There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh's salary

I was just thinking back on the lost decade of Ericsson, Nolan, and Singletary. We have been down so long it I had forgotten what reloading for another run looked like, this offseason we have been reloading. Jim Harbaugh makes this team more attractive to free agents, look how quickly we snapped up some of the better UDFA's. We were actually in the running to land Peyton Manning!

In the lost decade we were forced to over pay for second tier free agent talent, no I'm sure if we need them we can have them at a fair market price, and I'm sure our own free agents will give a "home town discount". For all you younger fans, this is how it used to be, player wanted to come here, players wanted to stay here, we just kept getting better and better, it just snow balled into a dynasty.

I just have a feeling that if Jim Harbaugh gives us another winning season, the dynasty will be back, perennial contenders, annual play off appearances, national glory, and in the end the ability to attract top tier talent for less than market value, will more than off set Jim Harbaugh salary, he is money well spent, it is as if he works for free.

Not really a question or topic of massive importance, but it has been on my mind, I've been all smiles and grins just waiting for next season, I'm sick of making excuses for my team, and look forward to making threats, and winning bets!

I hope you all are as stoked as I am! GO NINERS!
#6, #7, #8, #9......

/thread
No need for comment, just "sharing" with the group Billy...do you have anything you would like to add...
If Jim Harbaugh wants to renegotiate his contract in year 3 of his 5 year deal, extend him another 5 years and bump up his salary to 8-9 mil/yr, they will do it.

New stadium, new dynasty.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
If Jim Harbaugh wants to renegotiate his contract in year 3 of his 5 year deal, extend him another 5 years and bump up his salary to 8-9 mil/yr, they will do it.

So freaking stoked!!!! I'm geeing out and it's not even fall! I never wanted summer to be over ever before in my life, but right now....f**k it, let's hit fast forward!
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

• fly15
  • Veteran

and a new shirt
do you have anything you would like to add...
This coach never needs to leave the 49ers, like 10-12 year tennure please?
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
This coach never needs to leave the 49ers, like 10-12 year tennure please?

This!

The construction workers are even working on Saturday!

http://newsantaclarastadium.com/live-view

But... I have been checking in on that live view once a day or so and it looks like they are just driving tractors around and not actually building anything...lol Oh well I don't know anything about construction work so yeah..
Why does anything need to "offset" his salary? It doesn't count towards the cap so it wouldn't matter if he was making $50 million a year if the Yorks were willing to pay that.

I never understood why people were whining about us making him one of the highest paid coaches when we got him. It doesn't effect cap space and it's not your money, so his pay should literally mean nothing to anyone but him and the Yorks.
[ Edited by 49erRider on May 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Why does anything need to "offset" his salary? It doesn't count towards the cap so it wouldn't matter if he was making $50 million a year if the Yorks were willing to pay that.

I never understood why people were whining about us making him one of the highest paid coaches when we got him. It doesn't effect cap space and it's not your money, so his pay should literally mean nothing to anyone but him and the Yorks.

Fans like to play in owner mode.