There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Chris Owusu Make the Team in 2012?

Does Chris Owusu Make the Team in 2012?

  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,814
I think the real question mark will be whether Moss makes the team. He has to be clearly better than his competitors, or the 49ers will choose a younger receiver to replace him. If Moss isn't a top 2 receiver, I don't think the team will keep him. Better to have youth and special team value.
Originally posted by fryet:
I think the real question mark will be whether Moss makes the team. He has to be clearly better than his competitors, or the 49ers will choose a younger receiver to replace him. If Moss isn't a top 2 receiver, I don't think the team will keep him. Better to have youth and special team value.

Lol no way they cut Moss before the season dude.
Originally posted by susweel:
Practice squad if he can stay concussion free.

Agree
I'll take him over Swain.



  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,062
Don't know much about him but I'm pretty sure the hype is because he went to Stanford. See Fleener.
Moss is absolutely making this team. I dont understand why there is so much hate for him on here. The dude is a HOF, and people here actually think a couple of rookies with no NFL experience can somehow beat him out?
Originally posted by Amir:
Don't know much about him but I'm pretty sure the hype is because he went to Stanford. See Fleener.

6 ft 2, 4.34 40, 41 inch vertical, good hands, knows the system...
Moss now > Darrell Jackson when he was here....
Originally posted by fryet:
I think the real question mark will be whether Moss makes the team. He has to be clearly better than his competitors, or the 49ers will choose a younger receiver to replace him. If Moss isn't a top 2 receiver, I don't think the team will keep him. Better to have youth and special team value.

I agree with some of that.

Moss hasn't been a factor on any team for the last 2 or 3 years. And I don't think the 9ers want to waste a roster spot on another Braylon Edwards. Moss is not a lock to make the team by any stretch.

But, I also don't think he has to be the #2 to make the team. I don't even think the 9ers are thinking of him as a #2. If he's regained some of his speed and commitment then I think he can be valuable as a #3 or #4. He doesn't need to be on the field every play. He shouldn't be on the field every play because he won't block like we need our WRs to. But he can come on in 3 WR sets, get first downs, create some big plays, and score some TDs.

I think it shapes up like this:

Locks
Crabtree (starter)
Manningham (starter)
Jenkins (1st round pick)
Ginn (KR/PR)

Competing for 1 or 2 spots
Moss
Williams
Owusu

I think Moss and Williams make it and Owusu goes on the practice squad. But I would not be shocked to see any one of them not make the final roster.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by fryet:
I think the real question mark will be whether Moss makes the team. He has to be clearly better than his competitors, or the 49ers will choose a younger receiver to replace him. If Moss isn't a top 2 receiver, I don't think the team will keep him. Better to have youth and special team value.

Lol no way they cut Moss before the season dude.
Why would you say that? He was cut or traded 3 times 2010 and didn't play in 2011. Plus, his contract has no guaranteed money. If he plays like he did in Tennessee he won't make the final roster.

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2012/3/14/2870136/randy-moss-contract-49ers-salary-cap
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Why would you say that? He was cut or traded 3 times 2010 and didn't play in 2011. Plus, his contract has no guaranteed money. If he plays like he did in Tennessee he won't make the final roster.

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2012/3/14/2870136/randy-moss-contract-49ers-salary-cap

I really don't care what he did on the Minnesota or Tennessee last year and I don't see how you can think that is indicative of what he is capable of. To answer your question, because he's a motivated and healthy Randy Moss on a winning, structured team with great leadership and a great locker room and he is going to a have a full offseason of Harbaughzation.
[ Edited by DirtyP on May 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Crabtree
Moss
Manningham
Jenkins
Ginn

Kyle Williams vs. Chris Owusu ----------> Winner = #6 receiver

That sounds right. Williams fate may have already been decided.
Originally posted by hateroids84:
Moss is absolutely making this team. I dont understand why there is so much hate for him on here. The dude is a HOF, and people here actually think a couple of rookies with no NFL experience can somehow beat him out?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no
Originally posted by 49erSooner:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never liked the dude, but that m-fer can play FOOTBALL. And i love him on our team, i busted a nutt when he joined, him at 10% is like 80% of all other NFL wideouts in the NFL at their best
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home