LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Favorite Pick of the Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Favorite Pick of the Draft

Jenkins so he can replace Kyle Williams
I haven't seen enough of A.J. but I have seen L. James, he's a burner with moves that will fake guys out of their shoes.
LJ, the more games I see of the guy the more I like, dudes a home runner. He gonna make it rain on 3rd downs, flyscreens are in vogue now. Dudes twinkle toes on the fringes with some slice n dice between the hashes. And he'll put a lick on a defender before going down for a taste of turf.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
AJ
L. James!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Cam Johnson - hands down I mocked him to us in the 2nd months ago and to know we still got him in the 7th!?!??!?! Man that is the steal of steals, top 50 talent that fell because teams are scared of what happened to Ryan Clark.

But in close 2nd I'd say James -- that kid is going to kill it in the NFL and thank God he'll do it for us and not against us.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 29, 2012 at 7:13 AM ]
James was an exciting pick. I am not sure how his skillset will transition to the NFL. If he maintains what he had at Oregon and we use him the way Payton used Bush and Sproles, we will be ridiculous on offense.
Originally posted by sfout:
Cam Johnson - hands down I mocked him to us in the 2nd months ago and to know we still got him in the 7th!?!??!?! Man that is the steal of steals, top 50 talent that fell because teams are scared of what happened to Ryan Clark.

But in close 2nd I'd say James -- that kid is going to kill it in the NFL and thank God he'll do it for us and not against us.

I LOVE the LJ pick, but I voted for Johnson because of the value. I see these two guys making a huge impact on the team. I have AJ Jenkins third only because I hope the Randy Moss signing pans out. I'd like for him to finish his career and a decent note with a Super Bowl ring, then Jenkins can take over the following year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i was temped to say Jenkins because the more video i watch and articles i read on him the more i think hes gonna be a beast but James is a nightmare for defenses. you can put that guy anywhere on the field and he can take it all the way. we added two incredible weapons in this draft to go along with our impressive FA upgrades. another solid offseason for baalke and harbaugh

Yeah. We needed speed and explosiveness. And we added it big time. I think people will be surprised how good the first 2 will be. And people complain about a 3rd down back and such. But we are a mature team with a lot of talent. So we are now in a position for "luxury picks." We can add speed and not need an every down player. When you are sucky and rebuilding you need a LT, QB, DE, RB, CB etc.

Agree so much. I really like the Jenkins pick, but love the James pick so much. This offense gonna be so fun to watch!
Who else but Lamichael James biatch?

L. James put the excitement on the team and would be fun to watch as a fan. I think T. Robinson might end up being a very good backup for Whitner.
My family being huge ducks fans. I have to go with lamicheal James. Dude is the fastest back in this class and it's not even close. He plays with that speed on the field and a comparison to devin Hester on return ability is legitimate. I questioned the pick after drafting hunter last year but with the smaller James behind our big oline, defenses won't see him until he's in the end zone. I think he will be a fantasy sleeper this year and will have more touchdowns than Jenkins this year.
Slowey....have a good feeling about this kid.

Maybe Kilgore and Slowey break the mold of high priced OL in the first
I was pretty accurate as to the positions, players we would take, with the exception of being on the Fleener band wagon. I have to say none of these guys jump out at me or take my breath away. I have no favorite, none at all, other than LMJ, I have barely heard of any of these guys, so I will have to wait and see...In Baalke and JH we trust! I like the speed, and at the skills, and like that we added depth at positions of need, but again, I gotta see them suit up.
I have to go with the Looney pick. I think by the end 2013 he will be the best pick Balke made. We will see
Share 49ersWebzone