LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

2012 Footbal School Pics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
hey guys,, real quick,,,, is what they are doing now with this conditioning stuff different than what they were doing two years ago?Did some things change in regards to OTA"s and what is allowed in the aftermath of the strike last year?? thank you

I think so. Is has to do with coaching contact and the amount of practices in pads.

From the Post-Gazette:
According to the new CBA, teams can no longer have two-a-day practices at training camp, even though some teams already have done so in the past. The Steelers very rarely, if ever, have two practices in pads on the same day at Saint Vincent College.

Teams still are allowed to have a session in the morning and a practice in the afternoon, but those morning practices will be nothing more than a walk-through, which means players will show up in shorts and T-shirts but no equipment, not even helmets.

Rooney said the players will get more days off during the season and practice in pads only one day a week. When they get to the final five weeks of the regular season, teams can practice in pads one day a week in only three of those weeks. That means they will not practices in pads in two of those five weeks.

In addition to in-season reductions, the offseason practice schedule has been cut back, as well. Offseason training activities -- commonly known as OTAs -- have been reduced from 14 to 10 weeks.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Look at coach. That is a nice three step drop.

How in the world can you possibly know that's a 3 step drop? video? maybe?

looks like a 5 to me... unless he started at the 48yd line
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oscar:
I think so. Is has to do with coaching contact and the amount of practices in pads.

From the Post-Gazette:
According to the new CBA, teams can no longer have two-a-day practices at training camp, even though some teams already have done so in the past. The Steelers very rarely, if ever, have two practices in pads on the same day at Saint Vincent College.

Teams still are allowed to have a session in the morning and a practice in the afternoon, but those morning practices will be nothing more than a walk-through, which means players will show up in shorts and T-shirts but no equipment, not even helmets.

Rooney said the players will get more days off during the season and practice in pads only one day a week. When they get to the final five weeks of the regular season, teams can practice in pads one day a week in only three of those weeks. That means they will not practices in pads in two of those five weeks.

In addition to in-season reductions, the offseason practice schedule has been cut back, as well. Offseason training activities -- commonly known as OTAs -- have been reduced from 14 to 10 weeks.

thank you Oscar. you are a good citizen
Great pics and videos!
Originally posted by mkmasn:

7 step drop, without a doubt
Originally posted by susweel:
That boy's delivery is ugly. I guess JH was right when he said he wasn't gonna have him change it.

i agree that it is ugly but imagine how far and fast he can zing it out. looks like he is going to bomb it far
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

With a couple of hitches for a long bomb.... how can anyone tell by the pic

LOL how much you want to bet that high pass to Crabs was from Alex, and the perfectly placed ball to Moss was also by Alex. Crabs-Alex Chemistry <<<<<
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

With a couple of hitches for a long bomb.... how can anyone tell by the pic

In another picture I saw there was what appeared to be a black back about 5 yards in front of him, so that is why I assumed a 3 step drop. Don't see it in this picture.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Method:
That isn't Ginn.

It is everyone's favorite WR Kyle Williams.

next time he does that, i hope he jumps so high he just floats away, never to return as a niner

this

I guess he carried that pitching form to the NFL.. Kaep looks like he's about to throw a baseball and not a football, but im pretty sure either way its a strike haha.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
LOL how much you want to bet that high pass to Crabs was from Alex, and the perfectly placed ball to Moss was also by Alex. Crabs-Alex Chemistry <<<<<

How is practice under Harbaugh different than under Singletary?
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:

Singletary's practice=6-10

Harbaugh's practice = 13-3

You should pay more attention...
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:

Singletary Practices = Tony Robinson Seminars

Harbaugh Practices = Actual Football Practices
Share 49ersWebzone