There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you trade Crabtree ?

No, because he is our best WR, and we wouldn't get anything worthwhile for him anyway. If he doesn't get hurt, I'll be surprised if he doesn't get over 1000 yards this year.
Not after the injuries we had at Wr last year. Who knows what happens with Moss. We need the depth
No because he's our best WR and also because we wouldn't get anything more than a 3rd.
We would never get a 2nd rounder for him
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Led the team in receptions and receiving yards, yeah thats a candidate for a trade

And has never even had a 1,000 yard season - and a whopping 10 TD's in three years...yeah, that's a superstar!

Greg Little lead his team in receiving last year too, and he was a 3rd round pick - not the 10th overall!
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Led the team in receptions and receiving yards, yeah thats a candidate for a trade

And has never even had a 1,000 yard season - and a whopping 10 TD's in three years...yeah, that's a superstar!

Greg Little lead his team in receiving last year too, and he was a 3rd round pick - not the 10th overall!

We were the 31st ranked passing offense last year and had the least amount of pass attempts in the league, if he played on a passing team instead of a run first team he'd have had better numbers. As it is he was and is our best receiver, you don't get better by getting rid of your best players, people are just blinded by their biases and can't be objective.
Originally posted by danimal:
nobody wants him /thread

Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Led the team in receptions and receiving yards, yeah thats a candidate for a trade

And has never even had a 1,000 yard season - and a whopping 10 TD's in three years...yeah, that's a superstar!

Greg Little lead his team in receiving last year too, and he was a 3rd round pick - not the 10th overall!

Looking back at a post I made about Crabtree's production in another threat:
Originally posted by 1swift:

Thats very interesting. I went and crunched some numbers. Of course its not exact and not all that scientific as to how it works out as there is a severe chicken and the egg scenario here.

But if we look at stats we haveSmith:3144 Yards
Crabtree: 874 which equals roughly about 27% of Smiths yards.

Megatron 1681 was about 33% of Staffords 5038 yards

Fitz at 1411 yards was about 36% of Kolb and Skeltons Combined 3868 yards

Both of those quite a bit more than Smiths yards. If we maintain crabtree's % of 27 to Staffords amount of yards it equals about a 1400 yard season for Crab. For the AZ Combined QB's it would equal just over 1000 yards for Crabtree.A top 10 QB for yards averages 4236 Yards. 27% of that would net Crabtree 1143 Yards.Again I note the Chicken v Egg scenario, I understand if Crabtree is better maybe smith would have more yards but it works the other way as well. if Smith gets more towards a top 10 QB Crabtree's production indicates he should be in the 1000 yard receiver class


Greg Little had about 21% of his teams passing offensive production. Crabtree is far more productive at this point (as he should be) and its arguable that even at his current production rate he would easily be a 1000 yard receiver if our passing offense gets out of the cellar in terms of overall passing attempts increased towards the league average.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Greg Little lead his team in receiving last year too, and he was a 3rd round pick - not the 10th overall!

Arian Foster had a slightly better season than Frank Gore.

And he was an undrafted player! I guess Gore sucks!

I'm pretty proud of the WZ for taking this thread seriously and giving honest answers. The question is pretty ridiculous.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
We were the 31st ranked passing offense last year and had the least amount of pass attempts in the league, if he played on a passing team instead of a run first team he'd have had better numbers. As it is he was and is our best receiver, you don't get better by getting rid of your best players, people are just blinded by their biases and can't be objective.

You were the one that used Crabtree leading the team in receiving as some incredible feat, then defend his mediocre stats by talking about what a poor passing team we were.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Arian Foster had a slightly better season than Frank Gore.

And he was an undrafted player! I guess Gore sucks!


Read the whole conversation...slowly this time...maybe you will understand it better.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Arian Foster had a slightly better season than Frank Gore.

And he was an undrafted player! I guess Gore sucks!


Read the whole conversation...slowly this time...maybe you will understand it better.

No
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Led the team in receptions and receiving yards, yeah thats a candidate for a trade

Yeah . . . why when we improve our depth do people feel it's necessary to dump players at the top of the depth chart? Half the team would probably prefer to play in their home states if you asked them off the record. I believe his heart is into it as much as anybody. If it isn't he's not going to perform and he won't get paid come contract time.
Originally posted by 1swift:

Looking back at a post I made about Crabtree's production in another threat:
Originally posted by 1swift:

Thats very interesting. I went and crunched some numbers. Of course its not exact and not all that scientific as to how it works out as there is a severe chicken and the egg scenario here.

But if we look at stats we haveSmith:3144 Yards
Crabtree: 874 which equals roughly about 27% of Smiths yards.

Megatron 1681 was about 33% of Staffords 5038 yards

Fitz at 1411 yards was about 36% of Kolb and Skeltons Combined 3868 yards

Both of those quite a bit more than Smiths yards. If we maintain crabtree's % of 27 to Staffords amount of yards it equals about a 1400 yard season for Crab. For the AZ Combined QB's it would equal just over 1000 yards for Crabtree.A top 10 QB for yards averages 4236 Yards. 27% of that would net Crabtree 1143 Yards.Again I note the Chicken v Egg scenario, I understand if Crabtree is better maybe smith would have more yards but it works the other way as well. if Smith gets more towards a top 10 QB Crabtree's production indicates he should be in the 1000 yard receiver class
Greg Little had about 21% of his teams passing offensive production. Crabtree is far more productive at this point (as he should be) and its arguable that even at his current production rate he would easily be a 1000 yard receiver if our passing offense gets out of the cellar in terms of overall passing attempts increased towards the league average.

I have never seen those numbers, and also think his touchdowns would go up also.

  • Every year his receptions and receiving yards have gone up.
  • Every year we have had a new offense installed
  • We have never had a consist deep threat.

We now have the potential for a vertical passing game and our offense will have a full offseason + the strides they made all last year to get better. Continuity produces production better than anything else in this league. How often do teams with a new offensive coordinator or head coach succeed in their first year. Not many. This year I am excited to see what results it produces. If our offense gets only 10 to 20 percent better, this team is going to be extremely dangerous. If our offense gets better, so will Crab's numbers.
[ Edited by Youngb on May 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM ]