LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

No shot at Smith but it seems like we are building for Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kingairta:
Don't we already have a thread over 180 pages long just for this?

I swear what will this group do if and when Alex is no longer on the team.
I think its the other way around. If anyone says anything negative about #11 the whole board gets lite up by his defenders. I dont understand this mindless devotion to aQB who really only had one decent year out of seven.
Originally posted by 16to87:
I think its the other way around. If anyone says anything negative about #11 the whole board gets lite up by his defenders. I dont understand this mindless devotion to aQB who really only had one decent year out of seven.

its more of the mindless accusations the gu said we are building this tea arounf kaep because of the deep threats but alex has better stats throwing deep in nfl than kaep had in college

doesnt make sense to me
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
NO

We are building a team where you don't NEED an elite qb to be sucessful. Now that is ...

ya might be on to something there
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
So we targeted positions that we needed only for CK. Alex isn't allowed to use them
No. they are CK's toys and no one else can use them untill he is ready. i am just asking any mod who may be out there in modland today tuning in over most of these same modstations....Would it be appropriate to just merge this thread either with the alex or the Ck thread because that is exactly what it has turned out to be and i am just as guilty as anyone.I am just asking
How about -- we're just trying to make the team better in general? Day by day, week by week, month to month, year to year. No need to complicate it any further than that.
If they're winning with Smith, there wont be a change. One things for sure, Harbaugh is not going to pull Smith unless its for good. So if it happens, he's done.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
How about -- we're just trying to make the team better in general? Day by day, week by week, month to month, year to year. No need to complicate it any further than that.

Bingo
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

where were you five pages ago?
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/04/inside-the-49ers/now-its-up-to-alex-smith-lowell-column/

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120428/SPORTS/120429479/1010/SPORTS?p=all&tc=pgall

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/04/inside-the-49ers/now-its-up-to-alex-smith-lowell-column/

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120428/SPORTS/120429479/1010/SPORTS?p=all&tc=pgall

wont read either

dont give them unnecessary hits

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Smith will be benched by week 7.
Originally posted by susweel:
Lol the Smith fans come out with guns blazing. Haha

lol i know
Originally posted by iLL49er:
alex smith : drew bledsoe
colin kaepernick : tom brady

Tom Brady is a statue.
Originally posted by D-Money:
No this isn't smith bashing. This is the truth, it looks like cciowa is fooling himself. Kaepernick will be the future starting qb. I want Harbaugh to not play favorites as I think kaepernick will beat out Smith this year in training camp and preseason but Harbaugh may choose the experience of Smith. Point is Smith will have to make a huge jump from 16? Touchdowns last year and a crappy third down percentage. This team has everything in place on offense with all the additions in FA and the draft, no more excuses just Go out there and ball. If smith doesn't step up his game every game, he should be replaced. That's the truth.

Agree. May the best QB play and see what happens this season and beyond.
Harbaugh and Baalke are geniuses. I can sleep peacefully at night knowing that the 49ers are in good hands for years to come.

Share 49ersWebzone