LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Bold Camp Battle Predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bklyndrew31:
T. Brown was average at best for us last season ... we need a corner badly and need to hope Culliver turns out to be a steal in last years draft ...

Trippin !
Originally posted by Nuns:
Jacobs and Moss Cut before regular season.
Byham doesn't make the squad.
Manningham unhappy with his 4th receiver role

Damn that wouldn't be good at all. But why would Manningham be #4 if Moss is cut? Williams isn't better than Manningham, Jenkins wouldn't be #2 IMO yet, I would start Crabs and Manningham then if Moss doesn't make it.

I think Byham makes it, he is out best blocking TE, and he will be useful in case Miller is hurt as a FB, along with Delanie.

I'm fine with Jacobs not making it, I prefer he doesn't, would mean a guy like Ian Williams would be cut, or a OL like Person would be cut.

Also for those who think Looney would be on PS, makes no sense, you don't trade up in rd 4 and then cut him to go on PS. Looney would be claimed like that off waivers.

A guy like Slowey would clear waivers, Tolzien and I.Williams likely wouldn't clear waivers and make it to the P-Squad.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by bklyndrew31:
T. Brown was average at best for us last season ... we need a corner badly and need to hope Culliver turns out to be a steal in last years draft ...

Trippin !

100%.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Damn that wouldn't be good at all. But why would Manningham be #4 if Moss is cut? Williams isn't better than Manningham, Jenkins wouldn't be #2 IMO yet, I would start Crabs and Manningham then if Moss doesn't make it.

I think Byham makes it, he is out best blocking TE, and he will be useful in case Miller is hurt as a FB, along with Delanie.

I'm fine with Jacobs not making it, I prefer he doesn't, would mean a guy like Ian Williams would be cut, or a OL like Person would be cut.

Also for those who think Looney would be on PS, makes no sense, you don't trade up in rd 4 and then cut him to go on PS. Looney would be claimed like that off waivers.

A guy like Slowey would clear waivers, Tolzien and I.Williams likely wouldn't clear waivers and make it to the P-Squad.

1. Crabtree, Williams and Jenkins as 1/2/3.
2. Davis is our best blocking tight end. Byham slowed by injuries, already slow to begin with. Reuland makes the squad.
3. They wouldn't be BOLD predictions if they made perfect sense and were backed with solid information. Those are predictions:)
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I am a torque wrench.

Seriously tho Nicky B, I got nothing but love for you as long as you make good threads. This is one of your better ones (you've had much worse).

But you should just own it. You're the Zone's THREADMASTER GENERAL.

I think criticism of creating a couple posts a week is pretty retarded...

This, being more than the average Zoner. I make maybe one a month. Even some of the most active posters and old timers on this board don't make threads as often as you do.

You're the Nicolas Cage of the forums. Own it.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

1. Crabtree, Williams and Jenkins as 1/2/3.
2. Davis is our best blocking tight end. Byham slowed by injuries, already slow to begin with. Reuland makes the squad.
3. They wouldn't be BOLD predictions if they made perfect sense and were backed with solid information. Those are predictions:)

I wouldn't put Kyle Williams higher than #5, Manningham would produce more for us then Williams IMO. Davis is a good blocker, but Byham would be primary blocking TE, freeing up Vernon to go deep on pass plays.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This, being more than the average Zoner. I make maybe one a month. Even some of the most active posters and old timers on this board don't make threads as often as you do.

You're the Nicolas Cage of the forums. Own it.

To the break of dawn baby !!!!!!!!!!!
Jenkins is #1 go to WR by game 5.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Jenkins is #1 go to WR by game 5.

doubt it he isnt really a possession WR
Dixon will get cut. Book it.

Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I've yet to understand the reasoning behind trying to predict what will happen in the future, whether it's with a sports team or anything else. Predict the draft, predict camp battles, predict win/loss record, predict playoff potential, etc. What's the point? None if it has any relevance on what actually happens and seems like a complete waste of time and mental energy to me.

Then cancel your account and stop posting

Agreed. Go away.

So because I think predictions are a waste of time but find other news and topics here about the 49ers interesting I should close my account and stop posting. Yeah, that makes alot of sense. How is what I stated really that much different than the numerous threads I've read over the years where someone disagrees with a topic and posts, "waste of thread" or words to that effect. It seems I've touched a nerve here with some of the more zealous fans who seem to need their level of interest (in the form of making predictions) in the 49ers validated---and when someone like me disagrees with that particular level of interest, they're chastised and told to go away.

ESPN, the NFL network, and numerous other companies and people have made a cottage industry and millions of dollars in the process with their pre-draft programming predictions and hype. And did any of them even have an accurate prediction rate of 10%. I doubt it. Yeah, everyone knew Luck and Griffin were going 1 and 2. Big deal. And can anyone really tell me why Mel Kiper Jr. has a had a 28 year career at ESPN an NFL prognosticator?

On a slightly separate note, the NFL has made itself into a multi-billion dollar industry in marketing itself as a year round sport even though regular season games are only played for 4 months. The NFL network was started for this reason and it's done to increase revenue for the league, which in turn has increased the cost of everything NFL related for the fans. It's basic supply and demand. Create more hype and demand, and you can sell more merchandise and raise pricing structures, especially with ticket prices, which are a finite resource. About the only thing that's gotten less expensive for the fans is the cost of NFL Sunday Ticket which has decreased from from about $350.00 to $199.00 for the upcoming season. I guess DTV figured out that they couldn't compete with sports bars anymore at their old pricing structure. BTW, I used to work in the entertainment industry for a major film and television studio and am familiar with some of the financial structures of the sports and entertainment industry.

I predict that you got more issues in life than predicting. I can't predict height and weight for you, but a IQ prediction I got a good shot at.
Anybody have bold camp battle predictions that they'd like to share? I'll throw a couple out there for conversation:

2. Brandon Jacobs gets cut, Boobie Dixon makes the team and we carry 4 running backs. Dixon gets motivated by the competition and he can play ST well.

3. all 6 WRs make the team. Williams avoids getting the axe. Moss looks great in camp.

Not a chance in hell of BOTH of these happening. Has to be one or the other.

Well, I guess it could happen if Cartwright gets cut, but still unlikely.
Originally posted by English:
Prediction: Nick Bradley gets banned for personal attacks.

Prediction: moderator overreacts, threatens to ban people.

Prediction: Nick Bradley continues to make an infinite number of threads and by the end of the year his post count is 1 trillion
Originally posted by susweel:
KW wont ever return kicks again. But he is a better WR than Ginn. And there are plenty of guys on our roster capable of effectively returning kicks (James, Jenkins, Cox, Hunter). They just need to practice as return guys starting now. Problem with KW, he was just thrown into it (with a concussion) when Ginn got hurt. Ginn is replaceable!

Ginn is sure handed on punts and doesn't fumble to me he is worth a roster spot. Niners are not a kind of team that can get by with turnovers we have to play clean to win games.

Originally posted by susweel:
Partially agree about Parrish Cox. He will push the CB competition from the bottom though. I don't think he cracks the starting lineup... at least not until someone above him struggles.

My predictions:

- Cox takes over return duties allowing the 49ers to cut Ted Ginn (who provides zero value as a WR). Cox is a talented return guy and provides greater value as a CB than Ginn does as a WR

- At QB, Tolzien and Kap make improvement and Johnson gets cut

- B. Jacobs AND A. Dixon get cut. Hunter will get more snaps to keep Gore fresh (and Gore will handle short yardage situations, since he can do it better than anybody)

After that fiasco with that b*****d KW no way in hell does Ginn get cut.

KW wont ever return kicks again. But he is a better WR than Ginn. And there are plenty of guys on our roster capable of effectively returning kicks (James, Jenkins, Cox, Hunter). They just need to practice as return guys starting now. Problem with KW, he was just thrown into it (with a concussion) when Ginn got hurt. Ginn is replaceable!

Ginn is the best returner we've had in over 10 years, maybe ever. You don't just replace someone like that. This is one of those things where a lot of people won't know how good he was until he's gone.
Originally posted by MikeNolan:
I've yet to understand the reasoning behind trying to predict what will happen in the future, whether it's with a sports team or anything else. Predict the draft, predict camp battles, predict win/loss record, predict playoff potential, etc. What's the point? None if it has any relevance on what actually happens and seems like a complete waste of time and mental energy to me.

Then cancel your account and stop posting

Agreed. Go away.

So because I think predictions are a waste of time but find other news and topics here about the 49ers interesting I should close my account and stop posting. Yeah, that makes alot of sense. How is what I stated really that much different than the numerous threads I've read over the years where someone disagrees with a topic and posts, "waste of thread" or words to that effect. It seems I've touched a nerve here with some of the more zealous fans who seem to need their level of interest (in the form of making predictions) in the 49ers validated---and when someone like me disagrees with that particular level of interest, they're chastised and told to go away.

ESPN, the NFL network, and numerous other companies and people have made a cottage industry and millions of dollars in the process with their pre-draft programming predictions and hype. And did any of them even have an accurate prediction rate of 10%. I doubt it. Yeah, everyone knew Luck and Griffin were going 1 and 2. Big deal. And can anyone really tell me why Mel Kiper Jr. has a had a 28 year career at ESPN an NFL prognosticator?

On a slightly separate note, the NFL has made itself into a multi-billion dollar industry in marketing itself as a year round sport even though regular season games are only played for 4 months. The NFL network was started for this reason and it's done to increase revenue for the league, which in turn has increased the cost of everything NFL related for the fans. It's basic supply and demand. Create more hype and demand, and you can sell more merchandise and raise pricing structures, especially with ticket prices, which are a finite resource. About the only thing that's gotten less expensive for the fans is the cost of NFL Sunday Ticket which has decreased from from about $350.00 to $199.00 for the upcoming season. I guess DTV figured out that they couldn't compete with sports bars anymore at their old pricing structure. BTW, I used to work in the entertainment industry for a major film and television studio and am familiar with some of the financial structures of the sports and entertainment industry.

I predict that you got more issues in life than predicting. I can't predict height and weight for you, but a IQ prediction I got a good shot at.

Dude, you are way off. I was able to retire and travel the world (which included skiing the Alps for 2 years) a few years ago at the age of 45 because I never wasted too much time on things I have no control over. I think it's obvious at this point that I'm wasting too much of my retirement time on this website and should look for the next challenge. Your next challenge should be to work on your grammar.
[ Edited by GoalLineStand on May 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone