LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This guy really stepped up when we needed him in Hunter's shoes. -Without that 2nd dimensional back our offense would suffer.
lol and people were panicking about him in preseason
all of you guys saying we need to draft a bigger back are forgetting that jewel hampton is almost the same size as frank gore with similar skills set already.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by schmons:
all of you guys saying we need to draft a bigger back are forgetting that jewel hampton is almost the same size as frank gore with similar skills set already.

Yes but he was UDFA for a reason and that reason was multiple serious knee injuries. It never hurts to add another day 3 body to a competition for short yardage back with Hampton and Dixon.
Originally posted by schmons:

HA! Similar skill sets already, he says. He might be the same size, but I think you're far off to think that a PS squad player has around the same skills as Frank at the moment.
i mean in terms of running style. come on!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if that's the case, I have a similar skill set to Patrick WIllis. Put me in coach!
He is having a small size and good speed but he is no power to run to hits.. oh well.. He need gains to power to hits and run too strong..
Any vids of that 25 plus yard run yesterday?
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
He is having a small size and good speed but he is no power to run to hits.. oh well.. He need gains to power to hits and run too strong..

naw, i hope he stays the same size. his speed and elusiveness is what makes him badass. he doesnt look that small to me

Very shifty....can't wait to see him in the playoffs.....
LMJ looks like he has already gotten stronger than the preseason. The time he waited on the pine obviously was well used as he looks pretty strong. Can't wait to have Hunter back. Gore, Hunter and LMJ is one hell of RB/HB depth list.
Lamike is going to be a star once he gets about 1/2 a season's worth of playing time. Sprinkle him in next year just like we did with Hunter and I can already see he is going to blow it up. To be honest I would love to see those three backs split the carries equally to keep Gore fresh and extend his career as long as possible. When Gore retires (hopefully with a ring) that could be a scary combo with Lamike behind Hunter.
I hope LaMike gets a ton of work running routes out of the backfield, in the slot, and split out wide in the off season. Turning him into a dangerous receiving threat that LBs and Safeties can't cover would make this offense very difficult to defend and extend a lot of drives.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

naw, i hope he stays the same size. his speed and elusiveness is what makes him badass. he doesnt look that small to me

I don't care about the size small but small size is too good. If the LB and Dline can tackle him so hard. James will get hurt too easy his knee.. he was lost game at Seahawks last sunday night.. did u watch it? I already watch it..
Share 49ersWebzone