There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Chris Owusu Make the Team in 2012?

Does Chris Owusu Make the Team in 2012?

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by susweel:
Well if we can judge after today I'd say he's a first ballot Hall of Famer.

but Jerry Rice sucked his first year

This guy better than Jerry Rice. RIce was slow this guy is 4.3 speed.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by susweel:
Well if we can judge after today I'd say he's a first ballot Hall of Famer.

but Jerry Rice sucked his first year

This guy better than Jerry Rice. RIce was slow this guy is 4.3 speed.

Jerry Rice always said he didn't run fast during timed races because no one was chasing him
Doubtful.

With upcoming litigations over concussions he may be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Too bad, I really like what he brings to the table.
Barring injury to another player, if Owusu makes the roster, I think that would mean another lower-depth player could be getting traded or cut (possibly KW). In my opinion, the depth chart right now is:

1. Crabtree
2. Moss
3. Manningham
4. Jenkins
5. Ginn
6. Williams
7. Owusu
8. Swain
9. Matthews
10. Palmer
11. Tyms
12. Hastings
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM ]
i think owusu's way onto the roster is if he beats Kyle williams and or Ginn depending on how many WR we keep. as a receiver williams is pretty good, owusu can be very good when healthy and he is taller than both of these guys. can also return kicks if they want him to. i think it all depends on how good ginn looks as an actual receiver.
No
I thought it was interesting that Palmer got a $10,000 signing bonus and Owusu got a $3,000 signing bonus.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,520
I do not know if he makes the team or not.

I really worry about his health.

I almost hope that he decides not to continue playing football.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Barring injury to another player, if Owusu makes the roster, I think that would mean another lower-depth player could be getting traded or cut (possibly KW). In my opinion, the depth chart right now is:

1. Crabtree
2. Moss
3. Manningham
4. Jenkins
5. Ginn
6. Williams
7. Owusu
8. Swain
9. Matthews
10. Palmer
11. Tyms
12. Hastings

You think kw has trade value?
If he can play special teams...maybe. He can return kickoffs, but I'd be scared to see him on coverage units due to his concussion history. Unless he tears it up during camp/pre-season, I think he's better served on the PS squad this year.
He absolutely makes the practice squad for sure IMO. And his upside is really big. Good size and great speed. He just needs to rest that head for a full year. I'd say no hits for him this season would be best. It's probably not best for him to go up against Goldson in full pads.... Less hits in preseason, games, and even on the practice squad would be best. Just work on routes, caching and rest those concussions. Obviously that will be hard to do and make the team. It's kind of counter to what you need to do to make the team. I just think the upside is tremendous if you can give him a year of rest. Fast AJ Jenkins and Owusu can both be the future. That's ideal IMO.

I have no idea if it will workout but I think he makes the practice squad almost no matter what he does because of his upside alone.
Originally posted by toeshawn:
You think kw has trade value?

Giants fans love him.
Nice thread Nick! I look forward to your posts and enjoy seeing new threads. I find it exciting to see how commited you are as a fan to continue to post on such a frequent basis. The knowledge you drop to us noobs is priceless. It's as if I was living under a rock trying to figure out who makes the team? Then BOOM! Nickbradley posts another gem and I'm ready to go tell my friends all about it, as if I knew all along. Thank you!!!
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Nice thread Nick! I look forward to your posts and enjoy seeing new threads. I find it exciting to see how commited you are as a fan to continue to post on such a frequent basis. The knowledge you drop to us noobs is priceless. It's as if I was living under a rock trying to figure out who makes the team? Then BOOM! Nickbradley posts another gem and I'm ready to go tell my friends all about it, as if I knew all along. Thank you!!!



Does he really start that many threads? Out of the past 100 or so threads he's started 4 or 5. Tough crowd here on the zone lol.
It's a very tough call, if there is any hint of concussions during training camp and pre season Owusu will be cut on the spot. The ability is there but maybe the risk is too great, he has a Stanford degree which can open many doors. In the end it's just not worth the risk.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home