There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's gonna be our starting two WRs ?

Who's gonna be our starting two WRs ?

Originally posted by 49Perspectives:
Man... even 9er fans are sleeping on Moss. It'll easily be Moss & Crabs. Manningham, Jenkins , & Williams rotating in the slot.

Crabtree and Moss. It'll be kind of like when Moss and Cris Carter played together on the Vikings IMO.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Crabtree and Moss. It'll be kind of like when Moss and Cris Carter played together on the Vikings IMO.

Many a Niner fans' nut would be busted if that wet dream scenario unfolds.

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Firstly, would Moss REALLY come out of retirement if he didn't think/know he was going to start?

I doubt it.

Secondly, I don't think you can't base your projections this year off of 2010. It was very apparent that 2010 wasn't the result of diminishing skills, it was the result of Randy NOT GIVING A FVCK. His heart and head just weren't in the game that season, so he wasn't trying.

I think sitting out 2011 was actually a boon for him, gave him a chance to freshen up those legs and rejuvenate himself for this year.

I'll be shocked if he's not #1 going into the season.

No aging player can admit to themselves that they aren't as good as they used to be. I'm sure Randy sees himself as the best WR on the team. Doesn't mean its true. But I agree, if he isn't going to start... I doubt he is with the team for the season opener.

Perhaps he is as good as ever... but even Jerry Rice wasn't the same in his final playing years. But you are smoking something if you think we got a #1 WR for less than $2M with zero guarantees. Everybody in this league wants to win. If he was really going to be a solid starter, someone would have offered him much more.
[ Edited by blm7754 on May 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM ]

son you do know players age ?

Dont expect much from Moss dude 35 took a year off. NFL is not kind to old washed up WRs.
Originally posted by susweel:

Dont expect much from Moss dude 35 took a year off. NFL is not kind to old washed up WRs.

Son, do you know how old jerry Rice was last time he got 1200 yards?

The "washed up" is in your mind. Word is Moss looks in good shape. Up to him now if he still has it. But if he wants it, anno domini isn't going to stop him.
Originally posted by English:

The "washed up" is in your mind. Word is Moss looks in good shape. Up to him now if he still has it. But if he wants it, anno domini isn't going to stop him.

Moss dont have Jerry's work ethic and he never quit on teams.
Moss dont have Jerry's work ethic and he never quit on teams.

You make statements like that knowing nothing about how good or bad his work ethic CURRENTLY is. People can also change you know. Maybe being a part of a team that is on the verge of winning a superbowl with a solid group of guys in the locker room, and some great competition is what he needs to be motivated.

Everything since he came here would lead to the conclusion that he is working hard and looking like the Moss of old. We have not heard or seen anything yet that should lead us to believe Moss isn't going to work hard.

[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on May 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

Exactly! Moss has rarely taken any hits and I don't recall him ever having any critical injury. Dude is fresh, thin, and ready to fly.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

Exactly! Moss has rarely taken any hits and I don't recall him ever having any critical injury. Dude is fresh, thin, and ready to fly.

I don't why these cats are sleeping on Sir Randall Moss. No worries, all the more crow to serve when he takes the league by storm...AGAIN.

Straight cash, homie
I'm calling it now.....Swain and the re-emergence of Zeigler.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I would vomit and stop watching
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I would vomit and stop watching

Dont worry, Zeigler's bed buddy Sully has gone to Jacksonville.
Y'all are being homers about Moss... We aren't the only team he worked out for. We aren't the only team looking for WRs. We got him for chump change! That speaks louder than anything about what we should expect.