There are 243 users in the forums

Has Frank Gore *truly* lost a step?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dont care. I just want Frankie to get his ring before he's out of the league. Dude deservs it.
He doesn't have the speed to take it to the house (yesterday withstanding ), but he has excellent vision and is a TANK to tackle. He will manage a 5yd/carry which is exactly what this offense needs.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He doesn't have the speed to take it to the house (yesterday withstanding ), but he has excellent vision and is a TANK to tackle. He will manage a 5yd/carry which is exactly what this offense needs.

Frankie has enver had top end speed. He looks about the same to me.

The bigger question is his body holding up during the course of the season. I'd like to see him spelled quite a bit. Against the Packers, looks like he got 2/3 of the RB touches. I hope over the course of the season its more like 60% of the carries.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Dont care. I just want Frankie to get his ring before he's out of the league. Dude deservs it.

This.

Seriously.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
If Gire is fresh and healthy - he is a very, very productive RB.

Kendall Hunter is a very good backup. And once Brandon Jacobs is healthy we will have 3 stud RBs and production should be solid when each of them are in the game.

Harbaugh has Hunter and James for speed runners. All Gore needs to do is slash, and he can still do that well. Throw in the big guy in short ydg situations and it'll hopefully spell a fresh Gore come playoffs.

I have never known Gore to be a back to take it to the house. Even in his younger years. He was never -- and will never be -- that fast or that quick.

That said -- has he lost a step? Perhaps. Is he still one of the best RB's in the league? After the way he gashed Green Bay yesterday? Answer would have to be a solid yes.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Frankie has never had top end speed. He looks about the same to me.

The bigger question is his body holding up during the course of the season. I'd like to see him spelled quite a bit. Against the Packers, looks like he got 2/3 of the RB touches. I hope over the course of the season its more like 60% of the carries.

A few years ago, playing the Seahawks at home, Frank had 2 breakaway 70+ yd TDs, both had defenders in pursuit. What I'm saying is he doesn't have that speed anymore. But the combination of his vision, awareness, trucking ability, and pass protection still put him in the top 10 RB in the NFL (and I don't think I'm being biased there).
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Frankie has never had top end speed. He looks about the same to me.

A few years ago, playing the Seahawks at home, Frank had 2 breakaway 70+ yd TDs, both had defenders in pursuit. What I'm saying is he doesn't have that speed anymore. But the combination of his vision, awareness, trucking ability, and pass protection still put him in the top 10 RB in the NFL (and I don't think I'm being biased there).

I think I remember that game. But I also remember games where he was hauled down after a gash of 40-50 yards.

Even with a lost step, he's still one of the best backs in the NFL.

he still has it.
Washed up....

I think he's have his best season to date? Can someone confirm?
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm

With the 131 today and the 8095 coming in that equals 8226 total and just passed Herschal Walker for 36th all time

36 more yards to get into 35th place

P.S. Glad we have the extra 4 days to rest because he will need it. 11 days until our next game, he looked banged up
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGod:

This.

And 20 touches a game. Any OC that doesn't see this has no business working in this league.

Every single fvxking game.
I'm very impressed with what Harbaugh and Roman are doing with Gore/Hunter. I was of the opinion that Frank Gore was in his last season as a starter, but the way they're playing him... I think he can play at this pace for another 2+ seasons if we're lucky.
Share 49ersWebzone