LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

UPDATE - Billy Walsh is going to MetLife for 49ers @ Jets!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Dude is wasting his time watching football and not doing s**t. f**k em.

This hispanic couple just came to the door to sell me Tamales. They spoke no english and sold them to me out of a van, My roommates also bought a few. They can't get work because the economy is bad so they sell tamales door to door to make ends meat. An 68 year old asian man comes to my house every monday and takes the cans out of my trash cans.

If this lazy ass wants to go to a game so bad, he can sell some f**king tamales door to door until he earns enough. Or he can go collect cans or someting. How hard can it be to earn an extra 300 bucks in your life, espealliy when you do nothing all day.

And if you are wondering, the tamales were delicious.

For the record, Billy DID NOT ASK ME TO DO THIS. He could be lazy as hell for all I know.

I felt like doing something for another human being. That's it. Help if you want.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
wait..........

so his foot was injured by a sand blaster and he's been on disability since? Why can't he find a fkn desk job? And why would we want to make him go through all that pain of having to stand in line, climb stadium stairs, walk to the concession stand for beer. After all, his foot is injured.

Uhh this 1.good fn point doe
Originally posted by NickSh49:
For the record, Billy DID NOT ASK ME TO DO THIS. He could be lazy as hell for all I know.

I felt like doing something for another human being. That's it. Help if you want.

Keep up the good fight, my man. It'll happen for this guy, if not from the Yorks than from us and others like us around the internet. I too felt something when I read the story about him. I felt really bad for him, and wanted to help. You're idea is a great way to do that. Reading his quotes reminded me of Hunter S. Thompsons last writings:

Football Season is Over:
No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always b***hy. No Fun – for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax – This won't hurt.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
So basically what this boils down to is that you're jealous because someone wants to help this dude out and you don't think he's any more worthy of help than you are. Got it.

right thats it.....
Ok....I'll tell you what. Since I had so much fun ripping this dude today, I'll pitch in 20 simply because of the entertainment value. However, how do we get him the doe and what's the proof it's going to him? BTW, we can't just buy him a ticket. We have to at least get two. What fun is a game that you go to by yourself? Unless of course he goes to an away Webzone tailgate?
  • Jiks
I'm still trying to figure out why this guy deserves this? Cause he has a disabilty? Is that the only reason we are feeling so sorry for him?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Ok....I'll tell you what. Since I had so much fun ripping this dude today, I'll pitch in 20 simply because of the entertainment value. However, how do we get him the doe and what's the proof it's going to him? BTW, we can't just buy him a ticket. We have to at least get two. What fun is a game that you go to by yourself? Unless of course he goes to an away Webzone tailgate?

There is another zoner claiming to go there, maybe a pic with the other zoner for proof?

It would definitely have to be verified, and would be for a kickstarter campaign. I assume contacting the reporter who did the article or someone at the league office who deals with handing out the "die hards" would be the way to go. Also shouldn't be too hard to track him down. The sound of that article is like he doesn't have anyone he would want to go with, 1 ticket would suffice, 2 if the kickstarter gained way more money (theres only a cap for days not amount of money).
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I'm still trying to figure out why this guy deserves this? Cause he has a disabilty? Is that the only reason we are feeling so sorry for him?

Read the article, it's what made me want to donate to this. It has more to do (for me) with how die hard of a fan he is and how lonely he is. The fact that the draft is the highlight of his year.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

apparently so, he has a foot injury that let him stand for 10 hours in line to get into the draft but he's disabled

Originally posted by jreff22:
apparently so, he has a foot injury that let him stand for 10 hours in line to get into the draft but he's disabled

We get it. You're mad that we want to help this guy and not you. Your constant complaining and degrating a man who neither asked for this charity or probably is aware of it isn't helping you get any tickets.
Originally posted by Chauncyw:

We get it. You're mad that we want to help this guy and not you. Your constant complaining and degrating a man who neither asked for this charity or probably is aware of it isn't helping you get any tickets.
did I ask for tickets? I prefer to pay for my own stuff

I would prefer to send a zoner before a stranger
[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 30, 2012 at 8:38 PM ]
did I ask for tickets? I prefer to pay for my own stuff

I would prefer to send a zoner before a stranger

Then start your own campaign. Find the most "worthy" in your eyes. Your personal butthurt about this situation is both ridiculous and hilarious, as it has nothing at all to do with you and you are mad at a guy who didn't ask for this.
i'll throw in a coupon or a few bucks, foo.

I am in contact with Les Carpenter, who wrote the story. He has a contact number for Billy.

There is a person who has come forward who suggested he would pay for Billy's flight to SF (if we skip the MetLife idea).

So if Jed York gets the tickets and we get him some money for a cheap-but-not-rundown hotel room, this thing will be over real quick.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Apr 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone