There are 418 users in the forums

No shot at Smith but it seems like we are building for Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Speedy deep threat type wr's, super fast RB's that can split out wide and blow the top off the opposing defense.

The guy with the accurate big arm is Kaep not Smith!

your thoughts?
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Speedy deep threat type wr's, super fast RB's that can split out wide and blow the top off the opposing defense.

The guy with the accurate big arm is Kaep not Smith!

your thoughts?

Kaepernick is the QB of the future. They didn't MOVE UP to draft him just so they could stick with Alex forever. When he is ready, he will take over. Anyone who doesn't see that is fooling themselves.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
just another way and another post to bash smith
Yes, fast, shifty playmakers to create a dynamic offense. That totally fits only one qb because that qb is fast and shifty.

Niner talk logic.
No this isn't smith bashing. This is the truth, it looks like cciowa is fooling himself. Kaepernick will be the future starting qb. I want Harbaugh to not play favorites as I think kaepernick will beat out Smith this year in training camp and preseason but Harbaugh may choose the experience of Smith. Point is Smith will have to make a huge jump from 16? Touchdowns last year and a crappy third down percentage. This team has everything in place on offense with all the additions in FA and the draft, no more excuses just Go out there and ball. If smith doesn't step up his game every game, he should be replaced. That's the truth.
Yup...we are absolutely building for the future....but Kap is not part of the immediate future. He is going to battle for the #2 spot. Alex will be the starter as long as he shows growth, beats out everyone else, and/or we keep winning. That could be a while. This season will in all likelihood be the year that determines Alex's job security. He hits a top ten ranking again and he will not be going anywhere...even if he has a bad year the following season.
They are trying to add weapons to the offense to help whoever the qb is succeed.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Yes, fast, shifty playmakers to create a dynamic offense. That totally fits only one qb because that qb is fast and shifty.

Niner talk logic.

These attributes fit a QB that can throw a deep ball on a consistent basis. Moss and Co aren't going to run slant routes and take them to the house, not to mention A. Smith seemed to have a problem throwing the slant to a much slower M. Crabtree.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
kaepernick wont make the 53 man roster this season

This thread was not meant to bash A. Smith, he showed that he can flat out ball last season.

The team has taken pressure off of who ever will play QB by strengthening the running game.
I just think the boms away type players fit Kaep's strengths more than A. Smith.

NO

We are building a team where you don't NEED an elite qb to be sucessful. Now that is ...
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Apr 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM ]
Its strange but at this stage I'm not a "believer" in Kaepernick....Something not right....that might change...but for now I trust more Johnson then Kaep...but if Baalke selected this kid (trading up) then I'm sure he knows....
I hope we aren't drafting players to fit a QB that wont be starting....dumb logic.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Seems to be the case .

Especially since the type of contract they gave Alex, it basically says he is not our long term QB.
THe title sounds like when you say "no offense but....." it is always offensive :)
Share 49ersWebzone