LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I knew something was up when he didn't throw a block yet alone join the celebration when VD ran that 30 yarder last week. He just ran to the sideline past the defenders as if the play was over. What if VD had gotten tackled. What would u say then ?
I didn't really see the ideal fit with Moss when we signed him. Still don't.
If there is one thing that bothers a "playmaker" its losing and not being part of the game plan. I'm sure Moss believes we could have won if we targeted him more. After all, every time they called his number he was open. Why not just continue to feed him the ball?
T.O would have exploded by now. You really have to admire his professionalism.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If there is one thing that bothers a "playmaker" its losing and not being part of the game plan. I'm sure Moss believes we could have won if we targeted him more. After all, every time they called his number he was open. Why not just continue to feed him the ball?

Glad I'm not the only one who saw this
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
T.O would have exploded by now. You really have to admire his professionalism.

well, I think T.O. would've been on the field more often...

i think the reason Randy isn't always out there is because he is not a good run blocker...never was. And we need receivers who can run block on most occasions.

that all being said, if it were my choice..I'd have Moss on the field almost every down.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 23, 2012 at 8:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
well, I think T.O. would've been on the field more often...

i think the reason Randy isn't always out there is because he is not a good run blocker...never was. And we need receivers who can run block on most occasions.

that all being said, if it were my choice..I'd have Moss on the field almost every down.

I agree. I secretly want T.O to win a SB with us but that locker room cancer media bs wont stop he had a nasty exit but that was years ago, and the locker room cancer talk about Moss didnt stop us from signing him so what gives. Jerry went to Denver and even the Raiders.
Moss needs to be a target more often.
Now we see why Moss was on three teams in 2010.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

do we? cause i dont.
do you? dont think so but i think you think you do.

Lemme guess, you never liked the signing? and if alex hit him in the #'s and he caught the TD would you still be saying the same thing?

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I think he's playing good. DBs still give him 10yd cushions and it's not his fault that Alex missed him on two big plays.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

this is someone elses picture

doesnt look like moss is open to me if theyre was an attempt to moss i think its picked off by either underneath over over guy depending on throw

i mean you can throw to moss for the TD but VD wwas the right choice
VD was the right choice, he was the first option and he was open. I believe that the coaches teach Smith to take the first option if its there, and not worry about the other options.

VD was the safe choice, the safety next to Moss is already too late.

trust me I ran this play in Madden

I can't believe it's come to this with the Randy-situation. Jesus man, some people are absolutely obsessed.

Crazy what some people claimed they can see at the game that people at home don't. Not like they needed a replay on the jumbotron to see the details of the play or anything. Lame attempts for a way to bash Smith.

a few arrows prove a point lol the ANGLES that they were running are not accurate in that picture (direction of arrows).
And that linebacker was running towards willis while moss was running towards the end zone. Had he led him towards the end zone WIDE OPEN TOUCHDOWN... AND HONESTLY I THINK THAT PIC PROVES IT.
JUST LIKE I SAID VD MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE SAFER THROW. BUT MOSS WAS ALSO WIDE OPEN.
[ Edited by 99problems on Sep 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
haven't read the last 10 pages, was that missed TD, overthrown pass his fault? Reminds me of the Moran Norris overthrow.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
haven't read the last 10 pages, was that missed TD, overthrown pass his fault? Reminds me of the Moran Norris overthrow.

my opinion it was a little of both. Alex thought he would run deeper in the EZ since he had the space. Moss thought he had to flatten it out and meet at the pylon.

but if blame has to be placed i would say Alex since the play is designed to meet at the pylon.
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

my opinion it was a little of both. Alex thought he would run deeper in the EZ since he had the space. Moss thought he had to flatten it out and meet at the pylon.

but if blame has to be placed i would say Alex since the play is designed to meet at the pylon.

I agree with you on the above and would add the following:

I think its gonna take some time before Alex and Moss are on the same page as far as game time adjustments (routes and such).

Just look at how he and Crabs are more in sync. By the end of the year we will be firing on all cylinders, which is the time we should be concerned about.
Share 49ersWebzone