Randy Moss

Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
haven't read the last 10 pages, was that missed TD, overthrown pass his fault? Reminds me of the Moran Norris overthrow.

my opinion it was a little of both. Alex thought he would run deeper in the EZ since he had the space. Moss thought he had to flatten it out and meet at the pylon.

but if blame has to be placed i would say Alex since the play is designed to meet at the pylon.


I agree with you on the above and would add the following:

I think its gonna take some time before Alex and Moss are on the same page as far as game time adjustments (routes and such).

Just look at how he and Crabs are more in sync. By the end of the year we will be firing on all cylinders, which is the time we should be concerned about.
Originally posted by rk1642:
I agree with you on the above and would add the following:

I think its gonna take some time before Alex and Moss are on the same page as far as game time adjustments (routes and such).

Just look at how he and Crabs are more in sync. By the end of the year we will be firing on all cylinders, which is the time we should be concerned about.

by then, we'll be 6 games behind the cardinals.
I don't know if I blame Alex or Moss on that throw. Smith had zero follow through because he had a defensive lineman's shoulder in his sternum.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 74,586
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
haven't read the last 10 pages, was that missed TD, overthrown pass his fault? Reminds me of the Moran Norris overthrow.

my opinion it was a little of both. Alex thought he would run deeper in the EZ since he had the space. Moss thought he had to flatten it out and meet at the pylon.

but if blame has to be placed i would say Alex since the play is designed to meet at the pylon.


I agree with you on the above and would add the following:

I think its gonna take some time before Alex and Moss are on the same page as far as game time adjustments (routes and such).

Just look at how he and Crabs are more in sync. By the end of the year we will be firing on all cylinders, which is the time we should be concerned about.

it didn't take Mario Manningham that much time to get in synch with Alex.
I feel like Moss isn't putting effort into his catches unless the ball is hitting him directly into his chest. Take the throw that was a little high in the Vikes game. He had it in his hands but looked like he didn't even try to grab it with both hands. I dunno.....maybe he was hoping to get his catches but just wasn't panning out like he thought it would be. I think I read a tweet on Sunday saying Moss was sitting by himself at the end of the bench. Hmmmm....that looks famaliar.
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Now we see why Moss was on three teams in 2010.

do we? cause i dont.
do you? dont think so but i think you think you do.

Lemme guess, you never liked the signing? and if alex hit him in the #'s and he caught the TD would you still be saying the same thing?

Liked the signing? Yes. How could you not like the low risk signing that Moss presented? Did I expect him to blossom and return to his old form? No.

If catching the touchdown would have prevented Moss from being disinterested on the sidelines and on the field then no, I wouldn't be saying the same thing.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM ]
Half time of Cowboys and Bears, they had "sound tracks of yesterday games", they showed Randy standing by Aldon Smith who was sitting down saying to the camera,"That Alex Smith, he ain't very good" and walked away, Aldon waited til he left and said "that's stupid" and turn to the camera.

I guess Randy is getting uptight with being a decoy or something with Alex, don't know if this was after Kaep's throw to him.
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Half time of Cowboys and Bears, they had "sound tracks of yesterday games", they showed Randy standing by Aldon Smith who was sitting down saying to the camera,"That Alex Smith, he ain't very good" and walked away, Aldon waited til he left and said "that's stupid" and turn to the camera.

I guess Randy is getting uptight with being a decoy or something with Alex, don't know if this was after Kaep's throw to him.

I know I saw that to at the half moss said alex smith anit anit that good..lol guess Moss rather have Collin Kaepernick the starting QB just like I do lol...
Originally posted by 49ers201:
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Half time of Cowboys and Bears, they had "sound tracks of yesterday games", they showed Randy standing by Aldon Smith who was sitting down saying to the camera,"That Alex Smith, he ain't very good" and walked away, Aldon waited til he left and said "that's stupid" and turn to the camera.

I guess Randy is getting uptight with being a decoy or something with Alex, don't know if this was after Kaep's throw to him.

I know I saw that to at the half moss said alex smith anit anit that good..lol guess Moss rather have Collin Kaepernick the starting QB just like I do lol...

lol he said Aldon Smith...
Originally posted by Baldie:
I feel like Moss isn't putting effort into his catches unless the ball is hitting him directly into his chest. Take the throw that was a little high in the Vikes game. He had it in his hands but looked like he didn't even try to grab it with both hands. I dunno.....maybe he was hoping to get his catches but just wasn't panning out like he thought it would be. I think I read a tweet on Sunday saying Moss was sitting by himself at the end of the bench. Hmmmm....that looks famaliar.
Yeah moss never tries to catch a pass. I don't even understand why this man is going to be inducted into the Hall Of fame? It cant be the that Alex Smith is over throwing him? NO WAY!
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Yeah moss never tries to catch a pass. I don't even understand why this man is going to be inducted into the Hall Of fame? It cant be the that Alex Smith is over throwing him? NO WAY!

Alex dosent even trow the ball to him thats prolly why he said what he said smith dosent have the arm strength to trow deep to moss like kaep did on that pass to triple coverge...I bet if kaep trows to moss 9 out of 10 moss will make the catch...Kaper time.!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by 49ers201:
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Half time of Cowboys and Bears, they had "sound tracks of yesterday games", they showed Randy standing by Aldon Smith who was sitting down saying to the camera,"That Alex Smith, he ain't very good" and walked away, Aldon waited til he left and said "that's stupid" and turn to the camera.

I guess Randy is getting uptight with being a decoy or something with Alex, don't know if this was after Kaep's throw to him.

I know I saw that to at the half moss said alex smith anit anit that good..lol guess Moss rather have Collin Kaepernick the starting QB just like I do lol...

lol he said Aldon Smith...

Sounded like Alex
Saw that earlier, seemed like he was teasing Aldon. Pretty sure he said Aldon.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,765
He said aldon, and he was clearly just teasing him.
I'm REALLY starting to worry about his playing time & the amount of balls thrown his way. After he caught his 1 & only pass yesterday he had a look in his face of disgust its like its building up inside & i think the only reason he is holding back his feelings RIGHT now is because we are winning but if this team drops a few games here n there i believe he is going to let it all out & start a fire in the 49ers locker room.

I hope i am wrong about this & he basically understand what the coaching staff is doing here & he clearly knows hes here for 1 reason & thats to win a Super Bowl NO MATTER what his role is on this team.