LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have the *fastest receiving corps in the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am looking for a QB that can hit these fast receivers with the ball on their hands and chest.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
I am looking for a QB that can hit these fast receivers with the ball on their hands and chest.

Keep looking. You won't find what your looking for here. LOL!

Ted Ginn misran a few deep routes last year.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
The Steelers?

They only have two fast WRs
With all due respect. only 1 out of the 5 you named has a chance to catch ATLEAST 25 balls for us. And he's a rookie.

So unless Harbaugh needs someone to run down and get the attention of a referee to throw a challenge flag, 4 of those guys' speed means diddly poo! Well, except Ginn in the return game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

were we in upper division of most dropped balls in the nfl last year?i guess that is the fault of alex sorry i can not figure out that logic.i could ask you to look at crabs showing vs the saints when he dropped about 4 in the chest, but you can counter with a alex post and then we can go around and around
AJ Jenkins, has huge hands 9.5 , Jeffries has bigger hands but way slower runs a 4.8 or something like that won't get seperation. We got a steal in the end of the first round. just like last year when everyone b***hed and complined about the pick , I was one of them .
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

were we in upper division of most dropped balls in the nfl last year?i guess that is the fault of alex sorry i can not figure out that logic.i could ask you to look at crabs showing vs the saints when he dropped about 4 in the chest, but you can counter with a alex post and then we can go around and around

You need to relax bro. Did you not see the LOL!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
Crabtree is probably 4.7

He runs around a 4.5

Nobody knows for sure but he is probably the slowest WR on the team.
I thought the Packers had the fastest receivers the last couple of years. I think we're getting up there, though.
Originally posted by krizay:
With all due respect. only 1 out of the 5 you named has a chance to catch ATLEAST 25 balls for us. And he's a rookie.

So unless Harbaugh needs someone to run down and get the attention of a referee to throw a challenge flag, 4 of those guys' speed means diddly poo! Well, except Ginn in the return game.

I didn't say anything about that...just speed

Originally posted by susweel:
Crabtree is probably 4.7

I am guessing a 5.0
Alex better tighten up that spiral and get the ball downfield. Nothing squanders a receiving corps' vertical threat like an inadequate arm. Not sure how much its improved, but Alex will need to work on this deep ball accuracy as well (maybe not with Moss, since he can mask it with his agility and leaping ability).
according to a quick google search ive got CraBtree 40 times at 4.4 or 4.5. One place said he hasnt had his 40 time clocked since high school
I think so. Including Owusu, who does have a shot at making the 53-man roster and will be PS if he doesn't. Here is what it looks like:

Michael Crabtree, age 24, 40yard - 4.5 sec. (estimate)

Mario Manningham, age 25, 40yard - 4.59 sec. or better

Randy Moss, age 35, 40yard - 4.4 sec.

AJ Jenkins, age 22, 40yard - 4.38 sec. -- rumor of a 4.31

Kyle Williams, age 23, 40yard - 4.43 sec.

Ted Ginn Jr, age 27, 40yard - 4.38 sec or better

Chris Owusu, age 22, 40yard - 4.31 - 4.36 sec

I can't think of any team with more speed than the 49ers. Its really shocking because we were thought of as one of the slowest offenses only last season...
The following are times that I have come across online. Who knows how accurate they may be, take them with a grain of salt. I'd like to think all of the fastest times for our guys are plenty accurate.lol.

I think Crabtree is around 4.48-4.5 and he plays at about that speed. I believe he is still recovering from that foot injury and will only get faster.

I know Manningham ran 4.59 at combine, but I have seen times of 4.39 and 4.48 for Manningham. I'd say he plays at about a 4.40 too.

Didn't Moss recently run like a 4.39 at the Saints workout? Hope he still can play with that kind of speed.

Jenkins is a burner for sure, reminds me of Mike Wallace.

Kyle Williams plays like his 4.43 time from the combine. He's real quick too.

Ted Ginn has said he's run a 4.22. I think he might have been hampered with an injury when he ran 4.38-4.39 at combine or pro day too. Also he takes a bit of time to get to full speed being a long strider. He is the fastest guy in the league at top gear. He was jogging away from Earl Thomas on the kickoff return last year. I've seen an unofficial 100 meter time of 10.02 seconds for him.

Chris Owusu has burners and is one hell of an athlete. He has a shot at the roster, just hopefully he can move on from concussions.

And just for fun.....Nathan Palmer the UDFA ran a 4.34. Still getting cut doe.

Our Db's actually have decent speed. Rogers ran in 4.3's coming out. I think 4.44 officially at combine. Tarrell Brown ran 4.45. Culliver is a 4.3's guys, 4.40 at combine. Fastest 40 I've seen for Goldson was 4.53, which is the same as Ed Reed's. Donte Whitner ran between 4.28-4.37 at his pro day, but low 4.4's at combine.

So we have some fast timed guys, but at the end of the day it's all about football speed and football players. But it is fun to talk about speed.
Originally posted by cNiner:
AJ Jenkins, has huge hands 9.5 , Jeffries has bigger hands but way slower runs a 4.8 or something like that won't get seperation. We got a steal in the end of the first round. just like last year when everyone b***hed and complined about the pick , I was one of them .

I heard that having huge hands shaves off an additional .2 seconds off your 40 time. Therefore, Jenkins really ran a 4.5, but his extra long fingers crossed the line .2 seconds before he did.
Share 49ersWebzone