There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Chris Owusu Make the Team in 2012?

Does Chris Owusu Make the Team in 2012?

  • MILFS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,619
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
You think kw has trade value?

Giants fans love him.



f**k KW. He cost us our 6th.

I really hope that Owusu beats out KW for the last WR spot.
I see it like this, but who knows what JH staff is really thinking...

Crabtree
Moss
AJ Jenkins
Kyle Williams
Owusu
Ginn
Manningham

Manningham is a veteran but is nothing special-otherwise we would have signed him to greater than a two year deal. Ginn...the niners have brought a lot of people in as returners so he is on the fringe, that is his only use as he doesn't have hands as a wr and is not that tall. If the niners go with 6 it'll be because the others don't pan out on ST. Owusu may not be placed on the ps because someone may scoop him up like we did with Tolz. He will be be place on the 53 man roster but not on the active 47 man roster. This will allow him to recover like some have said and I hope so also. He needs time to heal his whole body and mind, this will keep him hungry. Moss may have lost a step, all that means is that instead of running 4.3 + he is running 4.4 +, which is still fast and given his 6'4" size and experience, he is more dangerous than Manningham or Ginn will ever be. Plus, I don't think teams are going to want to chance it on finding out if he has lost it. I know that our previous experiements didn't pan out, but they don't even compare to Moss. Again Moss, I feel is truly rejunvenated and realized what he missed.
Originally posted by susweel:
Practice squad if he can stay concussion free.

This
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think he bumps Williams out as the #5 reciever.

#! Moss
#2 Crabree
#3 Jenkins
#4 Ginn
#5 Owusu

I really would hate to see that.....Williams is a very talented slot reciever. I hate to lose long term talent for guys like Moss or Ginn that are probably one and done.

Bottom line that comes first for me right now is the short-term. If guys like Moss and Ginn give us a better chance of getting ring # 6 ??? Then that takes priority over worrying about developing a couple younglings.

Like others have said, I'd like to see Owusu make it to the PS, assuming he earns it. I wouldn't want him taking shots to the head for a while or taking up a spot on the 53 just to be inactive anyway.
Not only does Owusu make the team, he becomes the Doug Baldwin and Victor Cruz of this years draft. A productive UDFA receiver that leaves all of the draft pundits and GMs saying we drafted who in round 7 when we could have had 4.39 second 40 yard WR Owusu!!
In this order:

1/2 - Crabs
1/2 - A. J.
3 - Manningham
4 - Williams
5 - Owusu
6 - Moss

I don't see us keeping more than 6 WR's, but I think it'l just be 5 and Moss is out. I think Ginn gets cut and Owusu makes it.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on May 13, 2012 at 7:35 AM ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think he bumps Williams out as the #5 reciever.

#! Moss
#2 Crabree
#3 Jenkins
#4 Ginn
#5 Owusu

I really would hate to see that.....Williams is a very talented slot reciever. I hate to lose long term talent for guys like Moss or Ginn that are probably one and done.

Bottom line that comes first for me right now is the short-term. If guys like Moss and Ginn give us a better chance of getting ring # 6 ??? Then that takes priority over worrying about developing a couple younglings.

Like others have said, I'd like to see Owusu make it to the PS, assuming he earns it. I wouldn't want him taking shots to the head for a while or taking up a spot on the 53 just to be inactive anyway.

I dont disagree and in no way was implying that we should cut Moss or Ginn. In fact, with the way that Moss has come into camp, I wouldn't be suprised if we extended him. WIth that said, I dont see Owusu being safe on our practice squad and its always a shame to lose young talent, if he is infact talented.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I dont disagree and in no way was implying that we should cut Moss or Ginn. In fact, with the way that Moss has come into camp, I wouldn't be suprised if we extended him. WIth that said, I dont see Owusu being safe on our practice squad and its always a shame to lose young talent, if he is infact talented.
Agreed. Putting Owusu on the PS exposes him. We are not going to be able to hide him there. I really see him making it and Ginn getting the ax.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I dont disagree and in no way was implying that we should cut Moss or Ginn. In fact, with the way that Moss has come into camp, I wouldn't be suprised if we extended him. WIth that said, I dont see Owusu being safe on our practice squad and its always a shame to lose young talent, if he is infact talented.
Agreed. Putting Owusu on the PS exposes him. We are not going to be able to hide him there. I really see him making it and Ginn getting the ax.

Yeah, I'd probably be down to cut Ginn. I think he's overrated as a punt returner (on the Zone) and he is a below average WR.
If Owusu makes 53 it means he out performed Williams. As much as I like Kyle...if that happens, I wll wish him luck.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
If Owusu makes 53 it means he out performed Williams. As much as I like Kyle...if that happens, I wll wish him luck.

If we can find a legit KR and PR guy, I'd much rather have Williams at wr than Ginn. I dont have any fire power to debate it, but I see a lot of potential in KW.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
In this order:

1/2 - Crabs
1/2 - A. J.
3 - Manningham
4 - Williams
5 - Owusu
6 - Moss

I don't see us keeping more than 6 WR's, but I think it'l just be 5 and Moss is out. I think Ginn gets cut and Owusu makes it.

Moss and Ginn cut?

LOL

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
If Owusu makes 53 it means he out performed Williams. As much as I like Kyle...if that happens, I wll wish him luck.

If we can find a legit KR and PR guy, I'd much rather have Williams at wr than Ginn. I dont have any fire power to debate it, but I see a lot of potential in KW.

So do I. I do not think Owusu beats him, but if he does, I am okay with it. As for Moss being one and done, if we were talking about the #3 wr, then I would be concerned about the future, but for a guy that could impact every offensive snap?

There was talk about our new hb being able to do special teams as well. We will see. We probably carry 6 wrs this season.
[ Edited by Jakemall on May 13, 2012 at 8:13 AM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Moss and Ginn cut?

LOL

Trolling? Whatever Bro. I see that term used so much that it's losing it's meaning. Glad to see that you actually posted an opinion.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
I really don't care what he did on the Minnesota or Tennessee last year and I don't see how you can think that is indicative of what he is capable of. To answer your question, because he's a motivated and healthy Randy Moss on a winning, structured team with great leadership and a great locker room and he is going to a have a full offseason of Harbaughzation.

Randy Moss has never been fully motivated - yet suddenly you think he is? And you don't see what his last season playing is indicative of...because he was awesome a few years ago?