There are 163 users in the forums

Does Chris Owusu Make the Team in 2012?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Chris Owusu Make the Team in 2012?

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I agree with some of that.

Moss hasn't been a factor on any team for the last 2 or 3 years. And I don't think the 9ers want to waste a roster spot on another Braylon Edwards. Moss is not a lock to make the team by any stretch.

But, I also don't think he has to be the #2 to make the team. I don't even think the 9ers are thinking of him as a #2. If he's regained some of his speed and commitment then I think he can be valuable as a #3 or #4. He doesn't need to be on the field every play. He shouldn't be on the field every play because he won't block like we need our WRs to. But he can come on in 3 WR sets, get first downs, create some big plays, and score some TDs.

I think it shapes up like this:

Locks
Crabtree (starter)
Manningham (starter)
Jenkins (1st round pick)
Ginn (KR/PR)

Competing for 1 or 2 spots
Moss
Williams
Owusu

I think Moss and Williams make it and Owusu goes on the practice squad. But I would not be shocked to see any one of them not make the final roster.

LOL @ anyone thinking Moss will not make the team. He adds GREAT hands, GREAT speed, GREAT leaping ability, GREAT teammate, and something we haven't seen in years, a HUGE redzone target. He will be on the team, period.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think he bumps Williams out as the #5 reciever.

#! Moss
#2 Crabree
#3 Jenkins
#4 Ginn
#5 Owusu

I really would hate to see that.....Williams is a very talented slot reciever. I hate to lose long term talent for guys like Moss or Ginn that are probably one and done.
He starts the season on PS but moves up before the season is over and then ends up on ir. Crabtree and ginn both had injuries last year and moss hasn't played in a while. Maningham is soft also.
you ask a lot of questions
Originally posted by jreff22:

You complain a lot
Originally posted by nickbradley:

You complain a lot
The funny part about this is both of these are true!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

You complain a lot
The funny part about this is both of these are true!

objective questioning isnt complaining

You complain a lot
stop making threads and you will see a different result
haha seems like the OP has a lot of haters...from the few threads I've noticed him authoring, i think he does a decent job. this thread isn't totally redundant since it has some cool highlight vids...hadn't seen cox's, so thumbs up for that!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Owusu could make the team

I think so. Playing time is a different story.

You dislike thread creation, content production in general.

I don't understand it. The business model for sites like this is for users to create a ton of content thmselves, and the site owner gets more ad revenue.

You prefer obnoxious setup where you have 900 page threads with multiple conversations occuring simultaneously. Constantly clicking next. It's dumb...

You dislike thread creation, content production in general.

I don't understand it. The business model for sites like this is for users to create a ton of content thmselves, and the site owner gets more ad revenue.

You prefer obnoxious setup where you have 900 page threads with multiple conversations occuring simultaneously. Constantly clicking next. It's dumb...

The model is to have a clear site, not one where 50 new threads on already discussed topics are recreated. This could of gone in 2-3 other existing threads.
The model is to have a clear site, not one where 50 new threads on already discussed topics are recreated. This could of gone in 2-3 other existing threads.

Sorry I overlooked the other 'Will Chris Owusu make the roster?" thread.

And 50, really?
  • Nuns
  • Veteran

Sorry I overlooked the other 'Will Chris Owusu make the roster?" thread.

And 50, really?

It's pretty Brilliant. There are 80 some odd possible threads from this one. Will Damarcus Dobbs make the team? And on down the line.
Share 49ersWebzone