LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Post-Draft 53 Man Roster

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
JJ will not beat out CK for the back up job. CK is much more talented than JJ.
agree. if jj ends up number two, i am not sure if that says good things about CK. But he should be much much better in his second year
Offense - 26
QB (3): A. Smith, C. Kaepernick, J. Johnson
RB (4): F. Gore, L. James, K. Hunter, B. Jacobs
FB (2): B. Miller, R. Cartwright (emergency FB)
WR (5): R. Moss, M. Crabtree, M. Manningham, A. Jenkins, T. Ginn Jr.
TE (3): V. Davis, D. Walker, N. Byham
C (2): J. Goodwinn, J. Slowey
OG (3): M. Iupati, D. Kilgore, J. Looney
OT (4): J. Staley, A. Davis, A. Boone, M. Person

Defense - 24
DE (4) - J. Smith, R. McDonald, W. Tukuafu, D. Dobbs
NT (3) - I. Sopoaga, R. Jean-Francois, Ian Williams
OLB (4) - A. Smith, A. Brooks, P. Haralson, D. Fleming
ILB (4) - P. Willis, N. Bowman, L. Grant, T. Gooden
CB (5) - C. Rogers, T. Brown, C. Culliver, T. Brock, P. Cox
S (4) - D. Goldson, D. Whitner, C. Spillman, T. Robinson

Special Teams - 3
K (1) - David Akers
P (1) - Andy Lee
LS (1) - Brian Jennings

Notable Cuts: Anthony Dixon, Kyle Williams

PS: Owusu, C. Johnson, Beeler, Reuland, Nelms, Netter, Masifilo, Bademosi

Not sure that both Jacobs and Cartwright make the team (if either gets cut, I see WR Owusu taking their place)...but going with it for now...No way we cut Ian Williams (Baalke praised both him and Dobbs as reasons why we didn't address the DL in this draft) Although I think Cam Johnson will stick at DE for us not LB.
[ Edited by sarppeva on Apr 29, 2012 at 9:46 AM ]
there is no way in hell we cut ian williams

I also think AD competes for his spot with Brandon Jacobs and wins. If AD can do what Jacobs does he is more valuable because of special teams.

I think what gets AD is that he doesnt remember all the plays and protections
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sarppeva:
Offense - 26
QB (3): A. Smith, C. Kaepernick, J. Johnson
RB (5): F. Gore, L. James, K. Hunter, B. Jacobs, R. Cartwright
FB (1): B. Miller
WR (5): R. Moss, M. Crabtree, M. Manningham, A. Jenkins, T. Ginn Jr.
TE (3): V. Davis, D. Walker, N. Byham
C (2): J. Goodwinn, J. Slowey
OG (3): M. Iupati, D. Kilgore, J. Looney
OT (4): J. Staley, A. Davis, A. Boone, M. Person

Defense - 24
DE (4) - J. Smith, R. McDonald, W. Tukuafu, D. Dobbs
NT (3) - I. Sopoaga, R. Jean-Francois, Ian Williams
OLB (4) - A. Smith, A. Brooks, P. Haralson, D. Fleming
ILB (4) - P. Willis, N. Bowman, L. Grant, T. Gooden
CB (5) - C. Rogers, T. Brown, C. Culliver, T. Brock, P. Cox
S (4) - D. Goldson, D. Whitner, C. Spillman, T. Robinson

Special Teams - 3
K (1) - David Akers
P (1) - Andy Lee
LS (1) - Brian Jennings

Notable Cuts: Anthony Dixon, Kyle Williams

PS: Owusu, C. Johnson, Beeler, Reuland, Nelms, Netter, Masifilo, Bademosi

Not sure that both Jacobs and Cartwright make the team (if either gets cut, I see WR Owusu taking their place)...but going with it for...No way we cut Ian Williams (Baalke praised both him and Dobbs as reasosn why we didn't address the DL in this draft) Although I think Cam Johnson will stick at DE for us not LB.
rock will make the team. he takes over as capt of special teams, can also playfullback and can return kicks. no he stays,, lots of good intangibles there both in the lockerroom and on the field
We dont keep four quaterbacks, Tolzien to the practice squad. Owusu is going to make this team as a UDFA probably practices squad. On the bubble, Kyle Williams, Ginn, Crabtree, Jacobs, Dixon.
Depending on how camps go

Haralson may be the player cut on defense

He has to compete with Cam and Fleming. However, if Aldon doesnt progress, then haralson is safe
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Where's Ginn? And we won't keep 4 QBs, I can see us dealing Tolzien to a team for 2013 7th rd pick.

I would keep this 53 man

QB- Alex Smith, Josh Johnson, Colin Kaepernick
RB- Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James and Rock Cartwright
FB- Bruce Miller
WR- Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn Jr. and A.J. Jenkins
TE- Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker and Nate Byham
C- Jonathan Goodwin and Jason Slowey
OG- Mike Iupati, Daniel Kilgore, Joe Looney and Mike Person
OT- Joe Staley, Anthony Davis and Alex Boone

DE- Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Will Tukuafu and Demarcus Dobbs
NT- Isaac Sopoaga and Ricky Jean Francois
OLB- Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Parys Haralson, Darius Fleming and Cam Johnson
ILB- Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Larry Grant and Tavares Gooden
CB- Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox and Tramaine Brock
S- Dashon Goldson, Donte Whitner, C.J. Spillman, Trenton Robinson and Colin Jones

K- David Akers
P- Andy Lee
LS- Brian Jennings

Notable Cuts- Kyle Williams, Anthony Dixon and Brandon Jacobs

Inactive Gameday- QB Kaepernick, C Slowey, OG Person, DE Dobbs, OLB Johnson, CB Brock and S Robinson

Core ST unit- RB Cartwright, TE Byham, DE Tukuafu, OLB Fleming, ILB Grant, ILB Gooden, CB Cox, S Spillman, S Jones, the last would be a tough call, I would probably go with either Jenkins or Walker, or a OG like Looney

Edit- Forgot Practice Squad, I would keep these 8, WR Owusu, RB Hampton, OG Netter, TE Reuland, C Beeler, S Nelms, DE Masifilo and CB Bademosi
Do you think they might put owusu on ir to give him a chance to clear up his concusions and save him for next year?
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
We dont keep four quaterbacks, Tolzien to the practice squad. Owusu is going to make this team as a UDFA probably practices squad. On the bubble, Kyle Williams, Ginn, Crabtree, Jacobs, Dixon.

No way in HELL...Crabtree is on the bubble...He is a COMPLETE lock to make this team....and I think after last year....Ginn (simply cause of return/special team value is a LOCK for the team as well...)

Can you imagine Ginn and James waiting to return kick or punts???
[ Edited by sarppeva on Apr 29, 2012 at 9:55 AM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I also think AD competes for his spot with Brandon Jacobs and wins. If AD can do what Jacobs does he is more valuable because of special teams.

Williams is expendable, he may of PS eligibility...not sure.

I said this before the draft and still think its correct...we will draft a monster on the DL next year, possibly 2.

I could see DE, WR, NT, CB being the major targets next year
Originally posted by jreff22:

I said this before the draft and still think its correct...we will draft a monster on the DL next year, possibly 2.

i think the staff is high on williams, thats why i say not cut

Originally posted by jreff22:

i think the staff is high on williams, thats why i say not cut

we only have so many spots....ICE and RJF are the NT, Dobbs will be the main DE IMO. Williams will have to fight of Tafuku.

strong group but I see big upgrades coming next year for sure

No way in HELL...Crabtree is on the bubble...He is a COMPLETE lock to make this team....and I think after last year....Ginn (simply cause of return/special team value is a LOCK for the team as well...)

Lets see we got Moss Manningham, Crabtree and Jenkins bascially playing the same position. Crabtree is slow cant seem to get open and drops balls. If Moss doesnt pan out the Crabtree will be there. Crabtree is going to have to bust his butt and cant miss the pre-season if he is going to make this team. Ginn place on ST will be replaced by James and Jenkins.

Lets see we got Moss Manningham, Crabtree and Jenkins bascially playing the same position. Crabtree is slow cant seem to get open and drops balls. If Moss doesnt pan out the Crabtree will be there. Crabtree is going to have to bust his butt and cant miss the pre-season if he is going to make this team. Ginn place on ST will be replaced by James and Jenkins.

Please stop. However you see Crabtree as a player/person he is still the best wr on our team. He came up small in the biggest situation last year and like Kyle Williams thats all some people brains will allow them to remember.
Originally posted by natrone06:

Please stop. However you see Crabtree as a player/person he is still the best wr on our team. He came up small in the biggest situation last year and like Kyle Williams thats all some people brains will allow them to remember.

I dont look at just one game, and I certainly dont blame Crabs or Williams for that loss or any other. I dont blame AS either, its a team game. As far as Crabs being the best wr on the team that is true at this point in time. But that isnt saying much. If Moss works out and that is a big if, and Manningham plays like he did for the Giants and if Jenkins and thats another if, pans out Crabs will be the fourth best for 2012. Look out for Owusu this guy has some talent and great speed. Hey I could be all wet with this but it is just my thoughts. And no I dont think Crabs is a diva this is nothing personal. Some people blame AS because he doesnt throw receivers open, and there is some truth to that, on the other hand dont we pay receivers to get open? Crabs is going to be pushed this year just like the running backs and the quarterbacks. Best guy wins and I am on board with that.
I think Tolzien is a PS guy if he has eligibility and I can't see both Cam Johnson and Fleming making the roster.
Share 49ersWebzone