There are 181 users in the forums

PYMWYMI, 2012-2013 Edition (Year 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Throw me in with the 11-5 group.
12-4. NFC West Champs and Super Bowl #6
Originally posted by FnkyPhantom:
10-6 or 11-5. Agree with a lot of you that the schedule for 2012 is going to be rough, and no way SF sneaks up on anyone this year. Niners have a Super Bowl caliber defense and special teams. But offense is just so-so, and new weapons won't really change that. Loved Alex's TD/INT ratio last year, but his receivers want him to "throw them open" instead of throwing only when they are open. Too many check-downs, but that's what Harbaugh wants; a risk averse offense. Maybe another trip to the NFC Championship game, but offense has to become more explosive and less predictable. Could see a slight step backwards in 2012, but not much

One pick, por favor.

Originally posted by tohara3:
12-4. NFC West Champs and Super Bowl #6

About right.
  • Ring6
  • Veteran
11-5
  • Chief
  • Veteran
9-2 and then the Earth blows up.
14-2 SB champs
11-5
12-4
12-4. Superbowl!

10-6
12-4
11-5
16-0
I'm actually surprised to see the number of people who believe our record will be worse than 12-4. Last year, the brand new coaching staff, with a completely new system of offense and defense did not even meet the team until six weeks before the start of the regular season. Of all the playoff teams only the Broncos also had new coaches, and they were 8-8, starting the season 2-5. For the season to go down the way it did, with the amount of time they had to install their systems is.... mindboggling. Now they have a full offseason, with a whole year of the same defense and offense at their backs, and a huge angry chip on their shoulder, and the entire defense returning, and a totally improved wide receiver corps, and Alex Smith in his first year of not learning a new offense ever, and.... do I need to go on??

What I'm trying to say is this team is going to be BETTER than last year's team, and I think by a bunch too. There is just so much more going right for the niners than wrong this offseason..

For those who say the schedule is difficult, well every year playoff teams change quite alot, and I'm expecting a number of those teams we face who were really good last year to be not as strong as they look now.

Already posted my prediction of 14-2, but those are the reasons I see why this will happen. There simply isn't a team that prepares better, hits harder and is more united than the 2012 San Francisco 49ers.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on May 6, 2012 at 10:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone