LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have the *fastest receiving corps in the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
It's odd how his deep passes to Vernon are pinpoint accurate. I think what really squandered our vertical passing game was the inadequate speed and route running abilities of our WRs. That's my take though, we'll see how things work out this year now that it's been addressed.

It's a lack of confidence im his receivers...other than Morgan.

That will change this year
Again, that's two WRs. And maclin runs a 4.4.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Originally posted by cNiner:
AJ Jenkins, has huge hands 9.5 , Jeffries has bigger hands but way slower runs a 4.8 or something like that won't get seperation. We got a steal in the end of the first round. just like last year when everyone b***hed and complined about the pick , I was one of them .

I heard that having huge hands shaves off an additional .2 seconds off your 40 time. Therefore, Jenkins really ran a 4.5, but his extra long fingers crossed the line .2 seconds before he did.
LOL I found this hilarious.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by PSYKO5:
give me hands

Manningham isn't very consitent in that category which was why Belachick wanted to force Manningham to be the one to make a play for NYG. Good thing Eli didn't care of his inconsistencies and "trusted" him.

LOL backhanded Smith blast. You are a one trick pony right now.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Crabtree is probably 4.7

lol... he wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round with a time like that. He's a 4.5 guy.

Doesn't play fast though thats for sure.

He never ran 40 before the draft because of his foot injury.

He's faster than a 4.7 Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ is has 3.16 forty time.
Yes, but that's "unofficial" though.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by PSYKO5:
give me hands

Manningham isn't very consitent in that category which was why Belachick wanted to force Manningham to be the one to make a play for NYG. Good thing Eli didn't care of his inconsistencies and "trusted" him.

LOL backhanded Smith blast. You are a one trick pony right now.

Let's completely ignore the elephant in the room and that's Alex's hesitancy. He must show this year that he won't hesitate and if he does well, we will be blowing teams out.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
The Steelers?

They only have two fast WRs
With all due respect. only 1 out of the 5 you named has a chance to catch ATLEAST 25 balls for us. And he's a rookie.

So unless Harbaugh needs someone to run down and get the attention of a referee to throw a challenge flag, 4 of those guys' speed means diddly poo! Well, except Ginn in the return game.

lol, I wonder who the fastest bench warmer will be for the 49ers.
Nobody on here knows enough about every WR core in the NFL and the 40 times (as you are using this as opposed to "gamespeed"). Well, I hope no knows every teams WR 40 times. If so, get a damn life.

Oh yeah, 40 times don't matter. Ask my boy Jerry.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Nobody on here knows enough about every WR core in the NFL and the 40 times (as you are using this as opposed to "gamespeed"). Well, I hope no knows every teams WR 40 times. If so, get a damn life.

Oh yeah, 40 times don't matter. Ask my boy Jerry.
Who Jerry Springer? What does he know about 40 times? j/k
[ Edited by PA49ersfan on May 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM ]
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
I am guessing a 5.0
At best...Think that he is in the range of Mallett.

lets just wait till the madden ratings come out. that will solve EVERYTHING!
Crabtree is probably 4.7

Yep, and that is exactly why he didn't run at the combine. Crabs and his agent knew he wasn't fast and he would fall way down in the 1st round. So they devised a plan to fake an injury. He also didn't have pro day so any team drafting would have only game tape to go on.

Pretty clever, they duped McCloughan.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
The Steelers?

They only have two fast WRs
With all due respect. only 1 out of the 5 you named has a chance to catch ATLEAST 25 balls for us. And he's a rookie.

So unless Harbaugh needs someone to run down and get the attention of a referee to throw a challenge flag, 4 of those guys' speed means diddly poo! Well, except Ginn in the return game.

lol, I wonder who the fastest bench warmer will be for the 49ers.

Anthony Dixon. He sure does find his way fast to high five a player after he is ready to sit down and the NFL camera is always there to catch him on the screen.

Dixon: if the camera is there, so am I.
Dont worry Alex will be benched and Kap will lead us to the super bowl.

If Smith gets benched, it means that the 49ers will be in a deep hole. Good luck with making it to the SB this season or next.
Again, that's two WRs. And maclin runs a 4.4.

To everyone's point on naming two fast guys. Even as a measurable having the fastest 5 recievers doesn't trump having the fastest two. Since high end passing teams don't even average three recievers per play. Last year we averaged less than two recievers per play. And in truth that was because walker and davis were often paired together and they are both speed freaks.
Share 49ersWebzone