LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wanna be like LaMike!

That 62 yard return was HUGE for us in that win.

If he can get his punt return game going and proves to be reliable we could be sayin bye bye to Ginn.
he carried the NE defender for a good 7-10yds at the end of his 62 yd kick off return b4 he finally went down.

that's power. he showed that power a lot in college in finishing runs and he's showing it now
Originally posted by iLL49er:
he carried the NE defender for a good 7-10yds at the end of his 62 yd kick off return b4 he finally went down.

that's power. he showed that power a lot in college in finishing runs and he's showing it now

The NE defender was McQuarty (sp)
James is a damn good football player, thats all there is to it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good to see the kid getting some action.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by kray28:
The plays they are calling for him aren't taking full advantage of his key strengths. Those student body left/right plays are not going to work against most decent NFL defenses. Despite that I thought he was productive at critical points yesterday.

Draw up some screens, swing/circle routes or put him in the slot....there's a lot of you can do with him if you put him in space against only one or two slower fotted defenders.

This. With his quickness, he's going to get a few steps on most defenders out there. I think he could be absolutely deadly if they put him in the slot and utilized some creativity in the passing game. That would really make it tough for teams now torn between defending Crabtree, Davis and James in the slot.

I didn't see him much in college outside of his highlight reels so I'm not sure how good he is at catching the ball. But If we could move him from the backfield to the slot, similarly to what GB does with Cobb, we could create a lot of problems for opposing defenses.

I sure like what he can do with the ball in his hands, so the more opportunities he has to get it in space the better IMO.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
I wanna be like LaMike!

That 62 yard return was HUGE for us in that win.

If he can get his punt return game going and proves to be reliable we could be sayin bye bye to Ginn.

Regardless of how James progresses as a return man we ARE NOT re-signing Ginn. Jenkins, James, Cox, and Williams have all been getting meaningful reps at punt and kick returner over the season.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by iLL49er:

The NE defender was McQuarty (sp)

Yep, just fyi it's McCourty. That was EPIC when James finished that run with him all over him!
what do we do with a healthy Hunter next year?
Originally posted by socalniner:

all three of them are on the roster. Use em all!!!!!!!!!!!

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by socalniner:

all three of them are on the roster. Use em all!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously do you even ask that question with a straight face? All 3 of them will see lots of use, plus I'm not kidding when I say that LMJ is being worked in as a Danny Woodhead/Dexter McCluster role of RB/slot receiver.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
spread out them Defenses it will. open up the middle cuz they have to respect the outside. Man i hope LMJ and AJ jenkins can both put on another fifteen pounds . we will be unstopable. James learning from gore!!! and AJ learning from moss and crabtree!! i think our O will continue to develop for a while to come..

If I'm not mistaken, I think LMJ has put on a pretty good amount of weight since we drafted him.. Does anyone know for sure?
LMJ is the man!
LMAO at all the people yelling BUST!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Really excited to see Lamichael James play well. He gives the niners the home run threat they've been missing. He can take it to the house on any play.

I hope Roman finds more ways to use Lamichael. I think LMJ would be perfect in the slot. Screen passes would be great too. This guy is deadly in open spaces.
Share 49ersWebzone