There are 212 users in the forums

Bold Camp Battle Predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
crabtree gets traded.

That is bold cuz I dont think we get good trade value for Crabs. I think more likely we release Ginn, as we can't justify keeping him on as a pure kick/punt returner for a roster spot. I see them working LaMichael James or Perrish Cox into that role...
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by English:
Prediction: Nick Bradley gets banned for personal attacks.

Prediction: moderator overreacts, threatens to ban people.

Hey man calm down, I enjoy your threads. It gives me more discussions to sift through as I go through my work day!

Clarification: calling someone a tool is a personal attack? Want to put it to the test?
Originally posted by 5280High:
Agreed, the Brown prediction is a little out there. My prediction would be Rogers, Brown, Cully, Cox, Brock, and possibly Holcomb in that order.

1) Dixon gets cut after another offseason of thinking he's on dancing with the stars when he's in the backfield.

2) Agree on the WR's, all 6 will make it. But adding to it I see us carrying 5 TE's and bringing up the Stanford TE from the PS

3) 5 RB's again, Gore, Hunter, LMJ, Jacobs and MIller... with Byham backing up at FB. And a collective sigh of relief as Norris is no longer wasting a roster spot.

4) Both OLB's make the squad, making our 53 man roster look like this:
-TE: 5 (Jennings makes 5)
-WR: 6 (Williams makes it)
-OL: 8 (Slowey makes roster at expense of Ian Williams)
-QB: 3
-RB: 5
-P: 1
-K: 1
-ST: 1 (Either Cartright or Colin Jones)
-DL: 6 (Ian Williams probably cut)
-OLB: 4 (Parys possibly cut/traded if both rookies impress)
-MLB: 4
-CB: 5
-S: 4

So, which QB are we getting rid of?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Clarification: calling someone a tool is a personal attack? Want to put it to the test?

dont let him talk to you like that.
Originally posted by susweel:

dont let him talk to you like that.

i wouldn't

Well I see you very much enjoy your authoritah. So I'll put it to rest
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by rawdel:
Bold prediction... Frank Gore does not make the 53-man roster. Based on his salary and the way they feel about his durability, and getting older, I feel like Gore could be a surprise cut. Kendall Hunter earns starting role with LaMichael James as back-up. Brandon Jacobs as short yardage/goal line back.

I love those Spidey clips.....

Big Spiderman fan....Collected "The Amazing Spiderman," " The Web of Spiderman" and "The spectacular Spiderman."comic books.
My current 53 man roster would be this.

QB- 11 Alex Smith, 1 Josh Johnson and 7 Colin Kaepernick
RB- 21 Frank Gore, 23 LaMichael James, 32 Kendall Hunter and 28 Rock Cartwright
FB- 49 Bruce Miller
WR- 15 Michael Crabtree, 84 Randy Moss, 14 Mario Manningham, 17 A.J. Jenkins and 19 Ted Ginn Jr.
TE- 85 Vernon Davis, 46 Delanie Walker and 82 Nate Byham
C- 59 Jonathan Goodwin and 62 Jason Slowey
OG- 77 Mike Iupati, 67 Daniel Kilgore, 66 Joe Looney and 78 Mike Person
OT- 74 Joe Staley, 76 Anthony Davis and 75 Alex Boone

DE- 94 Justin Smith, 91 Ray McDonald, 92 Will Tukuafu and 96 Demarcus Dobbs
NT- 90 Isaac Sopoaga, 95 Ricky Jean Francois and 93 Ian Williams
OLB- 55 Ahmad Brooks, 99 Aldon Smith, 98 Parys Haralson and 58 Darius Fleming
ILB- 52 Patrick Willis, 53 NaVorro Bowman, 54 Larry Grant and 56 Tavares Gooden
CB- 22 Carlos Rogers, 25 Tarell Brown, 29 Chris Culliver, 20 Perrish Cox and 26 Tramaine Brock
S- 38 Dashon Goldson, 31 Donte Whitner, 27 C.J. Spillman, 43 Colin Jones and 30 Trenton Robinson

PK- 2 David Akers
P- 4 Andy Lee
LS- 86 Brian Jennings

Inactives on Gamedays- QB Kaepernick, C Slowey, OG Person, DE Dobbs, NT Williams, CB Brock and S Robinson

Practice Squad- WR Owusu, TE Reuland, C Beeler, DE Masifilo, OLB Johnson, S Thomas or Nelms, OT Hall and RB Hampton

Bold predictions:

We will keep players who people think don't bring value elsewhere, but as only Special Teams when that is bs, so Gooden, Jones and Cartwright make the 53 man team.

Jacobs is cut, we don't keep 6 WRs, no room for a 6th WR unless you cut Ian Williams.

We will NOT carry only 8 OL, too risky, need 9 IMO, some teams keep 10.

Josh Johnson beats out of Tolzien, with his past relationship with Harbaugh and knowing the offense, and thus is #2 QB for 2012.

Special Teams Unit on gamedays are, RB Cartwright, RB Hunter, FB Miller, TE Byham, DE Tukuafu, OLB Fleming, ILB Grant, ILB Gooden, CB Cox, S Spillman and S Jones.

KR/PR is Ginn with Cox as backup.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
AB I like your roster but I think CK will beat out JJ for the back up job, also think we would keep another RB and not carry 5 safeties.

Anybody have bold camp battle predictions that they'd like to share? I'll throw a couple out there for conversation:

1. Perrish Cox wins the starting CB job away from Tarell Brown, Brown gets bumped to nickel, Culliver to dime. Ed Donatell was Cox's coach in Denver and the two have a close relationship, He and Coach Harbaugh have a good relationship, and Cox was being groomed to replace Champ Bailey in Denver during his rookie year.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-2/Perrish-Cox-Welcomed-with-Open-Arms/29226538-e5e3-47f3-ba2b-cef3bd91afa8

2. Brandon Jacobs gets cut, Boobie Dixon makes the team and we carry 4 running backs. Dixon gets motivated by the competition and he can play ST well.

3. all 6 WRs make the team. Williams avoids getting the axe. Moss looks great in camp.

I'll make a friendly wager with u that Cox will not be the starter beating out T. Brown when the season begins.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Anybody have bold camp battle predictions that they'd like to share? I'll throw a couple out there for conversation:

1. Perrish Cox wins the starting CB job away from Tarell Brown, Brown gets bumped to nickel, Culliver to dime. Ed Donatell was Cox's coach in Denver and the two have a close relationship, He and Coach Harbaugh have a good relationship, and Cox was being groomed to replace Champ Bailey in Denver during his rookie year.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-2/Perrish-Cox-Welcomed-with-Open-Arms/29226538-e5e3-47f3-ba2b-cef3bd91afa8

2. Brandon Jacobs gets cut, Boobie Dixon makes the team and we carry 4 running backs. Dixon gets motivated by the competition and he can play ST well.

3. all 6 WRs make the team. Williams avoids getting the axe. Moss looks great in camp.
hell no
Cox has got to play well to just make the team. He has to play tight D. So tight he'd be acquitted of sexually assaulting those wide receivers
T. Brown was average at best for us last season ... we need a corner badly and need to hope Culliver turns out to be a steal in last years draft ...
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Jacobs and Moss Cut before regular season.
Byham doesn't make the squad.
Manningham unhappy with his 4th receiver role
Share 49ersWebzone