LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 128 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have the *fastest receiving corps in the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
not.even.close
Originally posted by susweel:
Crabtree is probably 4.7

lol... he wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round with a time like that. He's a 4.5 guy.

Doesn't play fast though thats for sure.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by blm7754:
Crabtree is probably 4.7

lol... he wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round with a time like that. He's a 4.5 guy.

He never ran 40 before the draft because of his foot injury.
Crabtree is probably 4.7

He's faster than a 4.7 Jesus Christ
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Crabtree is probably 4.7

Jesus Christ is has 3.16 forty time.
I don't understand how you guys think Crabs doesn't play fast. He plays very fast. What is slowing him down is how he runs the routes. The moment this guy catches the ball, he quickly turns upfield fast and has the quicks to makes moves and gain yards.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
I thought the Packers had the fastest receivers the last couple of years. I think we're getting up there, though.

Yea game speed-wise, the packers look fast. Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson and even old man Driver can stretch the field and get seperation...
Crabtree is probably 4.7

Jesus Christ is has 3.16 forty time.

Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
I thought the Packers had the fastest receivers the last couple of years. I think we're getting up there, though.

Yea game speed-wise, the packers look fast. Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson and even old man Driver can stretch the field and get seperation...

Or maybe the ball gets there quicker prior to the DB closing in.
The packers! Or steelers. Or raiders

I'd give that title to either the raiders, steelers or maybe even the eagles.

I think the Seahawks have the slowest.
Originally posted by krizay:
With all due respect. only 1 out of the 5 you named has a chance to catch ATLEAST 25 balls for us. And he's a rookie.

So unless Harbaugh needs someone to run down and get the attention of a referee to throw a challenge flag, 4 of those guys' speed means diddly poo! Well, except Ginn in the return game.

^Geez,Mr. Optimistic here. Our WR core is amazing. People supporting Alex, I ask you this. What would an elite QB do with this WR core? (don't get me wrong I support our QB) I think they would dominate!! I expect Alex to have a big year maybe 30 TDs this year. Not so much concerned with the yds because we will pound the football at you. People bashing Crabs, the kid usually breaks a way in the open field when he gets the chance for a big gain. I could see him running in the 4.5 range this year if he's healthy and took care of himself this off season. He sees the additions around him, there is no room for him to slack anymore.

why do you assume that? Boldin ran a 4.7
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Alex better tighten up that spiral and get the ball downfield. Nothing squanders a receiving corps' vertical threat like an inadequate arm. Not sure how much its improved, but Alex will need to work on this deep ball accuracy as well (maybe not with Moss, since he can mask it with his agility and leaping ability).

It's odd how his deep passes to Vernon are pinpoint accurate. I think what really squandered our vertical passing game was the inadequate speed and route running abilities of our WRs. That's my take though, we'll see how things work out this year now that it's been addressed.
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on May 1, 2012 at 11:30 AM ]
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Alex better tighten up that spiral and get the ball downfield. Nothing squanders a receiving corps' vertical threat like an inadequate arm. Not sure how much its improved, but Alex will need to work on this deep ball accuracy as well (maybe not with Moss, since he can mask it with his agility and leaping ability).

It's odd how his deep passes to Vernon are pinpoint accurate. I think what really squandered our vertical passing game was the inadequate speed and route running abilities of our WRs. That's my take though, we'll see how things work out this year now that it's been addressed.

I think Alex not wanting to make the tighter throws with defenders sandwiching played a role in that.
Share 49ersWebzone