There are 175 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

UPDATE - Billy Walsh is going to MetLife for 49ers @ Jets!

give me his seat info, i'll go say hello to the lucky chap...i just bought tix to the game today, i'll be in the lower bowl in an endzone section. paid $175 for these tix, they'd prob be $120 at the stick. probably can't expect the same in the new stadium when the rape will begin
He'll probably sell the tickets.

Did he ever say he even wants to go to a game? Some people legitimately prefer to watch on tv vs being there.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
give me his seat info, i'll go say hello to the lucky chap...i just bought tix to the game today, i'll be in the lower bowl in an endzone section. paid $175 for these tix, they'd prob be $120 at the stick. probably can't expect the same in the new stadium when the rape will begin

lol, rape
Should we start a fund so we can pay for his parking pass too?
Originally posted by Goldson38:
Should we start a fund so we can pay for his parking pass too?

Originally posted by iLL49er:
give me his seat info, i'll go say hello to the lucky chap...i just bought tix to the game today, i'll be in the lower bowl in an endzone section. paid $175 for these tix, they'd prob be $120 at the stick. probably can't expect the same in the new stadium when the rape will begin

Those seats at Candlestick are $72.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
give me his seat info, i'll go say hello to the lucky chap...i just bought tix to the game today, i'll be in the lower bowl in an endzone section. paid $175 for these tix, they'd prob be $120 at the stick. probably can't expect the same in the new stadium when the rape will begin

Those seats at Candlestick are $72.

yeah but on the secondary market i've got them before for $120 when we were good back in the garcia/TO years. they will be $200+ in the new stadium...sux
Originally posted by Shorteous:
This really isn't true. It is not that expensive to watch a game. The only games that are expensive are playoff games. It cost just as much if not more to go to a big program college game where the seats are generally metal rails. It cost more to go to circus o lay, it cost way more to see a basketball game, and it is very close to the amount paid to go to a lot of arena events(circus, disney on ice, monster tracks, WWE). My wife spends much more going to concerts than it would to go to a game. It is not a rich mans sport, that is just wrong. These stadiums seat 60K plus, and it's not filled with the rich guys.

Frustrating. Try managing your money better and you'll find out that if your truly middle class than you will have plenty of money to see games. I'm lower middle class with three kids, and me an my wife go to every S.Carolina home game and have to pay for a baby sitter to watch three kids for 5 hours. I've sat everywhere except in the luxary boxes, outside of club seats the upper level section is my favorite and those tickets for pro games generally cost me and my wife less than the tickets for S. Carolina.


WOW! Your entire post is frustrating! And you have the nerve to tell anyone to manage their money better. And I'm sorry but buying gamecock tickets is the worst comparison you could have made. Try getting mid season tickets at Lambeau Field for a marquee matchup and tell me its not expensive! Yeah anyone can afford Vikings Rams tickets but try and get opening day tickets for the packers niners game somewhere in the lower level and then come talk to me.
I sure hope Billy does sell his tickets for some Hop.
billy's gonna get beat up at the jets game lol
Originally posted by Goldson38:
Should we start a fund so we can pay for his parking pass too?

Yes and a two night stay in the penthouse suite at the Waldorf Astoria.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
billy's gonna get beat up at the jets game lol

Then he'll have a legit case for disability.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
This really isn't true. It is not that expensive to watch a game. The only games that are expensive are playoff games. It cost just as much if not more to go to a big program college game where the seats are generally metal rails. It cost more to go to circus o lay, it cost way more to see a basketball game, and it is very close to the amount paid to go to a lot of arena events(circus, disney on ice, monster tracks, WWE). My wife spends much more going to concerts than it would to go to a game. It is not a rich mans sport, that is just wrong. These stadiums seat 60K plus, and it's not filled with the rich guys.

Frustrating. Try managing your money better and you'll find out that if your truly middle class than you will have plenty of money to see games. I'm lower middle class with three kids, and me an my wife go to every S.Carolina home game and have to pay for a baby sitter to watch three kids for 5 hours. I've sat everywhere except in the luxary boxes, outside of club seats the upper level section is my favorite and those tickets for pro games generally cost me and my wife less than the tickets for S. Carolina.


WOW! Your entire post is frustrating! And you have the nerve to tell anyone to manage their money better. And I'm sorry but buying gamecock tickets is the worst comparison you could have made. Try getting mid season tickets at Lambeau Field for a marquee matchup and tell me its not expensive! Yeah anyone can afford Vikings Rams tickets but try and get opening day tickets for the packers niners game somewhere in the lower level and then come talk to me.

We have been buying Panther tickets for years, We buy lower, upper, endzone. We buy tickets for the whole family. If you don't have season tix, Gamecock tickets can be just as expensive. Last year decent Clemson/Carolina tickets were in excess of 200 a piece.

The fact is, that going to a football game is not for "the rich man" and anybody stating that is foolish. Period. Are some games super expensive, yes but so is a lot of things in life. I can't stand the rhetoric, it sickens me that some just say oh thats just for rich people, wish us poor people could get accommodated. One of your problems is that you are buying resale tickets, those are always more expensive than face value tickets. This is why the cost skyrockets for "marquee" match ups.

What ever if your stuck on the idea then so be it, just assume that 60k selfish rich men show up every Sunday to watch football together.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
This really isn't true. It is not that expensive to watch a game. The only games that are expensive are playoff games. It cost just as much if not more to go to a big program college game where the seats are generally metal rails. It cost more to go to circus o lay, it cost way more to see a basketball game, and it is very close to the amount paid to go to a lot of arena events(circus, disney on ice, monster tracks, WWE). My wife spends much more going to concerts than it would to go to a game. It is not a rich mans sport, that is just wrong. These stadiums seat 60K plus, and it's not filled with the rich guys.

Frustrating. Try managing your money better and you'll find out that if your truly middle class than you will have plenty of money to see games. I'm lower middle class with three kids, and me an my wife go to every S.Carolina home game and have to pay for a baby sitter to watch three kids for 5 hours. I've sat everywhere except in the luxary boxes, outside of club seats the upper level section is my favorite and those tickets for pro games generally cost me and my wife less than the tickets for S. Carolina.


WOW! Your entire post is frustrating! And you have the nerve to tell anyone to manage their money better. And I'm sorry but buying gamecock tickets is the worst comparison you could have made. Try getting mid season tickets at Lambeau Field for a marquee matchup and tell me its not expensive! Yeah anyone can afford Vikings Rams tickets but try and get opening day tickets for the packers niners game somewhere in the lower level and then come talk to me.

That's FANS marking the price up, not the teams. I'm not aruing that tickets are especially affordable, but for all the complaining fans do about about price-gouging, season ticket holders selling their own tickets are some of the worst offenders. One could argue that the fans have the right, since they own the tickets, but I guess that same logic would extend to the arguement that the teams own all unsold tickets as well, so they should name their own price. If no one pays, the price would drop.

FWIW, I don't go to many games because I can't afford it. It's not because I manage my money poorly, It's because I bought a house, and we chose to have my wife stay home with the kids until they start school (don't trust strangers w/the kids, and we want the boys to learn something besides how to watch spongebob).
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Then he'll have a legit case for disability.

lol....