LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Favorite Pick of the Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Favorite Pick of the Draft

we have an army of weapons now. speed has been our problem for a long time, VD was the only one on the team for the last 5 or 6 years who had any chance of burning anyone. now with jenkins, james, hunter, moss, manningham, williams, ginn we have serious speed. crabs and VD are gonna make a living on the underneath routes.
James is going to abuse 2nd and 3rd stringers in preaseason. Should be fun to watch Kaep with AJ, Owusu, and James.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
James is going to abuse 2nd and 3rd stringers in preaseason. Should be fun to watch Kaep with AJ, Owusu, and James.

i wish owusu would stick because hes a good receiver but i think were too stacked. only way i see him making it is if we think ginn is expendable (huge mistake IMHO) or if he just flat out beats kyle williams as a receiver. i think williams is a good receiver tho so its gonna be hard for an undrafted owusu to knock him off the roster
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I am a U of O fan and have seen a number of LaMichael James games and they were fun to watch so definitely he is my favorite pick. So happy he went to the Niners.

This this this this this this this
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

i wish owusu would stick because hes a good receiver but i think were too stacked. only way i see him making it is if we think ginn is expendable (huge mistake IMHO) or if he just flat out beats kyle williams as a receiver. i think williams is a good receiver tho so its gonna be hard for an undrafted owusu to knock him off the roster

He will stick at least on the PS. Moss probably won't be retained after this year and who knows how this preseason plays out. The only 3 with secure roster sports are Crabs, Manningham, and Jenkins.
Jenkins as he is more needed and a longer term need. James is exciting though and the linemen are...who?
I am a big fan of both James and Jenkins, However Jenkins has grown on me in the past 24-48 hours. After watching as much on youtube as I could on the guy and reading the back story of how poor his QB play was. The stats he put up last year are under valued if you don't look at the QB play, the team completed like 220 passes all season for 14 TD's and 2400 yards, 90 of the completions were Jenkins catches, 8 of the TD's and half the yards were all from Jenkins. Was watching this video and couldn't help to notice how the catch that happens around 54 seconds in reminds me of the GOAT, im not making comparisons before the guy even touches the pro field but that one catch sent chills down my spin.

http://youtu.be/94DeY_Egtnw
LaMichael James by far.
After watching Darren Sproiles gash our highly ranked defense in the Saints playoff game, I'm really excited about James.

I love the Jenkins pick, cause he has the potential to be a Mike Wallace type of receiver for us. But it's tougher for a WR to show promise in his rookie year than a running back, so I'm already drooling about James creating in space next season.

(It's also harder to imagine the 49ers with a really good receiver, cause we haven't had one for a decade.)
Watch this vid of Slowey - had me cracking up....I'm rooting for him big time.

http://youtu.be/72-4DGH5-1M

Favorite pick is definitely The Strangler
LaMike!
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Sexual chocolate
definitely LMJ, but i really like the Jenkins pick too.

call me crazy, but i havent really kept up with prospects or the draft this year. been so busy with school. just watching AJ's highlights, first impression was he looks a lot like Jerry. And i just mean they both looked so smooth running. His breaks looked effortless, much like the GOAT. Obviously those would be lofty expectations, and i'm not saying he's gonna tear it up, but after last year, I'm gonna trust that Harbalke can judge talent.

Can't wait to see LMJ break some ankles.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i was temped to say Jenkins because the more video i watch and articles i read on him the more i think hes gonna be a beast but James is a nightmare for defenses. you can put that guy anywhere on the field and he can take it all the way. we added two incredible weapons in this draft to go along with our impressive FA upgrades. another solid offseason for baalke and harbaugh

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but what "impressive FA upgrades" did we land? Mario Manningham is probably the biggest acquisition we made. Other than that, we got an old Randy Moss coming out of retirement, a backup QB, a backup RB and a backup CB. Unless I missed a couple big-time acquisitions, that is far from impressive.

The most important thing is we did upgrade, it's just that "impressive" is definitely not fitting.
Share 49ersWebzone