There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i dont really like this pick at all cuz james is about the same type of rb as hunter. Hunter did very well and now we have 5 freakin RBs on our roster. i would of like to address the DLine or Oline with our 2nd. O WELL

I didn't like it at first glance either.



Then I watched that^ and saw how consistently explosive he is. He may only be 2 inches taller than hunter and similar weight, but he brings a different kind of speed. Where hunter is more likely to use his size to "hide" then do shifty moves to get separation, James is more of a straight up speed back. Look at his legs move when he's running, he reminds me of the road runner.




Can't wait
LMJ LMJ
Hunter may never be the same. We really need LMJ more than ever now.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Hunter may never be the same. We really need LMJ more than ever now.


That's the ugly side of an Achilles. Only the few and the strong make it all the way back. Hoping Hunter does, but this blows.

Help us LaMichael James, you're our only hope. To replace Kendall Hunter. This year.
According to the listed physical attributes, LMJ is taller and heavier than Sproles. He sure doesn't look bigger than Sproles on the field.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,251
Originally posted by father49er:
According to the listed physical attributes, LMJ is taller and heavier than Sproles. He sure doesn't look bigger than Sproles on the field.

you just said the reason to the second half of your statement with the first half. Sproles is only 10 pounds lighter then LMJ but he is 4-5 inches shorter then him, making him basically the same weight but in a more compact package. Sproles is also 4-5 years into the NFL weight room experience so that listed weight in all reality is probably closer to 200, Sproles likely has more muscle mass then LMJ has or will have until he's been in the nfl for at least a year or 2.
Originally posted by father49er:
According to the listed physical attributes, LMJ is taller and heavier than Sproles. He sure doesn't look bigger than Sproles on the field.


Originally posted by sfout:
you just said the reason to the second half of your statement with the first half. Sproles is only 10 pounds lighter then LMJ but he is 4-5 inches shorter then him, making him basically the same weight but in a more compact package. Sproles is also 4-5 years into the NFL weight room experience so that listed weight in all reality is probably closer to 200, Sproles likely has more muscle mass then LMJ has or will have until he's been in the nfl for at least a year or 2.




We gotta get this guy hungry, motivated. A few carries should do the trick.
The guy looks really dangerous every time he touches the ball. I think James will be a very nice player for the Niners. His only obstacle right now is Greg Roman/Jim Harbaugh.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/169258-l-james-vs-gore/
This guy did pretty good today! looked alot better than he did in the preseason. Roman needs to design some special plays for lamike
I liked his play today too, good change of pace ala Hunter! :)
The kid came so close to breaking one on a kick return in yesterdays game.
darren sproles version 2
LMJ is going to be great!!
Was impressed with his first start. Keep up the good work..