LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Moss looking good in workouts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Wake me up in September when it actually means something.
Originally posted by cciowa:
personally i think that taking part in a voluntary workout with your team mates is a helluva lot more valuable that running some hill with someone who is no longer on the team. tell me how that builds chemistry with your quarterbacks please. crabtree with moss and the quarterbacks in this workout is much much more valuable than the "hill"

I'm not sure why the two are mutually exclusive. Do you just not like Jenkins? Or are you looking to hammer home Moss and Crabs commitment by belittling Jenkins decision to work out with one of the greatest 9ers and players of all time?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

i felt the same way when some poster got all shrill cuz alex over threw someone today. of course they ignored the fact he threw a 55 yard strike to moss for a td but thats the way those things go
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
merge this with the moss thread

Check Anthony Davis' twitter feed. He calls Cohn Jr. out and says the article is fiction.

i felt the same way when some poster got all shrill cuz alex over threw someone today. of course they ignored the fact he threw a 55 yard strike to moss for a td but thats the way those things go

It's the offseason man. This is the closest you can get to rooting and booing and enjoying your team. Relax bud! Enjoy it!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

It wasn't me, to me none of this matters I personally don't even think the media should be allowed to watch these off season workouts.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
It wasn't me, to me none of this matters I personally don't even think the media should be allowed to watch these off season workouts.

i never said it was you, i know that, i was just trying to make converstation
well that's fine and dandy but none of this actually means anything

i never said it was you, i know that, i was just trying to make converstation

You go into this stage just knowing and accepting that agendas will get some folks to post the good while conveniently overlooking the bad from "their champion."

It's all good... kinda funny anyway.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I'm not sure why the two are mutually exclusive. Do you just not like Jenkins? Or are you looking to hammer home Moss and Crabs commitment by belittling Jenkins decision to work out with one of the greatest 9ers and players of all time?
I have nothing against jenkins and if he wants to work out with rice thats great. Shows the kid is not afraid of hard work. i am just saying i think crabs can learn just as much from moss in camp , if not more, than jenkins can learn by running a hill with a x niner I would also rather have crabtree in camp with his team mates catching passes from his quarterback and not running some hill with jerry rice..i am well aware of how great jerry rice is but he is not a coach on our team, he is just a mentor. running some hill with rice will not make this kid into a great player. going to practice and doing things over and over l with his team mates and quarterbacks is the key

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
well that's fine and dandy but none of this actually means anything

Yeah this doesn't even need to be open to the media. I guess it just gives us football addict fans something to talk about in May. I do like hearing about moss working with the youngsters, though.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Yeah this doesn't even need to be open to the media. I guess it just gives us football addict fans something to talk about in May. I do like hearing about moss working with the youngsters, though.
it is also nice hearing how many guys actually showed up for a voluntary thing. Everyone is extra excited for off season news this year, cuz we did not have any last year lets not have any injuries,, remember a few years ago when the rat tore his groin muscle clear to the bone in this type of situation?
I have nothing against jenkins and if he wants to work out with rice thats great. Shows the kid is not afraid of hard work. i am just saying i think crabs can learn just as much from moss in camp , if not more, than jenkins can learn by running a hill with a x niner I would also rather have crabtree in camp with his team mates catching passes from his quarterback and not running some hill with jerry rice..i am well aware of how great jerry rice is but he is not a coach on our team, he is just a mentor. running some hill with rice will not make this kid into a great player. going to practice and doing things over and over l with his team mates and quarterbacks is the key

I don't think running the hill is supposed to make anyone a great player, it didn't make Rice a great player, but the hard working mentality it takes to want to do things like that does help make someone a great player.

Working out with teammates certainly helps a players development and chemistry, but I don't see why doing one means you can't do the other. The workouts today were for the vets, so Jenkins wasn't there. He Spent his off day running up some monsterous hill. It didn't stop him from catching passes from Alex, so I don't know why the two workouts are being compared.
  • Eeks
  • Veteran
personally i think that taking part in a voluntary workout with your team mates is a helluva lot more valuable that running some hill with someone who is no longer on the team. tell me how that builds chemistry with your quarterbacks please. crabtree with moss and the quarterbacks in this workout is much much more valuable than the "hill"

He is NOT ALLOWED to join in. This is VETERANS only voluntary camp.
it is also nice hearing how many guys actually showed up for a voluntary thing. Everyone is extra excited for off season news this year, cuz we did not have any last year lets not have any injuries,, remember a few years ago when the rat tore his groin muscle clear to the bone in this type of situation?

Yeah I like that. These practices don't mean much as far as preparing them for the season but a lot of them showed up anyway. I'm one of the people who liked the Moss signing so I love hearing anything good that he's contributing.
Share 49ersWebzone