LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

2011 offensive line and some sack numbers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by susweel:
This are just fabricated numbers made up by Alex nut huggers.

Getting tired of this sh¥t. Those nut huggers are fellow 49ers fans. This continual winding up has to stop, it is unnecessary inflammatory and downright boring.

Pretty sure I received a warning for posting something almost exact to this.
Sure hope one was handed out in this case, or else mine is unjustified.
You miss the point. He has been moaning about Smith for ages, but this continual whinging at fellow posters has gone on long enough.

There's quite a few others who do the same as well, I remember an incident about 2-3 months ago where 3-4 people were ganging up on a new poster on the board.
Getting tired of this sh¥t. Those nut huggers are fellow 49ers fans. This continual winding up has to stop, it is unnecessary inflammatory and downright boring.

I thought it was funny and I like Alex Smith. Maybe people who actually get offended by things as frugal as that are the problem, not the person making a joke.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
I thought it was funny and I like Alex Smith. Maybe people who actually get offended by things as frugal as that are the problem, not the person making a joke.

Or maybe it is as I stated.
It isn't the harshest transgression, but it perpetuates certain phrases that tend to catch on around here that are in fact nasty and insulting.

my two cents
Originally posted by DirtyP:

Agreed. I've been a Smith fan since we drafted him. Had many arguments with sus and his anti-Smith possy. No offense taken. He's entitled to his opinion. There is no personal attacking going on here. Its funny.

BTW he's probably laughing his ass off at this thread by now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by blm7754:
I think he's just joking (or trying to pick a fight)... I've got to admit that its kind of funny. The facts are clear, but stubborn sus still hates Alex. Way to stick to your guns!

He will still hate Alex even after he leads us to our 6th super-bowl victory in 2012. I think most of us on the zone have just gotten used to it.

You miss the point. He has been moaning about Smith for ages, but this continual whinging at fellow posters has gone on long enough.

English bro you are becoming very serial today. Lighten up man I aint trying to hurt nobody. I know we are niner fans and I got love for everybody here (well almost everybody ).
my thread got hijacked
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
my thread got hijacked

Yeah... too bad. It started as a great thread with good info.

Its good to be reminded that there are sacks that fall on the QB and sacks that fall on the OL. Anything under 2.5 seconds is usually a blown assignment by the OL. We will improve greatly in that area simply by having an offseason and continuity on offense.
Who cares about last Year! IF Alex can't get it done this year its OVER on to the next QB!
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on May 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM ]

Originally posted by JayDAche:
Originally posted by susweel:
This are just fabricated numbers made up by Alex nut huggers.

Pretty sure I received a warning for posting something almost exact to this.
Sure hope one was handed out in this case, or else I'm reporting.

Fixed...
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Fixed...

are you serious right now? 1 that your hating on a thread, 2 you had to fix the wording of the hatred... lol
[ Edited by fan49 on May 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM ]
To get back on topic, there is too much talent on the O-line to have performed so poorly. With a second year together in the system it should mark an area of great progress. Improved O-line play with lead to better QB play and RB production, it's simple.
Coaches press their QBs to get rid of the ball before 3 secs. Neither of these two categories would be caused by Alex holding the ball too long. Susweel, heel!

That is why the original poster put the offensive line in the title. Clearly the Raven's and the Falcon's OL are doing a much better job than our line.

Rate of sacks: 2.5 seconds or less before sack
best: joe flacco: ..............0 .4%nfl
worst :alex smith : ...........3.3%

nfl average: .....................1.8%

Rate of sacks: 2.5 seconds to 2.9 seconds:
best: matthew stafford ...........1.0 %
nfl worst: alex smith: ..............3.7%

nfl average: ...........................2.2%

Now what is missing is what gap the sacker ran through to sack Alex. Hopefully, the bulk of those sacks came through our RG and RT position, cause we know that we were deficient at RG, and Davis needed a solid RG for inside help, in order to secure the outside routes to the QB.

I recall reading that the bulk of the pressure on Alex came from up the middle, so maybe RG was truly the weakest link.

It could also be scheme, with our early response to run blitzes being max protection, which proved vulnerable to delayed blitzes and stunts.

It was only as the season progressed that Alex starting to make D's pay for blitzing. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that we had much more success at avoiding sacks when we ran our power spread offense. That trend continued into the playoffs when we ran more passing plays than running plays.

What I hope is that with a full training camp, our new WR core, and James/Hunter, we will spread the field more, pulling the D out of the box, and making it more predictable who is blitzing on any given play.

Lastly, that Baalkebaugh have an credible RG to plug in.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
my thread got hijacked

Yes it was and it was a decent post. If people don't have anything positive to say about the data posted, or actual information to his your point, they should refrain from posting.
Share 49ersWebzone